Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32074. (Read 26471930 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
So bitcoin price is at the same point it was yesterday and bid sum has dropped only 500k...

That was a crash? Really? It was an epic bear trap to me, who sold at $175? LOL

that's not really a crash. more like a correction.

i think the real crash will happened after the bitcoin trust is listed and the winklevoss btc which are locked up right now flood the market and soak up all the fiat, this is sort of the run up in anticipation to that.

this is pure speculation

I don't get it, why would BTC be sold because of this? Won't this cause an even bigger rally instead because of greater demand?
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
So bitcoin price is at the same point it was yesterday and bid sum has dropped only 500k...

i think the real crash will happened after the bitcoin trust is listed and the winklevoss btc which are locked up right now flood the market and soak up all the fiat, this is sort of the run up in anticipation to that.

this is pure speculation
It needs to be listed anywhere? I am total ignorant, indulge me!

if you recall the twins put together a trust of about 200k btc (I think), and filed an s1 with the sec, that s1 was refiled on oct 8 (when this rally started basically) with letters from their law firm (i guess in response to sec questions from the original july filing)

the sec has 30 days to approve or ask more questions.  but assuming they find the law firm's letters acceptable then the winklevoss btc trust will go live some time between now and 6th of November I suppose (this is not my field really)

at that point rather then paying coinbase 1% and shipping money of to some far away island or euroland, or meeting some shady drug dealer who wants to dump his btc via lbc, you could simply log into your brokerage or 401k account and supposedly buy this...

anyway what it means is that there will be a glut of btc that was previously not marketable on the market...

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
also i wonder if some of this was due to short term loans coming due on bitfinex...
legendary
Activity: 1498

this is pure speculation
It needs to be listed anywhere? I am total ignorant, indulge me!
legendary

this is pure speculation
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
It was a well predicted correction (the last couple of days I've been looking for it). I believe $170-$180 is the limit down. I support the $300 jump too; but I am an optimistic person anyway... Grin

I *think* I was right about 7hrs ago (as per the limit down), now let's see the limit up... Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1237
I agree entirely.

Nobody in their right mind would sell another 5000-10000 BTC right now - they need to wait for the bids to fill in first.

I believe I said it earlier but he who dumps first wins. That 10k dump earlier was a real winner !

Yeah, but most bought in below 120 in june/july. I expected a bigger dump. But I agree, better wait till it calms down and moves up a bit and then do another round.

I think the next weeks will look much like Feb/Mar 2013: some days of good rise, then a healthy correction with relatively fast recovery,... rinse, repeat.

So, basically...

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I agree entirely.

Nobody in their right mind would sell another 5000-10000 BTC right now - they need to wait for the bids to fill in first.

I believe I said it earlier but he who dumps first wins. That 10k dump earlier was a real winner !

Yeah, but most bought in below 120 in june/july. I expected a bigger dump. But I agree, better wait till it calms down and moves up a bit and then do another round.

I think the next weeks will look much like Feb/Mar 2013: some days of good rise, then a healthy correction with relatively fast recovery,... rinse, repeat.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 4811
You're never too old to think young.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1246
Those who haven't learned from the SR ''crash'' are just getting schooled again. Always great fun to watch them fail and squirm. Tongue
donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
But ripple is so great! Smiley

STFU you are the only person I ignored.

thank you dear sir
legendary
Activity: 1554
tl;dr I like your current style a lot better than your pink RR period Tongue

Yep, reasoned and considered....still having visions of laptops that don't belong in saunas, tho.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
But ripple is so great! Smiley

STFU you are the only person I ignored as you are really annoying.
donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 4811
You're never too old to think young.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Excellent, this correction is damn healthy. The longer it hovers around 200, the better.

+1
The price curve was starting to bend up further.  The exuberance gets checked and becomes a bit more rational exuberance rather than that other kind.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Jump to: