Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32289. (Read 26382433 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
Jaroslaw posting , the price going down right?

yes because i will dump 7k btc today
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Jaroslaw posting , the price going down right?
supernode
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
So far I've made 10k$ by shorting this baby Smiley

I covered all my shorts yesterday, but have now re-opened them plus some, so I am putting my money where my mouth is in case anyone wants to call me on that. And by short I mean negative Bitcoins, not just sitting in fiat.

What is negative Bitcoins? I always thought that short means sit on fiat waiting to increase bitcoin position later as they fall in price

I mean leveraged short CFD's ... I make fiat when the price goes down. To me holding BTC is long, holding fiat is 'flat'. 'Short' means selling borrowed BTC or a CFD (or ETF  Cheesy)

Where do you trade these instruments?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Waking up to see this ...another completely failed rally attempt... I think there might be some panic today
60's on their way soon ... have to say, I didn't think it would happen so quickly
What do you think Rampion and IAS ?

Well, I had a bid at $71ish that wasn't filled for a few cents (unfortunately, the bounce from $72 was very profitable for those who caught it), and I pulled it. Didn't catch it the first time, I won't be trying to catch a falling knife for the second time in the $70s for sure.

I may play a bounce in the $60s, but with a smallish position. Its risky.

I will for sure play the bounce from the $50ish with significant money, that its going to be nice action indeed.

I still see too much denial for the very bottom to be close, but it's also true that these forums are über-bullish by nature (its bitcointalk.org), so I don't really know how good indicator they are.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

I covered all my shorts yesterday, but have now re-opened them plus some, so I am putting my money where my mouth is in case anyone wants to call me on that. And by short I mean negative Bitcoins, not just sitting in fiat.

What is negative Bitcoins? I always thought that short means sit on fiat waiting to increase bitcoin position later as they fall in price

I mean leveraged short CFD's ... I make fiat when the price goes down. To me holding BTC is long, holding fiat is 'flat'. 'Short' means either selling borrowed BTC or a CFD (or ETF  Cheesy)
in defi we trust
It's because of people who misuse even a great idea just for their personal wealth instead of helping it out that I slowly lose faith in human society.
I disagree with your thinking. It is not the solution to force people into altruism, nor to expect them to so behave.

The real solution is to create a system that incorporates selfish human nature and functions well with it. I think Bitcoin is very close to that kind of solution and that is why I expect it to function in spite of hoarding (and perhaps even because of it).

If Bitcoin will need some altruistic help to survive, than it is better that its idea perishes and is replaced with newer, better one. I have spoken.

Yeah I know how reality works , but I feel sory for the poor golden goose.

Activity: 73
It's because of people who misuse even a great idea just for their personal wealth instead of helping it out that I slowly lose faith in human society.
I disagree with your thinking. It is not the solution to force people into altruism, nor to expect them to so behave.

The real solution is to create a system that incorporates selfish human nature and functions well with it. I think Bitcoin is very close to that kind of solution and that is why I expect it to function in spite of hoarding (and perhaps even because of it).

If Bitcoin will need some altruistic help to survive, than it is better that its idea perishes and is replaced with newer, better one. I have spoken.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I stand correct, the SR point is so '2011ish, everybody understands that BTC is not "heavily influenced" by illegal activity, that's a drop in the ocean, what drives BTC is the hope it will be valued higher in the future.

Let's use a different word , more suitable Smiley. Greed Smiley

Yeah, I also discussed with you about how "important" was SR in BTC's economy compared to pure speculation, right?

And if I don't remember it wrong we reached the common conclusion that both BTC and fiat economy are driven by speculation, there's no other business comparable to it, correct? Wink

Yeah , too bad SR it's getting affected by the price madness .
I mean , it's normal on bitcointalk to talk all about prices , but recently silkroad has been infected too.
I'm only for two months or so here but on sr forums for far far longer.

And recently people started to change there , I mean common, 20-30 posts about price and even investment when there were 1-2 /month?
Greed can even affect junkies Smiley

You can open 13000 stores or  get 4000 restaurants to accept bitcoins , if there are no buyers cause people are only trading hoping to enlarge their stash , there is no economy.

Well, that's the eternal discussion between keynesian and austrian economists. Keynesians despise a currency like gold (or BTC), because for them money is just a "commonly shared illusion" that serves a very concrete purpose, which is moving the economy through spending.

The worst enemy for Keynesian is deflation (as the one that happened in the USA in the great depression), where prices go down while "the money go up", which leads to hoarding and a halt in the consumer economy (nobody buying today because tomorrow they will be able to buy more, wash rinse and repeat). For a Keynesian, that's the worst possible scenario, one that leads to "the most painful recession".

For the austrian economists, the worst enemy is inflation, as they consider it a way for the Govs/Central Banks to "seize" people savings, which is a quite accurate description of what inflation is. Austrian economists do not see anything wrong with "hoarding", and they call it "saving".

Obviously the Keynesians economists won the battle (for now), and are very proud that their "techniques" (Government spending, inflation, etc.) were used to "heal" most of the recurrent crisis so typical in the capitalist system (expansion -> contraction, wealth spreading -> wealth concentration; wash rinse and repeat).
in defi we trust
I stand correct, the SR point is so '2011ish, everybody understands that BTC is not "heavily influenced" by illegal activity, that's a drop in the ocean, what drives BTC is the hope it will be valued higher in the future.

I do see the word "greed" come up a lot when talking BTC. And of course the word "hoarding."

But what is wrong with the words "saving" and "store of value"? In a sense we are talking the same thing (though clearly not always.)
What is wrong with moving money (e.g. USD) created by a central bank and used to fund wars (since the war tax thing didn't go over well) into something else?

To have a money that doesn't penalize saving and is not centrally controlled is a nice step forward (before Star Trek like "monetary use"...)

Let me tell you why I'm kind of against hoarding...
Not because some economical model or economic school or god knows what

It's because some people think , there are only 21m bitcoins.  According to glabal market bla bla bla..... , price should be 60k usd let's say.
But if we stash 10mils away , wouldn't the price be 120K?

Of course there are a few , a x% , but enough to annoy me. Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Waking up to see this ...another completely failed rally attempt... I think there might be some panic today
60's on their way soon ... have to say, I didn't think it would happen so quickly

I said this yesterday, think I was day off.  Wink

A move up to 86 or so and then a bit of selling to bring things back down is possible. That will then create a nice spinning top candle. Some indecision for a day or two and then continue with the down trend.

I hope quoting myself isn't too egocentric in appearance. At least IAS doesn't talk about himself in the 3rd person... oops...  Grin

Seriously, what we are seeing is quite clear and a few of us have mention it - All rallies are being sold into. Once the walls are built on the buy side they are being sold into.
The danger lies in when those walls are not quite rebuilt and then sold into. When that happens be very very very careful not to go long!

But we all know this can change on a dime, so even though many of us here are short to mid term bearish, it is wise to be careful and not ignorant...

And what do you think? You have had some good points as I recall...

4 week update - denial, sat on its ass, bleeding...

squiggly line = price, open circles = vol.

Bubbles and crayons ... love 'em sarc  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

I do see the word "greed" come up a lot when talking BTC. And of course the word "hoarding."

But what is wrong with the words "saving" and "store of value"? In a sense we are talking the same thing (though clearly not always.)
What is wrong with moving money (e.g. USD) created by a central bank and used to fund wars (since the war tax thing didn't go over well) into something else?

To have a money that doesn't penalize saving and is not centrally controlled is a nice step forward (before Star Trek like "monetary use"...)

Activity: 98

4 week update - denial, sat on its ass, bleeding...

squiggly line = price, open circles = vol.

Activity: 93
Will we be in 60s this weekend?

I think so, it may be the same resistance at 100,90,80 and now 70s.
I made a small loss when I had a purchase entered at 80 and then noticed that there was not enough resistance and now it does not look better.

55 is a possible stop but if we were to break that barrier, we will fall to 32 after that it is difficult to speculate in.

but nothing is set in stone Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
supernode
Jump to: