Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32248. (Read 26473928 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
A drop is highly probable, but I doubt it will be a large one (larger than 8$) today. The timing would be wrong IMO.
If however a large drop happens today or tomorrow, I'll have to reconsider my analysis of the last month.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Hmm, if $140 falls, does the selling stop, or some minor panic begin? This price drop seems to have a lot more momentum than the previous falls thru $140.

It hasn't fallen through $140, not yet anyway.

I suspect it will fall low enough to make the asks fill in the $140-$143 range before a whale buys it right up to whatever price he deems enough.

I disagree, with withdrawals coming back, a seller will do his best to sell his BTC for a lot of Gox USD, and withdraw it, or cash it back. Gox is only high while people can't withdraw.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Hmm, if $140 falls, does the selling stop, or some minor panic begin? This price drop seems to have a lot more momentum than the previous falls thru $140.

It hasn't fallen through $140, not yet anyway.

I suspect it will fall low enough to make the asks fill in the $140-$143 range before a whale buys it right up to whatever price he deems enough.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Correction incoming.

legendary
Activity: 896
legendary
Activity: 1036
Definitely a good thing for Gox to bleed market share, as long as they get their act together fairly soon. 30% Gox, 30% Bitstamp, 40% others would be a more robust infrastructure.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
It's very good that gox is losing its leading position.

It seems that the price is dropping at gox, how low will it drop?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
when there is enough resistance on bitstamp, price goes down on mtgox.

when mtgox price goes up considerably, someone dumps on bitstamp.

bottom line: mtgox is useless.

ya its really to bad mtgox is having some difficulty.
they seem confident they can sort it out.
meanwhile their slowly bleeding market shares...

in a way this maybe a good thing
Activity: 811
Web Developer
LMAO at the intense volatility , while i was sleeping.

more or less what i was dreaming about...

Gooood show! Grin

Go back to bed, we need more volume.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
when there is enough resistance on bitstamp, price goes down on mtgox.

when mtgox price goes up considerably, someone dumps on bitstamp.

bottom line: mtgox is useless.
legendary
Activity: 1064
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
LMAO at the intense volatility , while i was sleeping.

more or less what i was dreaming about...

Gooood show! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Last60minutes.com(TM):

1-2 sellers sold about 1kBTC in Bitstamp, crashing the price from 125.5 to 122.8. On the buying side I noticed one bot was purchasing in 5 and 10BTC chunks, at market price. After the selling ended, the price rebounded to about 125, leaving the orderbook very thin around the market price (about 4% spread between 500BTC bid/ask depth).

stupid bot is following mtgox price.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
how about going with the simplest and most plausible explanation.

some people have money stuck on gox, have to pay some bills and were not able to get a large wire out, thus they bought btc on gox, sent it to bitstamp and are dumping so they have some cash to pay their bills.  Or to pay a bill/invoice from a merchant that uses bitstamp or one of the party payment providers that use bitstamp

LOL, the people fleeing from MtGox because they're about to 'go bankrupt' sold their BTC and left months ago.

i never referred to those people, i said people who had money on gox who needed to pay their end of month invoices....  while not mutually exclusive they are also not the same...

This situation has been ongoing for multiple months now.

yes and there is a run up ever last week of the month and then the price falls... wonder why...   Roll Eyes
legendary

some people have money stuck on gox, have to pay some bills and were not able to get a large wire out, thus they bought btc on gox, sent it to bitstamp and are dumping so they have some cash to pay their bills.  Or to pay a bill/invoice from a merchant that uses bitstamp or one of the party payment providers that use bitstamp

LOL, the people fleeing from MtGox because they're about to 'go bankrupt' sold their BTC and left months ago.

i never referred to those people, i said people who had money on gox who needed to pay their end of month invoices....  while not mutually exclusive they are also not the same...

This situation has been ongoing for multiple months now.
legendary
Why would they have waited so much weeks?
It might be an explanation but only for a very small part ...

Many people have waited many weeks while mtgox filled their ears with the siren song of "only two more weeks"TM

Some of these people finally cracked and bailed out to get what they can get in fiat.

You seeem to be assuming that people who have USD in MtGox right now only want fiat.

Why is that ? I would think most people who have invested in crypto currency will keep their investment either in crypto currencies or on an exchange in order to buy cheaper currencies when prices fall.

I know this is the case for me. I withdrew 20-30k USD a few months ago but the rest is staying on exchanges in fiat or in coins of one form or another.

I'm not scrambling to withdraw it from anywhere. Not now, not ever.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Last60minutes.com(TM):

1-2 sellers sold about 1kBTC in Bitstamp, crashing the price from 125.5 to 122.8. On the buying side I noticed one bot was purchasing in 5 and 10BTC chunks, at market price. After the selling ended, the price rebounded to about 125, leaving the orderbook very thin around the market price (about 4% spread between 500BTC bid/ask depth).
Jump to: