Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32293. (Read 26393308 times)

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068
It seems like the big money is slowly moving over to Bitstamp now that they know their fiat is safe there.

Does Bitstamp have a FINCEN stamp of approval?

LOL
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
It seems like the big money is slowly moving over to Bitstamp now that they know their fiat is safe there.

Does Bitstamp have a FINCEN stamp of approval?
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
The problem with buying right now is that wall at $80 was tested and was neither bought through nor was it pulled. Market is too scared of dumps for real upward movement. Plus, if you ship the price back to $90 how are you ever going to trigger fear and capitulation and collection tens and tens of thousands of coins sub $50-40-30?
What's a bubble deflating without some bounce here and there? I'm still waiting for my sub-$50 coins.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
Bitstamp wall ? Wink

I don't know if this action wasn't transfer of "portfolio" from MtGox to bitstamp Wink
Activity: 686
Ultranode
Isn't this still just the ASIC manufacturers selling off their coin. They can't allow it to drop too low or they'll kill their profit margin.
No, it isn't, but thanks for asking.
how do you know?

ASIC miners are all pure hearts
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Isn't this still just the ASIC manufacturers selling off their coin. They can't allow it to drop too low or they'll kill their profit margin.
how do you know?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
someone clearly needed some fiat fast.
could be speculation by whales or some miners in need of cash without hurting market too much.
price was propped up good before to avoid slippage after the selloff.
without that we would have went down quite hard.
i'd tip miners...but that's just me talking Tongue
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
We are going down today :p
Activity: 938
https://youengine.io/
Flashing walls is sonar messaging to other whales:
* prof7bit going to implement a chat protocol to communicate via mtgox limit orders and publish it as a goxtool strategy module.

Activity: 854
absolutely no idea which way the price is going to go
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Actually surprised the wall at 75 lasted that long.  If anyone had any doubts on which direction the market is going, that should have ended it.

Looks like it - heading down.

So we now have the previous bid wall owner who has lots of Bitcoin he probably doesn't want to keep too long.

Exactly.  He knew that was going to get obliterated if he left it.  Now's a good time to insert that Will Farell clip.  "I immediately regret this decision."   Grin

Edit:  I actually misread your post.  You're right though...60's are coming soon.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
That bid wall got eaten in minutes....thats why if i was a whale I would be deathly afraid of trying to manipulate prices upwards with a bid wall near market price. The risk of them getting eaten is ridiculously high right now

I remember when the same thing happened with a 3k wall at $108 when it was on its way down from the $115 spike after Gox announced the hiatus on USD withdraws. A few hours after that wall got sold into the price never came back up.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
And we are back bellow 75  Wink

legendary
Actually surprised the wall at 75 lasted that long.  If anyone had any doubts on which direction the market is going, that should have ended it.

Looks like it - heading down.

So we now have the previous bid wall owner who has lots of Bitcoin he probably doesn't want to keep too long.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Big news for Germany!

Die vielen Monate der Vorbereitung scheinen sich gelohnt zu haben... Denn: wir durften endlich den Vertrag mit unserem Bank-Partner unterschreiben! :-) Voraussichtlich am Mittwoch Nachmittag dürfen wir erzählen wer unser Bankpartner werden wird. Erfreuliche Neuigkeiten: es wird nun wohl doch KEINE Handelspause für unsere ausländischen Kunden geben. Weitere Infos zur Kooperation kommen am Mittwoch im Laufe des Tages!

https://www.bitcoin.de/de

They teamed up with a German bank and will announce the name of that bank tomorrow. Contract is signed now.

I guess they turn into a full blown exchange soon instead of their current state as "Bitcoin eBay".

Great news! Would still be nice if they keep the old option open as it is a nice failsafe should the bank pull out.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Actually surprised the wall at 75 lasted that long. Too tempting with low slippage. If anyone had any doubts on which direction the market is going, that should have ended it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
That bid wall got eaten in minutes....thats why if i was a whale I would be deathly afraid of trying to manipulate prices upwards with a bid wall near market price. The risk of them getting eaten is ridiculously high right now
legendary
Big news for Germany!

Die vielen Monate der Vorbereitung scheinen sich gelohnt zu haben... Denn: wir durften endlich den Vertrag mit unserem Bank-Partner unterschreiben! :-) Voraussichtlich am Mittwoch Nachmittag dürfen wir erzählen wer unser Bankpartner werden wird. Erfreuliche Neuigkeiten: es wird nun wohl doch KEINE Handelspause für unsere ausländischen Kunden geben. Weitere Infos zur Kooperation kommen am Mittwoch im Laufe des Tages!

https://www.bitcoin.de/de

They teamed up with a German bank and will announce the name of that bank tomorrow. Contract is signed now.

I guess they turn into a full blown exchange soon instead of their current state as "Bitcoin eBay".

Bitcoin Central is coming back soon as well.
Jump to: