Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32148. (Read 26472827 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
HOLY MOLY!!!

i just woke up to this

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
°^°
190 missed again... next try
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Clarkmoddy and trading.i286 not loading charts for me, is Gox lagging like hell?

Lag: 0.00s
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Clarkmoddy and trading.i286 not loading charts for me, is Gox lagging like hell?

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
18% in 24 hours is not healthy growth. We've been there before. A correction down is expected. But long term we will be at $200 by the end of 2013!

yea but remember the climb from $30+... we had an almost 10x climb to a new high of 266...  then fell to about 49 for a second maybe...

that is not so say we will not have localized dips
legendary
Activity: 1168
i'm really surprised at the difference with btce and bitstamp, haven't seen that kind of divergence in a while

What's up with Btc-e?  

China is on the move..
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
..yeah
all I know is when we have 20% raise in a couple of days is not a good sign, I am watching carefully, I was making big losses when the market went crazy, because it is hard to predict and it is even harder to get in/out at the right moment.

this time I wont get tricked, I wont lose money but I will use this chance to make up some of my losses.

We are just correcting to match difficty. We got a ways to go.

this.

18% in 24 hours is not healthy growth. We've been there before. A correction down is expected. But long term we will be at $200 by the end of 2013!

legendary
i'm really surprised at the difference with btce and bitstamp, haven't seen that kind of divergence in a while
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
I've been trying to connect to the GoxAPI via socket.io for more than a hour now. What's the secret to be able to connect?
legendary
Activity: 1246
I had to shed some of my speculative position, I got the hibijibies

i'm left with long term holdings, and some coins tied up in BTC investments.

Didn't you sell at $20 earlier this year when you got the hibijibies as well?

This can mean only one thing: $180 in 8 days! Cheesy

I was 1-2 days off but damn I didn't actually expect it to happen like this. Shocked
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
If you look at the volume, in currency, across all the exchanges and at the trendlines there.  This is not so different from normal trading activity.

This is different on BTCChina. Heavy selling volume: smart traders selling, suckers buying.
donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-

why don't you admit it ?
legendary
a bubble is never good for the long term health of the bitcoin market, it creates panic sell/buy which will keep most investors and normal people from trusting the coin.  

You should not care for the long term health of any market. You should not care for investors and normal people. You should only care for yourself and for here and now and how much profit you can make out of a bubble if it appears.

There isn't a bubble yet.
Thanks for that reminder of how to be a human being.

Some of us were not raised by sociopaths...

It is neither about how to be a human nor how someone was or was not raised. It's about trading. Either you win or you lose. Is losing humane and winning sociopathic? I don't think so.

In a sociopathic mind that is correct.

However, some people have minds that work differently and look at longer term and communiy wide effects.  For example, it might be that someone is coding a more efficient miner to produce bitcoins and secure the network, this is a market activity that results in long term returns which a sociopath who sees the world as a seriesof zero sum games might not be able to understand.

The reason why this market exists is because a lot of people want to break free of dependancy on fiat.  Sociopaths do not care about that unless it profits them.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
a bubble is never good for the long term health of the bitcoin market, it creates panic sell/buy which will keep most investors and normal people from trusting the coin.  

You should not care for the long term health of any market. You should not care for investors and normal people. You should only care for yourself and for here and now and how much profit you can make out of a bubble if it appears.

It is neither about how to be a human nor how someone was or was not raised. It's about trading. Either you win or you lose. Is losing humane and winning sociopathic? I don't think so.
donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

Being selfishly up to the lower sociopaths limit is a trait of character upon most bitcoiners. And most "rich" guys.

I do not own it, thus I'm poor.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

Agreed.
If you look at the volume, in currency, across all the exchanges and at the trendlines there.  This is not so different from normal trading activity.  Just a few good days in a row for the bulls, and some bits of new money coming in.

The bubbles have been overall good for the Bitcoin market.  Though some have lost.
They have raised awareness, (though more from investors than from users) and brought new people in, many who stay and learn.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Jump to: