Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31999. (Read 26470976 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Litecoin is in rally mode. Just now touching the last high made a few weeks ago with very high volume. Usually litcoin up = bitcoin down and vice-versa.

It's really a hunter/prey model, not quite it's a bit more of a symbiotic relationship.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
Litecoin is in rally mode. Just now touching the last high made a few weeks ago with very high volume. Usually litcoin up = bitcoin down and vice-versa.

edit: btc-e troll box is always amusing.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1111
its really hard to say who will get the majority of volume...

Stamps, BTCchina or some other new foreign market!?
BTCChina is not the largest bitcoin exchange in China by volume.

Look at ChBTC: http://btckan.com/price

Forget it. The volume of chbtc is kind of fake. People are trading there to obtain share of the exchange
donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
30-Day Volume (BTC/USD)
Gox: 617.5k
Stamp: 568.6k
BTC-E: 280k

Stamp at ~ 92% of Gox 30 day volume.  Crossover soon?

Probably not before Stamp resolves their engine issues for serious traders.  Weren't they having major lag during high traffic a few weeks ago?

I think you are correct. During this quiet time, people are poking about on the other exchanges. But when action time comes, they will go with the one they can still get answers from, not timeouts. As far as I can tell, Gox is the only one who is battle hardened in these conditions.

And as far as stamp is concerned, I believe a lot of people use it as an entry to gox, buy cheaper there, sell on Gox...  Wait till enough profit made.... go back to stamp to cash out. But I am not sure too many are cashing out. I think a lot are in it for the long run, and are happy to keep both dollars and bitcoins on the exchanges...considering it 'savings/investment' that is already committed for the long haul.

nice analysis...describes exactly the position i'm in right now.
Fiat at stamp, btc at gox...and just hoping for a dip before rally continues... Smiley
i'm sure a lot of new accounts were registered at stamp after all the positive news lately. (is there a source for this number? haven't found any info on that yet.)
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
30-Day Volume (BTC/USD)

Probably not before Stamp resolves their engine issues for serious traders.  Weren't they having major lag during high traffic a few weeks ago?

I think you are correct. During this quiet time, people are poking about on the other exchanges. But when action time comes, they will go with the one they can still get answers from, not timeouts. As far as I can tell, Gox is the only one who is battle hardened in these conditions.

And as far as stamp is concerned, I believe a lot of people use it as an entry to gox, buy cheaper there, sell on Gox...  Wait till enough profit made.... go back to stamp to cash out. But I am not sure too many are cashing out. I think a lot are in it for the long run, and are happy to keep both dollars and bitcoins on the exchanges...considering it 'savings/investment' that is already committed for the long haul.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013

BTCChina is not the largest bitcoin exchange in China by volume.

Look at ChBTC: http://btckan.com/price
Activity: 924
How fat would the Fed's wallet become if they seized all gambling sites simultaneously and managed to acquire associated wallets?

That's actually interesting.  Gambling sites that allow US players have been shut down in the past by the Department of Justice, including poker sites Full Tilt Poker and Pokerstars.  Bodog (sports betting) got shut down.  What's to prevent Gov't from shutting down Just-Dice or whatever?  They clearly service US players..

UIEGA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlawful_Internet_Gambling_Enforcement_Act_of_2006

The reason poker is illegal in the USA is not because of the game poker its how dollars are transmitted to the poker sites, that is what is illegal. As long as dollars aren't involved poker is 100 percent legal. Now, there are states that are now banning online poker (Utah) but other than that, bitcoin poker is oky doky...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
30-Day Volume (BTC/USD)

Stamp at ~ 92% of Gox 30 day volume.  Crossover soon?

Probably not before Stamp resolves their engine issues for serious traders.  Weren't they having major lag during high traffic a few weeks ago?

legendary
Activity: 1168
30-Day Volume (BTC/USD)

Activity: 854
210 wall seems to have vaporated ..
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Booooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. Stamp is up a bit though.

legendary
Activity: 1036
The low volume could be people waiting for the wave of newbie money. It doesn't make sense to sell if a bunch of money is about to come in, but it also doesn't necessarily make sense to buy: you might do better to buy once you see the wave has started (since it could go down before that, since it just went up a whole lot very quickly). I would just buy now, but many don't see it that way.

On a more meta-level, consolidation was warranted and expected by many here.
Check days destroyed for whale movements...
What is this supposed to mean?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Can someone tell me why now the volume on all exchanges is 10 times less than it was a week ago?

Because no more volume is needed to move the price between 175 - 230 (orders in this range were already eaten twice).
Whales are waiting. Or maybe aliens.
Would you please elaborate on this?
Activity: 728
Can someone tell me why now the volume on all exchanges is 10 times less than it was a week ago?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 841
It just takes 2122 coins to take Bitstamp to a 6 month high.
Jump to: