Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 29444. (Read 26382433 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
On the other hand,  the 1-minute charts at MtGOX and now even BTC-e seem rather peculiar. 

can you articulate the peculiarity which you perceive?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
I cant figure out why BTCChian went from the biggest exchange in the world to one with very low volume, because of the whole china situation Huobi became the biggest exchange, for what reason ?
From what I have read here, BTC-China decided to play it safe, and stopped accepting cash deposits. They now use vouchers that one can buy at e-commerce sites -- a system which is very cumbersome at least.

Huobi and OKCoin still accept cash deposits through commercial bank accounts.  I have read here that the owners are related to powerful politicians; if true, that may explain why they have chosen to run this risk.  I have seen no reports of problems with withdrawals, but presumaby they must be in CNY only.

Some traders/bots are generating the volume by buying/selling to themselves. No fees, no loss from that. I'm sure that this can be utilized for making money, and I'm even more sure that if you can make money from it, someone is doing it already.

Why people keep saying that of the Chinese exchanges, but not of the others?  There seems to be no evidence for that claim other than their huge volume -- which is quite expected.  Sure, there is a lot of robot trade, and zero fees encourage it; but robot trade is not necessarily fake.

On the other hand,  the 1-minute charts at MtGOX and now even BTC-e seem rather peculiar. 

Exchanges that are small and/or shrinking have obvious interest in padding their volume numbers with fake trades; and being unregulated have no reason to avoid the practice.  Note that an exchange that has  transaction fees for ordinary clients may forfeit them for special friends -- such as themselves.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Bears, just throw the towel and thank me later  Cheesy
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
Now that actually made me crack a grin.  

T minus 24 hours and counting.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
According to my Seventh Level Trend Analysis™

the price of Bitcoin has now hit a Chandrasekhar-Schwartzschild-Walsoraj inversion discontinuity.

From now on it should start oscillating again, with ever increasing swings --- but with reversed polarity.  Price will crash upwards whenever the market gets bullish on bad news, and rally downwards when it gets bearish on good news.

Traders are advised to adjust their basic strategy accordingly: from now on, it's "buy high, sell low".
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
the spread between mtgox vs bitstamp is getting larger, more mtgox withdraw problem?

Nothing new on Gox withdrawals, but more players cashing out on Bitstamp.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
the spread between mtgox vs bitstamp is getting larger, more mtgox withdraw problem?
legendary
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
I really cant buy that Huobi have such large volume, so beside the 0% fee how people do deposits and withdrawals ? I cant figure out why BTCChian went from the biggest exchange in the world to one with very low volume, because of the whole china situation Huobi became the biggest exchange, for what reason ?

any one of you here have any confirmed information about this ?

Some traders/bots are generating the volume by buying/selling to themselves. No fees, no loss from that. I'm sure that this can be utilized for making money, and I'm even more sure that if you can make money from it, someone is doing it already.
elg
Activity: 151
Merit: 104
elg
Activity: 151
Merit: 104
Now 500 BTC wall @821 has been attacked on BitStamp. Will see if it will be eaten or raised.

It is going to be eaten Smiley
Activity: 748
Who is bored? C'mon bitcoin, do something...
Choo choo motherfucker, choo choo already!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
I really cant buy that Huobi have such large volume, so beside the 0% fee how people do deposits and withdrawals ? I cant figure out why BTCChian went from the biggest exchange in the world to one with very low volume, because of the whole china situation Huobi became the biggest exchange, for what reason ?

any one of you here have any confirmed information about this ?
Activity: 748
Who is bored? C'mon bitcoin, do something...
Activity: 154
Now 500 BTC wall @821 has been attacked on BitStamp. Will see if it will be eaten or raised.
Activity: 280
http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/BL-DGB-32150

All bullshit. No good news is good news. No reflection in price, cashing out, thx bye.
Activity: 966
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
So is that bot on mtgox going to buy us all the way up to $10,000, 20btc at a time?

It should take about 10 days  Grin  Cheesy
Jump to: