Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32496. (Read 26471729 times)

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
I'll just leave this here:

We do appear to be at the 'return to normal' stage - however this is Bitcoin.

I have some Bitcoin but still have plenty of USD on hand to buy more should the price start to move in either direction.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
There's no volume, it might break down also from here. It should have broke 115 USD so that it would be more possible to break up. Just have to wait a little longer so we know.

That is not exactly true. The volume that got us here was huge. Big buyers buying 500-1000 BTC's a pop. When that buying stops, it doesn't mean interest is dead. It doesn't mean support is gone. People with the kind of money that we have witnessed since it bottomed at $65 are probably not afraid to somewhat support their investment. That said, this is a speculation and we are taking a chance.

Yes, we can go down, but the buy side has increased. But, it doesn't matter if me and you are doing the buying. It's those whales. They move this market now.
They probably hope that all that cash on the exchanges starts to come back into BTC and it is showing signs of that (Just watch the block sizes being bought and sold).

If you are a TA guy, things have turned. The weekly and monthly charts have changed. It does seem the big money follows TA and uses it to their advantage. Considering that, I'd say we go up. But, anything is possible...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
There's no volume, it might break down also from here. It should have broke 115 USD so that it would be more possible to break up. Just have to wait a little longer so we know.
legendary
Activity: 896
Wow, CampBX is $88.

Sellers there will regret it if a whale doesnt come in soon. They sure have a steady finger for holding off this long, if they have any intents to sell...

Are you high?  The 24 hour low on CampBX is 96.00.  Put your contacts back in.

Oops, guess http://trading.i286.org/ CampBX info ticker died. It still says 88, lol.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
That breakout before the green rising support line crosses the red horizontal resistance aint gonna happen.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
I think that mid-term trend has confirmed its reversal. 2013(/2014) will likely welcome new ATH.

(click to enlarge)

I'm using different methods and indicators, and I don't place much emphasis on support levels, but my overall interpretation is probably quite similar: since early July we are in phase that could potentially reverse the overall downtrend since the April peak.

I'm a bit more cautious than you, perhaps. We've had such potential reversals before, and they didn't last in the end, but for now, I would see the price staying above 100, or even slightly below, as a relatively strong signal that the early July trend persists, that could take us out of the larger downtrend.

I'm using also a different and more accurate method named "ichimoku". But it's less clear to display.

If you know about it, the results are realy goods regarding the daily closes above the clouds (1st time for several month)

(click to enlarge)
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
I believe coins are showing up on the ask at gox again.  Would love to see the bid sum / ask sum graph.

http://blockchained.com/
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I believe coins are showing up on the ask at gox again.  Would love to see the bid sum / ask sum graph.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
I think that mid-term trend has confirmed its reversal. 2013(/2014) will likely welcome new ATH.

(click to enlarge)

I'm using different methods and indicators, and I don't place much emphasis on support levels, but my overall interpretation is probably quite similar: since early July we are in phase that could potentially reverse the overall downtrend since the April peak.

I'm a bit more cautious than you, perhaps. We've had such potential reversals before, and they didn't last in the end, but for now, I would see the price staying above 100, or even slightly below, as a relatively strong signal that the early July trend persists, that could take us out of the larger downtrend.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Not only has the gap between MtGox and Bitstamp increased to about $10 again, but the order book is starting to look like a mirror image.

MtGox:

Bitstamp:

It appears that Bitstamp is far more bearish than MtGox. This is surely a reflection on people trying to buy BTC to get out of MtGox?

I suspect Bitstamp is leading the market now too, which makes me wonder whether the 95 support level is about to give way.

or more people able to sell on Bitstamp?

Conversely, the fear of selling on MtGox is what is keeping selling pressure suppressed there

I would really like to know the story on Gox. Are people getting their money out yet? If they aren't is that reflective of BTC? If so, by how much?
What is the latest on people getting their money out? We are passed the 2 week period to get caught up that followed the first 2 week period of no US transfers out of Gox, right?

They better get this straightened out soon, or the shit is eventually gonna hit the fan. Luckily, the economic situation is worsening, the gold hedges will need to be covered, etc. So, lots of money is probably going to start to come into BTC. Being above 100 (with some stability) is probably going to do a lot for us. (Catch the train).
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Yes.  I was watching it at the time. The sellers dried up and 700 appeared as a high bid which was only lightly touched and put a floor under the market as it started up.
 And that point where the market appeared to make a major directional change was a crossover noted by Goomboo:

legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

(click to enlarge)

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration