Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31986. (Read 26470804 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nice. If not just a coincidence, this is very very nice. It even jives with the two-week theory, that it takes two weeks from the time the average person starts to research Bitcoin to the time they buy in. It means we are experiencing the calm before the storm, with today's rally even being part of the calm, compared to what's coming.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
legendary
I don't think we recreate that slope of early this year.

I don't really think so either, but more because of how recent the last bubble was.

It takes more money to push us from $200-$500 than from $30-$250.

That's the nature of exponential growth. The net bringing in new users is a lot bigger now than it was 9 months ago. As market cap grows to higher orders of magnitude, so does the leverage to bring in higher orders of magnitude of money.

Plus the higher we go, the more potential we have for early early adopters to start profit taking. Many missed out on the 2 hour window on April 10th and will want to make sure they get in on this.

It is always like this. The old ATH at $32 brought some profit-taking, but $32 was left in the dust pretty quickly, and that itch was a lot fiercer than $266. The consolidation below $32 was only about as long as the consolidation below the round figure of $50:

So I agree overall, but for different reasons. I think we may go to $1000+, but more likely this bubble will be smaller and take us to $600+ instead.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
German Bitcoin.de 165€ (it's not just one trade) and Gox 162.5€... Any new news from Germany perhaps?
Holy crap, 165€  Shocked

Still way behind my infamous record of 240€  Grin  (Yes, I had several people buying at that price)
Hehe, nice deal!

I see arbitrage opportunity between bitstamp and bitcoin.de, hmmm
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
German Bitcoin.de 165€ (it's not just one trade) and Gox 162.5€... Any new news from Germany perhaps?
Holy crap, 165€  Shocked

Still way behind my infamous record of 240€  Grin  (Yes, I had several people buying at that price)
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Let's look back at the old exponential growth chart:

Note how with the recent consolidation the current run-up now looks almost exactly the same pace as the Jan-March boom, just more volatile. I moved the boom period over to the present run to compare the slopes:

Looks like it's targeting 500 by mid-December. With a dash of bubbly exuberance, we could reach $1000 just in time for Christmas Grin

I don't think we recreate that slope of early this year. It takes more money to push us from $200-$500 than from $30-$250. Plus the higher we go, the more potential we have for early early adopters to start profit taking. Many missed out on the 2 hour window on April 10th and will want to make sure they get in on this.

I do however see us retesting $250 and then after another pull back, retesting $266 in November.  If everything goes Bull, we might test $300 in 2013, but with the holidays coming up, I think we might do that in Jan or Feb instead.
legendary
If this market doesn't go up this week, it'll be the biggest head fake the BTC market has given us in 2013.

Every factor (except perhaps volume) is pointing up.

Yes, this is very suspicious. It's like it can't go up because "everyone" is expecting it to, but it could just be that "everyone" is mostly a bunch of people so unnaturally conditioned to watch Bitcoin developments because of the recent huge growth (6 months ago). The new people aren't here commenting, maybe partly because of new forum membership being disabled (I heard, haven't checked).

I still expect fireworks (upward) this week, or at the outside, next week. It just looks too obvious, too easy to make money...but then again that's how Bitcoin is in general.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Holy crap, 165€  Shocked
legendary
Let's look back at the old exponential growth chart:

Note how with the recent consolidation the current run-up now looks almost exactly the same pace as the Jan-March boom, just more volatile. I moved the boom period over to the present run to compare the slopes:

Looks like it's targeting 500 by mid-December. With a dash of bubbly exuberance, we could reach $1000 just in time for Christmas Grin
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Mt Gox is like a dog on a leash gagging to race up from $225...
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
MtGox order book riding high:

If this market doesn't go up this week, it'll be the biggest head fake the BTC market has given us in 2013.

Every factor (except perhaps volume) is pointing up. And we made an anticipatory jump today. I am expecting a test of 250 on MtGox and a test of 230 on Bitstamp in the next 7 days. We went 33% of the way there on Bitstamp today and no new $$$ has come into that exchange in 92 hours.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Yea, BTCChina is on over drive, don't Know why Bitcoin is reaching a feverish pitch over there...?
legendary
MtGox order book riding high:

legendary
China about to break its 6-month high:

legendary
Activity: 882
For the first time in btc-history Mt.Gox lost his 30day volume leadership.

This IS historic! Poor Karpeles Sad

With free trading, anyone could.  You could build an exchange on your notebook that trades with itself and have beaten gox with free trading.

Without free trading, you could do the same thing. It's your exchange, and all the transaction fees go to your wallet anyway.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I like the days on which stamp is where gox was the day before Wink
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
This IS historic! Poor Karpeles
I would't call him poor his private stash is big enough and MtGox he will sell anyway with a nice profit.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Just got this message from Coinbase:

Note! We've exceeded our normal buy limits for today. If you would still like to purchase you will receive the market price of bitcoin on Friday Nov 8, 2013 at 02:14AM EST after your funds have arrived. read more

I guess they are tapped out.
Jump to: