Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31983. (Read 26470758 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
all's whale then end's whale
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
In the next 10 hours i will go to the toilet and take a big dump.
A whale just ate your dump!
legendary
Activity: 840
Last couple minutes have been very fun!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Just discovered the sound options for Bitcoinity yesterday.

It makes these large market movements a lot more fun.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1498
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
China and Gox are moving up again.

Edit: HUGE buy on Gox. There's our first whale.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
217.5? Old news already. 500 at 217.88 is on the menu, then 100 at 217.97, and then 1320 at 218.09 Smiley
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
My question is, why don't we see new whales coming up yet? Or do we have to be more patient?

I think they will show up, but i'm curious why it takes them so long.

This is just too early. Comparable to January (the last time when we had 4 positive weeks in a row).

Smart whales have bought already, impatient whales help us to cross $1000 and $2000.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
China is stymied for the moment. Stamp is slowly eating into that big wall at $217.5.

Activity: 153
I didn't see much whale buys during this rally btw, this was different in april if i remember right. Or am i wrong?

Whales are selling slowly and constantly putting medium walls (1k-3k) on bitstamp, little fish are buying the current hype and may bleed later on..
As for Gox its an abandoned house.

I propose a better terminology for grouping the different kind of market actors. Or please tell me, what are the behavioral characteristics of the whales, as opposed to smaller fish?

As far as I know, big holders don't sell.
Agreed, most big holders won't sell they are true believers in this system. Although i do think some youngsters maybe selling now, the computertechies in their early twenties who discovered Bitcoin and mined some coins. They have enough now to buy nice things and improve their life quality. That is a difference with the investors who bought in during the March/April rally, they already have money of course.

My question is, why don't we see new whales coming up yet? Or do we have to be more patient?

Theres been alot of hype about big swings this week... a smart person would sit on the sideline to see what happens before investing... i know i would if i was in that boat.
Activity: 841
I didn't see much whale buys during this rally btw, this was different in april if i remember right. Or am i wrong?

Whales are selling slowly and constantly putting medium walls (1k-3k) on bitstamp, little fish are buying the current hype and may bleed later on..

I propose a better terminology for grouping the different kind of market actors. Or please tell me, what are the behavioral characteristics of the whales, as opposed to smaller fish?

As far as I know, big holders don't sell.
Agreed, most big holders won't sell they are true believers in this system. Although i do think some youngsters maybe selling now, the computertechies in their early twenties who discovered Bitcoin and mined some coins. They have enough now to buy nice things and improve their life quality. That is a difference with the investors who bought in during the March/April rally, they already have money of course.

I think they will show up, but i'm curious why it takes them so long.
maz
Activity: 140

to the pan!
legendary
Activity: 1554

Very interesting! This could be huge. Keep us posted with any news.

I thought poos news could only be released, with the natural passage of time.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

Very interesting! This could be huge. Keep us posted with any news.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

Lol @ little fish. Took the opportunity in this little rally to abandon Gox as well without a loss. Just the lack of communication bothers me and the false promises about the implementation of Litecoin, new trading engine and withdrawals. Good to see the high volume on Litecoin, competition and alternatives are good, eventhough I do not trade Litecoin.
Jump to: