Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32227. (Read 26473691 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Thug for life!
If we hit 110$ once, we can hit that low again. I hope Gox won't lag anymore, so I can trade without worrying about my order being 5 min late.

Its 20kBTC away from $110 after touching it twice hours ago. Seems unlikely.
meh, that logic only works if gox leads. if bitstamp leads, with its depth.....

stamp dropping fast from 110, now 102........ it will lead the next drop;......

edit: btc-e at 98 and the fun begins!!!!  Grin
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
fasten your seatbelts!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
I don't mean immediately. But there's the potential to drop again tomorrow.
Right now the price has peaked and I'm curious to see how low will the limited drop be.
Should give me a hint about the final bottom.
Activity: 736
Merit: 508
imo I would still be cautious.  SR accounted for ~300-400 million in revenue a year for bitcoins.  Much of which was from fresh money being brought in by customers.  I don't know of anything else in the same stratosphere in terms of bringing in money into the network.  SR was/is a big deal.  Will there be other sites to take its place?  Sure.. but to what extent they will fill that void remains to be seen.  Also will customers/vendors of these sites be weary about jumping back into this market?

Bitcoin doesn't earn revenue, and SR was mostly neutral for supply and demand.

Buyers bought btc, sellers sold btc to buy product.

this
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
If we hit 110$ once, we can hit that low again. I hope Gox won't lag anymore, so I can trade without worrying about my order being 5 min late.

meh, that logic only works if gox leads. if bitstamp leads, with its depth.....
legendary
Activity: 896

legendary
Merit: 1094
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
so looks like the show is over ... what now? 

kudos to that bilateral humour  Grin,
last episode is sitting on my disk ready to watch, perfect for closure of an exciting evening.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
imo I would still be cautious.  SR accounted for ~300-400 million in revenue a year for bitcoins.  Much of which was from fresh money being brought in by customers.  I don't know of anything else in the same stratosphere in terms of bringing in money into the network.  SR was/is a big deal.  Will there be other sites to take its place?  Sure.. but to what extent they will fill that void remains to be seen.  Also will customers/vendors of these sites be weary about jumping back into this market?

Its just one data point but the amount of BTC seized (26,000 by one media outlet) tells us how much SR was affecting the supply of coin.  In other words, not much.  And this coin may be tied up as evidence for quite some time so its confiscation is not about to affect supply.

However, I would imagine that the SR economy formed a group of people willing to buy and sell at the current price whatever that might be (I'm assuming the drug price is in USD and constantly repriced in BTC, and of course that addicts need for a fix is fairly price insensitive -- but I don't actually know having never been to SR).  So some liquidity may leave the system.

Maybe a small amount... but certainly not $300-400 million worth.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Ot: Australia & China are just waking up, & will be greeted with this news. I expect another $20 drop.

I'm in Australia and I'm just going to bed :]   5:20 am
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

Its just one data point but the amount of BTC seized (26,000 by one media outlet) tells us how much SR was affecting the supply of coin.  In other words, not much.  And this coin may be tied up as evidence for quite some time so its confiscation is not about to affect supply.

However, I would imagine that the SR economy formed a group of people willing to buy and sell at the current price whatever that might be (I'm assuming the drug price is in USD and constantly repriced in BTC, and of course that addicts need for a fix is fairly price insensitive -- but I don't actually know having never been to SR).  So some liquidity may leave the system.
Activity: 516
Merit: 283

It ain't over till the fat lady sells her Bitcoins.

Or eats them. Cause that's what fatties do!

Ot: Australia & China are just waking up, & will be greeted with this news. I expect another $20 drop.
legendary
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

It ain't over till the fat lady sells her Bitcoins.
Activity: 406
I don't believe they seized his bitcoins - unless they key logged or tortured him, more likely they're just making a statement that bitcoin isn't a safe haven.
legendary
Activity: 1666
he who has the gold makes the rules

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1237
Up, up, up! Obviously... Wink

Triangle is closing. Where to from here?

Activity: 448
Triangle is closing. Where to from here?

First legit wedge I've seen on here for a while.  Most people just draw triangles to troll. Good job finding a real one.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

The same as when they close a file sharing site. They really like mopping the floor with the water running and then wonder why they're never finished.

There will be new sites like SR, but never as popular as SR for the next time. And also the risk now is even higher to start a portal like Silkroad, after Gov closed SR.
Filesharing is different, because it depends on laws of a country.So when the server is in Africa, Gov of the U.S can do nothing against it, as long as they don´t have american friendly providers there. That is the difference.
Jump to: