Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 29443. (Read 26382433 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 540
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Just play with dogecoin until bitcoin starts moving again. That's what I and many others are currently doing. Dogecoin will probably crash when Bitcoin starts moving again. Tongue

Had a quick look at the chart.

That looks like a parabolic rise and a double top to me.....erm..no thanks.
Activity: 703
Merit: 502
C'mon whales! Can you crash Bitcoin to $550 or let it go to the moon already?

This is so boring, no one is making real money in a sideways movement (850-950), this is getting worse that one "Tired of $140" thread as far i remember, should we start a new "Tired of $900" one?

Patience is a virtue! In 2 weeks time thinks should be a bit clearer. I still believe there is money waiting on the sidelines.

Yeah, there is a lot of money just waiting the 'right' moment to buy or get in. But mathematically there are not enought coins for all of us waiting the price to touch the 200 daily MA (aka bubble finally deflated) with a little fiat to spare, so what to do?

I pretty much preffer the price collapsing and bubbles deflating in a month that those long and painfull declines.

Charts and candles looks bullish on day/3 day/week timeframes but it is getting sooo slowly. And i'm pretty sure once we reach $1100 again bears will come out of the forest to make profits and bring us again to $850, again, soooo boring.

Don't worry another 120 days or so of this inertia and this level will be the 200 day MA
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

This is so boring, no one is making real money in a sideways movement (850-950), this is getting worse that one "Tired of $140" thread as far i remember, should we start a new "Tired of $900" one?

Just play with dogecoin until bitcoin starts moving again. That's what I and many others are currently doing. Dogecoin will probably crash when Bitcoin starts moving again. Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1246

Activity: 841
Ok, yes we don't have the thrill of $100,- increase in a day now. But this consolidation period is very very healthy for bitcoin, i'm happy with it. Just be patient the rally will resume one day. Quit your screen and do something productive for bitcoin.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Come on, you have to admit it's quite funny quoting a "wideboy"! Sorry, couldn't resist Wink

Well, I how can I express myself without coming over all Guy Ritchie.

How about, "A notably 'heavy' man from an impoverished violent background who has earned his wealth operating a black market buying and selling franchise" ?

I like it. Ask him what he thinks of Dogecoin.

(You're right about looking at things from the perspective of the most ruthless person in the room. Lots of people too naive about the sharks that circle bitcoin.)
Come on, you have to admit it's quite funny quoting a "wideboy"! Sorry, couldn't resist Wink

Well, I how can I express myself without coming over all Guy Ritchie.

How about, "A notably 'heavy' man from an impoverished violent background who has earned his wealth operating a black market buying and selling franchise" ?

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
# Last edited on 2014-01-21 13:39:26 by stolfilocal

Daily volumes of BTC trade to/from USD and other national currencies (in kBTC):

!    Wed !    Thu !    Fri !   Sat !    Sun !    Mon !                     
  EXCHANGE     !  01/15 !  01/16 !  01/17 ! 01/18 !  01/19 !  01/20 ! Currencies considered

MtGOX        |   7.54 |   5.91 |  12.23 |  6.20 |   8.49 |  12.10 | USD,EUR,GBP,AUD,JPY  
  BTC-e        |   9.79 |   7.22 |  12.82 |  7.22 |   8.16 |  10.01 | USD                  
  Bitstamp     |  12.27 |   8.22 |  17.11 |  5.49 |   8.42 |   6.97 | USD                  
  BitFinEx     |   7.17 |   3.68 |  11.47 |  3.81 |   6.63 |   5.46 | USD                  
  Bitcoin.DE   |   0.51 |   0.38 |   0.61 |  0.27 |   0.23 |   0.39 | EUR                  
  CaVirtEx     |   0.45 |   0.26 |   0.31 |  0.01 |   0.09 |   0.22 | CAD                  
  Kraken       |   0.35 |   0.29 |   0.68 |  0.28 |   0.33 |   0.19 | EUR                  
  CampBX       |   0.16 |   0.12 |   0.16 |  0.04 |   0.04 |   0.10 | USD                  
  Crypto-Trade |    .   |   0.01 |   0.01 |   .   |    .   |   0.01 | USD                  

SUBTOTAL     |  38.24 |  26.09 |  55.40 | 23.32 |  32.39 |  35.45 |                      

Huobi        |  91.40 |  67.37 |  74.21 | 43.60 |  67.27 |  71.78 | CNY                  
  OKCoin       |  22.24 |  24.82 |  32.28 | 25.31 |  24.52 |  21.00 | CNY                  
  BTC-China    |   5.58 |   3.54 |   4.55 |  1.77 |   4.05 |   3.44 | CNY                  

SUBTOTAL     | 119.22 |  95.73 | 111.04 | 70.68 |  95.84 |  96.22 |                      

TOTAL        | 157.46 | 121.82 | 166.44 | 94.00 | 128.23 | 131.67 |                      

All numbers were collected by hand from the site http://bitcoinwisdom.com, except the JPY volume for MtGOX that was obtained from http://bitcoincharts.com. Beware of possible errors.

For each exchange, the numbers include only the trade volume to/from the currencies listed in the rightmost column.  They do not include trade between BTC and other cryptocoins such as LiteCoin.

The Coinbase volume is not available, neither at Bitcoinwisdom nor at Bitcoincharts.

Dates on the header line are UTC. Specifically, "01/15" means "from 01/15 00:00:00 UTC to 01/15 23:59:59 UTC". (Beware that Bitcoinwisdom uses your local time, so the date may appear to be off by 1 day.  For example, if you are 2 hours west of Greenwich, it may show "01/14 22:00" when the UTC time is "01/15 00:00".)

[EDIT: added week day header.]
I recently explained the whole Bitcoin phenomenon and current state of affair to someone who I will describe as a Man of the Street/Wide-boy.

Seek no further. MatTheCat has found The Oracle.

(Was he a London cabbie?)

Fuck off u silly wanker.

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Mat, So am I to think that there is to be a crash +/- 1 Feb followed by a run up by Chinese big boys?  Is that your take?

Obviously I don't know 4 sure but I have had several dreams when I have been long Bitcoin off a terrible crash falling through support after support. I am currently short Bitcoin and slept well last night....so yeah, clearly there is something in my subconscious mind that strongly fears being on the wrong side of a Bitcoin crash but not being on the wrong side of a Bitcoin bull run, so for now, I am a bear although I will still go long on a temporary basis if seems fortuitous to do so.

What this 'Man of the Street' said, was simply his immediate response to the current Bitcoin phenomenon based on his experience of life, which most people would describe as that of a fairly successful semi gang-banger. It was an expression of how he would view Bitcoin if he was a wealthy Chinese businessman wanting to hide and safeguard his personal wealth, and also what his plans for Bitcoin would be if it were operating on 'his patch'. Now, what he said doesn't necessarily have to be spot on, but it does pay to view the world through the prism of the sort of ruthless cut throat pirates who tend to own and run it.

I recently explained the whole Bitcoin phenomenon and current state of affair to someone who I will describe as a Man of the Street/Wide-boy.

Fuck off u silly wanker.

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
From what I have read here, BTC-China decided to play it safe, and stopped accepting cash deposits. They now use vouchers that one can buy at e-commerce sites -- a system which is very cumbersome at least.

Huobi and OKCoin still accept cash deposits through commercial bank accounts.  I have read here that the owners are related to powerful politicians; if true, that may explain why they have chosen to run this risk.  I have seen no reports of problems with withdrawals, but presumaby they must be in CNY only.

Now this interests me a lot if true. Kind of gives credence to the whole China pump n dump conspiracy theory, with the end result intended to be a few interested insiders within the Chinese Hierarchy coming into possession of a shit-load of cut price coins.

I recently explained the whole Bitcoin phenomenon and current state of affair to someone who I will describe as a Man of the Street/Wide-boy. His immediate response was that "the Chinese will go mad for Bitcoin cos it is a way of getting their wealth out the country, but the Chinese big boys will want to control it and to do that, they will crash it and buy it up without telling anyone".......

Mat, So am I to think that there is to be a crash +/- 1 Feb followed by a run up by Chinese big boys?  Is that your take?
From what I have read here, BTC-China decided to play it safe, and stopped accepting cash deposits. They now use vouchers that one can buy at e-commerce sites -- a system which is very cumbersome at least.

Huobi and OKCoin still accept cash deposits through commercial bank accounts.  I have read here that the owners are related to powerful politicians; if true, that may explain why they have chosen to run this risk.  I have seen no reports of problems with withdrawals, but presumaby they must be in CNY only.

Now this interests me a lot if true. Kind of gives credence to the whole China pump n dump conspiracy theory, with the end result intended to be a few interested insiders within the Chinese Hierarchy coming into possession of a shit-load of cut price coins. Could it be that the outsider backed by Western money, Bobby Lee has been given the nudge so that good little party boys get the market to themselves?

I recently explained the whole Bitcoin phenomenon and current state of affair to someone who I will describe as a Man of the Street/Wide-boy. His immediate response was that "the Chinese will go mad for Bitcoin cos it is a way of getting their wealth out the country, but the Chinese big boys will want to control it and to do that, they will crash it and buy it up without telling anyone".......
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
According to my Seventh Level Trend Analysis™

the price of Bitcoin has now hit a Chandrasekhar-Schwartzschild-Walsoraj inversion discontinuity.

From now on it should start oscillating again, with ever increasing swings --- but with reversed polarity.  Price will crash upwards whenever the market gets bullish on bad news, and rally downwards when it gets bearish on good news.

Traders are advised to adjust their basic strategy accordingly: from now on, it's "buy high, sell low".

*snort*

Posts like this make it worth wading through page after page of chartbuddy posts and general {bullish, bearish} meme trolling... thanks :D
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
can you articulate the peculiarity which you perceive?

For one thing, all the tiny trades that bounce up and down between the lowest ask and the highest bid,  Sometimes many times per minute, sometimes once every couple of minutes.  Without them, the chart would probably look like Huobi's, only much sparser.

My impression of MtGOX is that all the sellers are over-bullish and all the buyers are over-bearish, so they just sit there facing each other, for hours on end,  with a $20 gap between them.  (I suppose that the technical term for that is "low liquidity", correct?)  Occasionally a newbie or arbitrage trader comes in determined to trade a dozen coins.  More rarely, the price in China changes so much that everybory who is sitting on MtGOX's book has to pick up their chair and move it over a bit.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
Given it's so boring at the moment, maybe now would be a good time to take a short course?  University of Cumbria becomes the first Public University in the world to accept Bitcoin - http://www.cumbria.ac.uk/AboutUs/News/Articles/201314/January/PR1327.aspx
can you articulate the peculiarity which you perceive?

He perceives the robotic nature of the buying and selling. Automated, manipulated, price engineering.

Gox has been hooky like this for a while, but BTC-e as recently as yesterday was looking much more organic than it is today. A game of spot the 'real'* trades on BTC-E today.

*Trades that represent a change of ownership of Bitcoin other than a game of pass the parcel between some whale or exchange associates account.

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

Patience is a virtue! In 2 weeks time thinks should be a bit clearer. I still believe there is money waiting on the sidelines.
Jump to: