Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32493. (Read 26471685 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 502
With a faint wind and tumbleweed blowing across the floor of Gox this Saturday, looks like we're waiting for the first draw between Bull and Bear before we can predict the trend this weekend!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
The GOX thing, one can argue, is increasing buying pressure for those "trapped" there. I don't know, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells though and don't like it. Too much work in front of the computer.

My rationale was that yes, the bullish volume might be relatively increased as a result of that factor, but overall volume would still be suppressed because people do not want to put money into Gox, the former de-facto place to send your money if you wanted to purchase bitcoins. With the removal of their market role, I would guess overall volume decreased as people find they don't want to put their money into Gox anymore, and start looking for other places to find it.  Bitstamp's volume is steadily increasing I've noticed.

I whole heartedly agree with that. People with money there now might be feeling the only way out is to buy and transfer coins out. If you don't need the money, you just keep it their in Fiat and hope Gox is legit.
But, as you said, the overall effect is that Gox is probably getting less new money (at least from people like me and you). Those huge huge buys up from $65 was new money imo and the large recent buys continue to be new money. Perhaps big money knows Gox is ok?...

not necessarily

There is some exciting news that will materialize soon though.

the exciting news is that bitcoin is rallying, in line with our forecast :-)

of course, I didnt think for one second than any substantial amount of money from $130 down was withdrawn back into bank accounts. There's still quite a bit of latent money sitting on exchange sidelines I imagine.

correct. and most of our special indicators support this

ooooh, special indicators Smiley

My vague guess is something about an exchange. By the by, did you guys notice  that tradehill looks like it's going to make a comeback? https://tradehill.com/

I imagine Gox USD inflow is currently like turning off the water spigot that you fill up a bucket with. As you turn it off, the water inflow to the bucket becomes more and more limited, but still, you have lots of water in that bucket. That water isn't going to go anywhere unless it is (with)drawn out, or evaporates (through transaction fees). The act of people selling bitcoin on Gox would be akin to picking up water and pouring it in another part of the USD bucket, and in doing so, the other party gets something (BTC) for it. Prices should be higher to reflect this.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
The GOX thing, one can argue, is increasing buying pressure for those "trapped" there. I don't know, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells though and don't like it. Too much work in front of the computer.

My rationale was that yes, the bullish volume might be relatively increased as a result of that factor, but overall volume would still be suppressed because people do not want to put money into Gox, the former de-facto place to send your money if you wanted to purchase bitcoins. With the removal of their market role, I would guess overall volume decreased as people find they don't want to put their money into Gox anymore, and start looking for other places to find it.  Bitstamp's volume is steadily increasing I've noticed.

I whole heartedly agree with that. People with money there now might be feeling the only way out is to buy and transfer coins out. If you don't need the money, you just keep it their in Fiat and hope Gox is legit.
But, as you said, the overall effect is that Gox is probably getting less new money (at least from people like me and you). Those huge huge buys up from $65 was new money imo and the large recent buys continue to be new money. Perhaps big money knows Gox is ok?...

I'm not familiar with EW, but I can comment if you give more info on it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliott_wave_principle#Elliott_Wave_personality_and_characteristics

Basically, at least how i understand the principle, trends move in a 5-wave count fashion, due to fractalized psychologies. A five wave count can either end with a ABC corrective trend before continuing the trend the count was on, or, it can start a new 5 wave reversal count.

My hypothesis is that on the way down to 65, we had the end of a downwards 5 waves. Right now, we are facing the question whether or not we are finishing an ABC corrective trend, or beginning a new count of 5 waves up (of which we would be in wave 3, confirmed by passing 115). This to me looks like a head and shoulders pattern if it plays out, and a failure if we finish out an ABC pattern and continue heading back down.

I will refrain from reading that now as my head has too much "Gann" in it.  Wink But I appreciate the link.
I follow what you say and have seen others on Tradingview mention the Elliot Waves in the same context recently. The consensus is the same as yours - Up in all probability. The volume, I think, is the deciding factor but we'll see this next week is my bet...

I see your update and think I follow you better now. Funny pattern duplicate, eh?
legendary
here's a side to side comparison if it helps
legendary

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliott_wave_principle#Elliott_Wave_personality_and_characteristics

Basically, at least how i understand the principle, trends move in a 5-wave count fashion, due to fractalized psychologies. A five wave count can either end with a ABC corrective trend before continuing the trend the count was on, or, it can start a new 5 wave reversal count.

My hypothesis is that on the way down to 65, we had the end of a downwards 5 waves. Right now, we are facing the question whether or not we are finishing an ABC corrective trend, or beginning a new count of 5 waves up (of which we would be in wave 3, confirmed by passing 115). This to me looks like a head and shoulders pattern if it plays out, and a failure if we finish out an ABC pattern and continue heading back down.

legendary
Antifragile
Though it is a long shot, perhaps the low volume is simply a result of the current exchange market conditions suppressing volume?

Just a hypothesis, although what would like a HnS pattern would fit with my current elliott wave count/guess (reversal of a down 5-wave count into a new up 5-wave count)

here's a little  rough sketch i did yesterday
https://www.tradingview.com/x/Gxn7wES1/

By market conditions, do you mean the GOX fiasco?
I look forward to buying and holding and doing something better with my time in the near future.  Grin

EM - Fair point, I think, in other words a bounce is going to respond to often resemble a H&S pattern. I guess we can argue that about all the patterns. They all represent shifts in energy to a point. Cup and Handle is also a build up. All the candlestick patterns...
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
How can any bounce look different than a inverted head & shoulders? How can any top be different than a head and shoulders?

Geometry tip: They can't. Wink
legendary
legendary
Though it is a long shot, perhaps the low volume is simply a result of the current exchange market conditions suppressing volume?

Just a hypothesis, although what would like a HnS pattern would fit with my current elliott wave count/guess (reversal of a down 5-wave count into a new up 5-wave count)

here's a little  rough sketch i did yesterday
https://www.tradingview.com/x/Gxn7wES1/

For the bulls:

It's a longshot, but we might be in the mother of all head and shoulders:

The plot thickens...  Wink
Very good spot! Strong resemblance

Not being Bullish or Bearish, just looking at the pattern and volume - The volume pattern is not following what is normally expected. We'll see:

The head and shoulders pattern can sometimes be inverted.  The inverted head and shoulders is typically seen in downtrends.  (What's noteworthy about the inverted head and shoulders is the volume aspect.  The inverted left shoulder should be accompanied by an increase in volumeThe inverted head should be made on lighter volume. The rally from the head however, should show greater volume than the rally from the left shoulder. Ultimately, the inverted right shoulder should register the lightest volume of all.  When the market then rallies through the neckline, a big increase in volume should be seen.)

http://www.chartpatterns.com/headandshoulders.htm

legendary
Antifragile
For the bulls:

Not being Bullish or Bearish, just looking at the pattern and volume - The volume pattern is not following what is normally expected. We'll see:

The head and shoulders pattern can sometimes be inverted.  The inverted head and shoulders is typically seen in downtrends.  (What's noteworthy about the inverted head and shoulders is the volume aspect.  The inverted left shoulder should be accompanied by an increase in volumeThe inverted head should be made on lighter volume. The rally from the head however, should show greater volume than the rally from the left shoulder. Ultimately, the inverted right shoulder should register the lightest volume of all.  When the market then rallies through the neckline, a big increase in volume should be seen.)

http://www.chartpatterns.com/headandshoulders.htm

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

TL;DR: The main idea of this article is that Bitcoin will destroy the current financial and government system.

It's more about the social implications that result from that and enabling crime imho.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

TL;DR: The main idea of this article is that Bitcoin will destroy the current financial and government system.

My opinion is that the current system will destroy itself. It's inevitable, with Bitcoin or without it.
But Bitcoin will help us to build the new type of economy. It will help us to avoid the beginning of an old system again.
legendary
legendary

I'll just leave this here:

It is worth noting (even though I have been in and out of BTC lately):

At some point in the next year or a bit later, maybe even in a few months, you are going to see one of Spain, Portugal, Italy, etc. go under (Banking system or a large part there of).
When that happens (or as we approach it and it is obvious to some), you are going to see the BTC price explode. Absolutely explode. Your reaction will be like swimming in the ocean and
seeing a 21ft Great White Shark nearby, but just far enough away for you to maybe make it. It will shock you and you will remember it forever. It will be a bubble though and it will correct, unless we have a wider systematic collapse. But, it will not correct fully down as many of the 12 million or so coins out there will be in strong hands. It will probably be an extrapolation of what we have already seen.

So, we are all playing a game. Yeah, we don't want to get caught in BTC if it corrects again hard down. But we all know the times we are living in. If we were living in
times of solid banking and not as corrupt governments, BTC would depend solely on it's low transactions fees, perhaps the darknet, etc. But we are living in times where Central banks (ECB) take 47.5% of
your money in a bail-in and other countries are seeing that as a model.

Good luck to you all, but lets not simplify things. It can go any way at any time. Be careful and don't lose sight of that and don't lose sight of what BTC represents.

Enjoy the ride and don't forget that when the shit does hit the fan,
It's about sharing

Bitcoin’s Dystopian Future
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Ahhh, soothing music to my bullish ears, don't stop..
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
For the bulls:

legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 896
For the bulls:

Very nice prediction [so far at least]

Conrgrats Wink

Lets hope you trusted your prediction enough to put your money on it?
Jump to: