Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31985. (Read 26470804 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
The more (involved), the merrier!!! Grin
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Meanwhile in China:
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
German Bitcoin.de 165€ (it's not just one trade) and Gox 162.5€... Any new news from Germany perhaps?
morning,
just checked most of the german newssites and everywhere is an article about the outlook on possible btc integration on ebay.
it's ridiculous, most sites even show the same text word by word. (probably a lot of puppet sites there too)
looks like a broad media coverage is pushing the rally
  No sockpuppets, but strong media coverage in Germany!
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
In the meantime, BTCChina broke it's pre-correction high of 1334 CNY.
I just missed 1337!
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In the meantime, BTCChina broke it's pre-correction high of 1334 CNY.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
And 226 hit on Gox.

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Bit of a rally on Bitstamp. $214.50 now

"Dear Bitstamp users,

Due to upcoming holidays, October 31st Reformation Day and November 1st All Saints' Day, bank deposits and withdrawals will not be processed as our bank will be closed.

All bank deposits and withdraws will resume on Monday, 4th November 2013."
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 1025
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS

Nice. If not just a coincidence, this is very very nice. It even jives with the two-week theory, that it takes two weeks from the time the average person starts to research Bitcoin to the time they buy in.
  I agree with you.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Bit of a rally on Bitstamp. $214.50 now
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Plus the higher we go, the more potential we have for early early adopters to start profit taking. Many missed out on the 2 hour window on April 10th and will want to make sure they get in on this.

Who are the early adopters? What makes you think they are looking for a selling opportunity?

Perhaps me and my friends are not early adopters but second class people, but I've heard from none of us that $1000 would prompt much selling.

Perhaps the really really early adopters such as sirius (second only to Satoshi) have already sold, like he sold in 2011 to buy an apartment.

The largest holders who both came in early and have not sold so far, are maybe not inclined to sell now any more than at any previous intermediate top.

=>
Only nonbelievers sell, and there are very few nonbelievers in the early adopters, who still have coins.

The new entrants of 2013 may sell after a quick 5- or 10-bagger, but then they would have already sold after a 100%, 50% or even 20%.

I actually believe that the bubble intermediate top may form quite similarly as last time. When all "profit takers" have sold, then it really takes off. We are not even close to that yet. There will be much grinding in the mundane levels below $500, and then a stellar overshoot.

Some say i am an early adopter, perhaps i am. In my view everyone adopting it today still is.
Anyway, i rarely reply on the forums. But i had to tell you i am actually trading some precious BTC for Euro's at a certain point. A while ago i read the paper, traded some Euro's for BTC (had to drive to the other side of the country to do so), and stored it on a paper wallet on a good location (i can't even reach it alone). I wrote down the percentage of my BTC i would trade back to Euro's when it's value equaled the value of a nice house in my country. I don't want to trade these BTC, but i have to, else my investment will no longer be based on logic but on emotional trading in a wild market.

So, yes, gradually selling some BTC at a certain fixed minimal price as an "early adopter". Yet not nearly as much to make a huge dent in the overall BTC trust.

-xalex

As I suspect some might.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Plus the higher we go, the more potential we have for early early adopters to start profit taking. Many missed out on the 2 hour window on April 10th and will want to make sure they get in on this.

Who are the early adopters? What makes you think they are looking for a selling opportunity?

Perhaps me and my friends are not early adopters but second class people, but I've heard from none of us that $1000 would prompt much selling.

Perhaps the really really early adopters such as sirius (second only to Satoshi) have already sold, like he sold in 2011 to buy an apartment.

The largest holders who both came in early and have not sold so far, are maybe not inclined to sell now any more than at any previous intermediate top.

=>
Only nonbelievers sell, and there are very few nonbelievers in the early adopters, who still have coins.

The new entrants of 2013 may sell after a quick 5- or 10-bagger, but then they would have already sold after a 100%, 50% or even 20%.

I actually believe that the bubble intermediate top may form quite similarly as last time. When all "profit takers" have sold, then it really takes off. We are not even close to that yet. There will be much grinding in the mundane levels below $500, and then a stellar overshoot.

Some say i am an early adopter, perhaps i am. In my view everyone adopting it today still is.
Anyway, i rarely reply on the forums. But i had to tell you i am actually trading some precious BTC for Euro's at a certain point. A while ago i read the paper, traded some Euro's for BTC (had to drive to the other side of the country to do so), and stored it on a paper wallet on a good location (i can't even reach it alone). I wrote down the percentage of my BTC i would trade back to Euro's when it's value equaled the value of a nice house in my country. I don't want to trade these BTC, but i have to, else my investment will no longer be based on logic but on emotional trading in a wild market.

So, yes, gradually selling some BTC at a certain fixed minimal price as an "early adopter". Yet not nearly as much to make a huge dent in the overall BTC trust.

-xalex
legendary
German Bitcoin.de 165€ (it's not just one trade) and Gox 162.5€... Any new news from Germany perhaps?
Holy crap, 165€  Shocked

Still way behind my infamous record of 240€  Grin  (Yes, I had several people buying at that price)
Sorry to disapoint but you come a poor second.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guy-selling-1-satoshi-on-ebay-for-20-gbp-169881
Yes Satoshi's sold for £50 (80 USD) each

Well I came first if the qualification is BTC50 minimum per day.

What's your prediction for this week, rpietila. Are we going up? or a surprise down?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Holy crap, 165€  Shocked

Still way behind my infamous record of 240€  Grin  (Yes, I had several people buying at that price)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guy-selling-1-satoshi-on-ebay-for-20-gbp-169881

Well I came first if the qualification is BTC50 minimum per day.
legendary

=>

Interesting points. All taken.

I do think that the movement up to 266 is going to invite some dumps - perhaps from those "non-believers" you referred to.

Also, I think some large hands - some with 50k+ coins might take some profits here. To buy an apartment or something.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
Holy crap, 165€  Shocked

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

=>

Jump to: