Pages:
Author

Topic: Video call for KYC verification - page 39. (Read 40805 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 11
October 18, 2018, 11:20:32 AM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

I am very open to this idea if this will resolve scam and Regarding with app I will recommend  vedio messanger , this is much comfortable rather than submitting documents .
Activity: 144
Merit: 0
October 18, 2018, 11:15:16 AM
Verification must be here because it is a way to stop the scam in its spreading and I am totally support this idea and believe that it will be more serious.

But sometimes some people are not comfortable doing this, like me, I prefer uploading my documents rather than a video call kyc, if they will scam even video calling can screenshot our documents so we can't really avoid it if they want to.
Activity: 532
Merit: 165
October 18, 2018, 11:09:12 AM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call
That's possible. A year ago I participated in a bounty, the tokens of which were created on the Waves platform. So I couldn't figure out their wallet. But when I finally figured out, I received a video call, where I had to show my face and passport. But I certainly did not do it
Activity: 160
Merit: 1
October 18, 2018, 10:56:31 AM
Verification must be here because it is a way to stop the scam in its spreading and I am totally support this idea and believe that it will be more serious.
Activity: 133
October 18, 2018, 10:43:04 AM
I don't like KYC at all because I feel my self not so saved at all and my ability for the work is going down. But it is possible to understand communities as well.
plr
Activity: 1162
Merit: 24
October 18, 2018, 10:35:35 AM
I haven't seen any ICO that implement video call KYC and hoping that it's not going to happen anyway I'm not into KYC much more on video call that's too much for privacy concern and besides these ICO's are not compliant also so why should we, it's unfair.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
October 18, 2018, 10:28:58 AM

i think thats not really work with attracting more people or investors to join like ico's or a bounties. and aside of that so many bounty hunters are quitting or transfer the other projects that has not need kyc or any documentations.
Activity: 662
www.cd3d.app
October 18, 2018, 10:11:17 AM
using the video call facility for KYC verification is very possible, but this requires a long time, because the DEV must make a video call to each participant of the campaign and investors. this takes a very long time because they are not likely to receive video call calls at the same time

yes agree with you, it must be very troublesome for dev and also investors. and most importantly it all takes a lot of time, I'm sure if this is done it can take more than a month just for KYC verification
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
October 18, 2018, 10:09:47 AM
I am still thinking of how will KYC give more credits or help to investors!
This know your customer is not for investors but only for the TEAM ICO.
They are just making sure that they will not have an investor in a restricted country.
Video call is just the same of ID verification! both are not good to investors identity.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
October 18, 2018, 10:06:58 AM
Since people have already learned to forge documents, the Kus does not provide a complete exception to the double participation of participants in the bounty of the company. But the video call to exclude such a situation. But, not everyone has the opportunity to make a video call. That's unfair!
Activity: 364
Merit: 19
www.codex.one
October 18, 2018, 10:04:42 AM
I know that this type of verification is used on some exchanges and maybe it makes sense to do it if you really need to trade there. But the idea that in order to give money to a development project investor should go through video identification and answer some stupid questions to me it seems like a nonsense. On the contrary, they should make any concessions to the investor and facilitate the investment process in every possible way and not scare them with any kind of video verification
Activity: 392
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
October 18, 2018, 10:03:34 AM
It can happen but what I don't agree with is the time that it will occupy. Verifying takes months before the ICO team finish and it will take more time if its a video call. It is very hard to schedule thousands of people. I know a lot of people find it hard to follow instructions and that is were the challenge is. Maybe there are other ways to make the process a bit faster than it is. Video call might not be the answer.
Activity: 182
October 18, 2018, 10:00:20 AM
I think that it is best not to inspect the documents via video link as it takes a long time I heard that telegram will soon launch the test or to use services such as https://icosid.com/
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
October 18, 2018, 09:58:38 AM

If the company is big and he has manpower he can do time it's time-consuming and they are doing it to all members in many parts of the world that means working on different time zome to be able to verify participants, I don't think the project can keep up with it, it's just to much.
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
October 18, 2018, 09:56:04 AM
using the video call facility for KYC verification is very possible, but this requires a long time, because the DEV must make a video call to each participant of the campaign and investors. this takes a very long time because they are not likely to receive video call calls at the same time
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
October 18, 2018, 09:52:52 AM
I don't think this will be useful or good. What if other people have slow connections then video call won't work? Maybe video call can be a part of the KYC, still there's a need for submission of other relevant documents.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
October 18, 2018, 09:47:50 AM
There will be also such verification soon. Campaigns go on different tricks not to pay money for the performed work.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
October 18, 2018, 09:31:07 AM

Experienced this myself in our local exchange. It feels like we both are Chinese on the video. One of the questions asked to me was whether my family has a political background. I was also asked whether I'm part of the LGBT lol, I don't know how they all connect this but whatever. Funny because they say I have an astonishing amount of money when all those coins sent was back when the value of BTC was less than $1k.
Activity: 293
Merit: 4
October 18, 2018, 07:30:00 AM
What will we not see in crypto?? Just when we're still battling with KYC/AML, it's been taken a step further by requesting video calls for KYC verification? Naa, I'm not doing it for no reason. If providing my documents isn't sufficient to complete a KYC process, then miss me with the investment opportunity and it's on to the next one! Ain't nobody making me go through the hassle of doing a video call for tokens that have no guarantees they won't tank at the exchange leaving me with losses.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
October 17, 2018, 03:35:06 AM
Wow video KYC sounds like a nightmare from the novel 1984.  Next we will need full retina scans and anal probes.  Are you guys seriously sending in Passport documents over and doing videos?  

It was really funny to imagine every person who is going to pass KYC and sending his or her retina scans or anal probes ))))) thank you for really great funny moment on this forum. Humor - is the guarantee of long and joyful life. But if seriously, really video calls do not guarantee that person calling in order to pass KYC is the real one. So there should be some data warehouse in order to keep your data, because it will be required to confirm that the person calling and named for example Bob is really Bob and not someone else.
Pages:
Jump to: