Pages:
Author

Topic: [VMC] Unofficial Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion - page 4. (Read 10836 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
There is a 90% chance that the unit will not get posted, not arrive or be dead on arrival. Then there will be a 0% chance of getting a refund.

Why would anyone order a unit from this pretend company?
I personally believe that ActM should just turn off their homepage.
No single person in their right mind will buy from them anyway, just ship to those who paid already and refund those who should have it and focus 100% on mining.

Why? This way maybe they can get some suckers to pay for that so they can have funds to pay refunds.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
There is a 90% chance that the unit will not get posted, not arrive or be dead on arrival. Then there will be a 0% chance of getting a refund.

I personally believe that ActM should just turn off their homepage.
No single person in their right mind will buy from them anyway, just ship to those who paid already and refund those who should have it and focus 100% on mining.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=22&controller=product#/fh_exp_case_16_pcie_slots-no_expansion_case/fh_128ghs_module_a-768gh_800_watts
768GH/$9000  - SWEET

definitely a great looking product! XD

perhaps Ken and his entire staff do not yet realise that going to http://virtualminingcorp.com/   shows a ton of different products and none of these are actually for sale? The only product for sale is almost impossible to find and differentiate from all the other cancelled gear unless you have the direct link

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=22&controller=product#/fh_exp_case_16_pcie_slots-no_expansion_case/fh_128ghs_module_a-768gh_800_watts
768GH/$9000  - SWEET

definitely a great looking product! XD

perhaps Ken and his entire staff do not yet realise that going to http://virtualminingcorp.com/   shows a ton of different products and none of these are actually for sale? The only product for sale is almost impossible to find and differentiate from all the other cancelled gear unless you have the direct link
Of the 30 known Prospector boards sold by VMC only 3 are up and running (10%)
So by definition the above image should technically be:
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
Update [April 26 2014]  - current status of the prospector customers that have made their order status known to me.

Of the 30 known Prospector boards ordered from VMC:

15 Delivered are dead on arrival - still waiting for replacement - (computerjesus/ Kodemadge)
4 didn't get delivered - waiting for 25 days (emjay47)
4 delivered and working. (2 to bargraphics & 2 to 'unknown user')
1 Delivered (of 5) waiting for confirmation of working unit (emjay47)
6 ordered by rogerli9 (ordered 2014-04-11 - 2 weeks ago) not posted.

It's clear to anyone that VMC is royally shafting anyone who crosses the paths with them. Even bargraphics working 2 prospectors are habitually failing:  http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1FscNBYzd5CqDzUVQ9YapLQNtLbswkM4NL
Quote from: rogerli9 on Today at 01:19:20 PM
Might as well add onto this have been talking to emjay47 for the past couple of weeks. I ordered 6 prospectors on 2014-04-02 16:38:06 and they have been shipped on their website on the 2014-04-11 21:50:53,
Still no signs of a single boards, Ken has told me that he is finally shipping them but he said FedEx has problems with my address so i resent him the address and i am seeing if he will ship them today, I will give you an update today  ASAP.
Thanks

Added to front page
So this gold rush card looks good on paper $/GH and it's "in stock" as we speak according to ken.

However, a cursory glance at the VMC website: http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=gold+rush&submit_search=Search

But to give him credit, If/when they ever do appear then expect the following...

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
I'm so embarrassed. Ken you might want to hire someone who knows customer service and logistics. It's worth giving up a million restricted shares for someone that can give us a chance of surviving.

Please don't be penny wise and pound foolish, we need customers for our long term prosperity, but why do this? Why make every customer hate us?
Activity: 38
No one in their right mind will EVER do business with your company if this is the treatment you serve out.

+10000
It will not matter how cheap ActM's gold rush miners are. People will not order from Ken because it will be a HUGE gamble with money.
If I were interested in buying a miner I would simply buy a more expensive one ($/gh wise), but from a company with better reputation.
Ken's inability to deliver products and refunds will be the downfall of ActM.
It seems there are still other people not getting refunds as promised by Ken and VMC.

someone from China contacted me on PM asking for help because English isn't their first language.

@Ken, If people are asking for refunds then refund them instead of taking advantage of their inability to argue the toss with you.

Emkay47 from India has been waiting 4 weeks for his miners - of which you have personally cost him a large swathe of money.

No one in their right mind will EVER do business with your company if this is the treatment you serve out.
Update [April 24 2014] 
Ken has sent the refund check. He says that he posted one back in Feb that has not been cashed. So he's cancelled it and sent a new one today. I asked for it to be sent recorded delivery but it had already been sent. When I asked him about ask the other refunds from other customers he relented that he bumped me to the top of the list to get me to stfu. I will only stfu once everyone who asked for a refund gets a refund.

We are still waiting on our refund.  Our order date was 2013-11-29.  We paid cash with a bank wire.  We waited until February to ask for a refund.  Still no refund and no updates as when or if we will ever see our money again.  I've never had a customer experience this bad in 30 plus years working in IT.

You can try pm kslaughter he will get back but it will be full of bs and false promises. It's only by 'trolling' (read being persistent) that I have at least got any traction on this. I agree that it's the worst customer service ever. But you should also try calling them. They will answer but all refund processing is done by ken.
Activity: 1
Update [April 24 2014] 
Ken has sent the refund check. He says that he posted one back in Feb that has not been cashed. So he's cancelled it and sent a new one today. I asked for it to be sent recorded delivery but it had already been sent. When I asked him about ask the other refunds from other customers he relented that he bumped me to the top of the list to get me to stfu. I will only stfu once everyone who asked for a refund gets a refund.

We are still waiting on our refund.  Our order date was 2013-11-29.  We paid cash with a bank wire.  We waited until February to ask for a refund.  Still no refund and no updates as when or if we will ever see our money again.  I've never had a customer experience this bad in 30 plus years working in IT.
Update [April 24 2014] 
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
From Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-manufacturer-trustworthiness-guide-1st-feb-2016-456691
Hashfast - Finally delivering, however high failure rates in initial batch. Batches continue to be delayed. MPP scheme soon to be shipping

Given that VMC are just reselling used hashfast boards re branded as VMC prospectors it doesn't surprise me that there is a 64% failure rate in these 'used' boards with thermal paste all over them now going out to unsuspecting customers.

Care to comment Ken? or the shills who are supporting him?

I don't know too much about that stuff, but I was under the impression we are only buying the ASIC from Hashfast and we have based the boards off of the reference design, but rather had them contracted out to an engineering firm to build.

So we shouldn't we buying any hashfast boards at all.

I would too like an explanation.

ken said before that he 'bought the chips" (from hashfast), "bought the PCB" (this seems to indicate that the finished pcb was bought from hashfast, rather than custom-fabricated), and that at least one assembly house they used is the same one used by hashfast.

it really sounds like ACTM paid hashfast to "build" them boards rather than admit to simply buying them.  More proof of the assembly and purchase process could clarify this easily, but the financial reports (the easiest way to know) are more than 3 weeks overdue
Activity: 21
---
Your order with the reference PIDNLSMFM - Shipped

Thank you for shopping with VMC Shop!

Your order with the reference PIDNLSMFM has been shipped.
You will soon receive a URL to track the delivery progress of your package.

You can review your order and download your invoice from the "Order history" section of your customer account by clicking "My account" on our shop.

If you have a guest account, you can follow your order via the "Guest Tracking" section on our shop.
---

Hooray, let's see if it also arrives.
A long list of excuses on refunds from Ken - but all refunds have been sent (unless they haven't)

January 30, 2014, 02:25:51 AM
We have a back log in refunds and are processing those as fast as we can.  If you have requested a refund from customer support then it is being worked on.

February 05, 2014, 01:11:34 AM »
That should have been processed, please contact customer service and tell them it has been 7 weeks.

February 05, 2014, 11:04:02 PM »
We had a little problem in December with BTC processing, so all Bitcoin refunds have to be checked, so that may be the hold up.  I will look into why you refund has not be sent.

February 27, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
Virtual Mining is currently processing and confirming pre-order refund requests.

March 10, 2014, 12:10:40 AM »
Refund to you ASAP.

March 11, 2014, 01:28:16 AM »
I have just hired a new customer service rep.

March 17, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »
Refunds will be processed in 2-4 weeks.

April 01, 2014, 07:29:34 PM »
Me:Ken, Given that refunds will never be processed, I'll take this deal to accept product from you instead of a refund.
Ken: I don't think so, we will just send you a refund.

April 07, 2014, 02:26:10 PM »
We will be issuing you a check soon.

April 22, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
We are sending out your check today.

April 22, 2014, 06:05:53 PM »
@Magzy We are starting today to issue refunds including your check today.

Edit:  @Magzy  In getting your check ready, we found in our records that we have already issued our check number 123 on 2/17/14 to you.  That check has not cleared our bank, so we are put a stop payment on that check and re-issuing another check to you.

from me: April 23, 2014, 12:07:29 AM
No more false promises please.
This needs to be sent with a tracking number and a signature - I am happy to pay for this additional cost. Deduct it from the $769
OR the BTC address above I will then go through my post history and clean up any posts accusing VMC of scams et-al

April 23, 2014, 12:09:40 AM »
It has already been mailed today.

Sent to: kslaughter on: April 23, 2014, 12:12:52 AM »
So Given that I am at the bottom of the list as per your post 2 weeks ago, all refunds have been given now?

No Response fron Ken
@ magzy. kodemage is actually one of my friends who was helping me confirm that all of the boards are actually doa. he has no more in his possession as i was just letting him hold the 14th board for a few days. i grabbed it back as i am now trying to get them all exchanged for working boards. 

thanks for clearing this up. I'll update the front page.
Pages:
Jump to: