Pages:
Author

Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)? - page 11. (Read 1143 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
I voted YES because I did participate before on some ICO which requires KYC approval but it still depends on the ICO. If it has a promising future and it offers something new, I would definiteky participate regardless if it haw KYC approvak or not because I know that I will surely profit from it. If the ICO is not promising, I wouldn't give a damn thing about it whether there's no KYC approval or even if it offers a huge discount.
Activity: 181
Merit: 5
Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark
I also concerned about my personal data. At least if I see that KYC required in description, I can skip that ICO. But also I've seen ICOs which have weird strategy: you invest and after that you suddenly got news, that you have to proceed with KYC.
Activity: 266
Merit: 20
No, I am not interested to participate in ICOs that require KYC. I don't want to send my personal details to get some stakes. I am concerned about safety of information.

Please vote (choose "no" above )
Activity: 387
Merit: 11
No, I am not interested to participate in ICOs that require KYC. I don't want to send my personal details to get some stakes. I am concerned about safety of information.
Activity: 530
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Providing your personal data to someone online who hasn't even launched yet is not only risky but foolish. With the amount of hacks happening I don't think people realize what happens if their personal data gets hacked and sold on dark net markets.
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
Since, the cryptocurrencies has gone mainstream, governments are trying their best to keep an account of the investors and traders. This at one hand is completely against the idea of cryptocurrencies, but on the other hand, helps in tackling the problem of money laundering and illegal activities and thus, providing protection to the investors. Thus, KYC by the ICOs isn't a wrong thing. It is dependent upon the investor whether he wants to go through the process or not. But nowadays, cryptocurrencies aren't that anonymous since government has all the data from the exchanges who requires trader to go through KYC process. So, if you aren't much concerned about revealing your identity, participating in such ICO isn't a big deal.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
with the existence of the kyc program altcoin that we have will be more secure and more secure to invest our money in the ico.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
The KYC process is the only way Datum can check the source of funds raised during the token sale, and we do so by verifying each buyer’s identity and residency. This is something that isn’t only required by governments and regulators, but also by the banks, large corporations, and public bodies we’re bringing into the data trading market that is the Datum Network.

We spent a lot of time debating the pros and cons of KYC. If we want to interact with other partners in the industry, however, we really have no choice. We analyzed and evaluated numerous third-party KYC providers. None of these passed muster. In some cases, the providers wanted to send your documents halfway around the world to a call center where other people would then review your information. Since this isn’t nearly enough protection for something so sensitive, we decided to implement the Know Your Customer process ourselves. It’s the only way we can know exactly who’s handling these documents and make sure the information is used only for the specific purpose of the Datum token sale.
Merit: 15
If the project doesn't look like a scam and has a great potential I would contribute even if my passport photo/selfie is required.
Merit: 20
The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

P.S. those who vote "No" should know that application of KYC/AML will help the project to avoid legal issues in the future and as a result increase token price (or at least not decrease it).
Pages:
Jump to: