Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32495. (Read 26471727 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Screw the sharing part though, …
that was certainly not about sharing bitcoins, there are also other things in life that can be shared. like food, housing, having compassion for each other, etc. it's not all like in your favourite first person shooter :-D

Compassion, sharing, this is the dark side. I'll weather the worst of riots in my nuclear bunker Tongue
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
Screw the sharing part though, …
that was certainly not about sharing bitcoins, there are also other things in life that can be shared. like food, housing, having compassion for each other, etc. it's not all like in your favourite first person shooter :-D
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
the calm b4 the storm?

come back at 7:00 EST?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

I'll just leave this here:

It is worth noting (even though I have been in and out of BTC lately):

At some point in the next year or a bit later, maybe even in a few months, you are going to see one of Spain, Portugal, Italy, etc. go under (Banking system or a large part there of).
When that happens (or as we approach it and it is obvious to some), you are going to see the BTC price explode. Absolutely explode. Your reaction will be like swimming in the ocean and
seeing a 21ft Great White Shark nearby, but just far enough away for you to maybe make it. It will shock you and you will remember it forever. It will be a bubble though and it will correct, unless we have a wider systematic collapse. But, it will not correct fully down as many of the 12 million or so coins out there will be in strong hands. It will probably be an extrapolation of what we have already seen.

So, we are all playing a game. Yeah, we don't want to get caught in BTC if it corrects again hard down. But we all know the times we are living in. If we were living in
times of solid banking and not as corrupt governments, BTC would depend solely on it's low transactions fees, perhaps the darknet, etc. But we are living in times where Central banks (ECB) take 47.5% of
your money in a bail-in and other countries are seeing that as a model.

Good luck to you all, but lets not simplify things. It can go any way at any time. Be careful and don't lose sight of that and don't lose sight of what BTC represents.

Enjoy the ride and don't forget that when the shit does hit the fan,
It's about sharing

+1

Screw the sharing part though, I'm hoarding like a bugger. Backing it up with excessive firepower as well  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

At some point in the next year or a bit later, maybe even in a few months, you are going to see one of Spain, Portugal, Italy, etc. go under (Banking system or a large part there of).
When that happens (or as we approach it and it is obvious to some), you are going to see the BTC price explode. Absolutely explode. Your reaction will be like swimming in the ocean and
seeing a 21ft Great White Shark nearby, but just far enough away for you to maybe make it. It will shock you and you will remember it forever. It will be a bubble though and it will correct, unless we have a wider systematic collapse. But, it will not correct fully down as many of the 12 million or so coins out there will be in strong hands. It will probably be an extrapolation of what we have already seen.

So, we are all playing a game. Yeah, we don't want to get caught in BTC if it corrects again hard down. But we all know the times we are living in. If we were living in
times of solid banking and not as corrupt governments, BTC would depend solely on it's low transactions fees, perhaps the darknet, etc. But we are living in times where Central banks (ECB) take 47.5% of

Good luck to you all, but lets not simplify things. It can go any way at any time. Be careful and don't lose sight of that and don't lose sight of what BTC represents.

It's about sharing

Very well said!
This scenario is quite likely.
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

It's about sharing
Activity: 770
Merit: 501

orly,
your sure its not the bear trap of in the institutional investor stage?
no, not again this chart.
bears ran out of arguments or what?  Roll Eyes

at basis this chart is perhaps good but it doesn't reflect the different circumstances of btc.
We are not even nearly in public phase. Institutional investors?
ehm not really, winklevoss twins are trying to be one perhaps?
If there are any other big players they haven't thrown out their name in the media until now.
more will come after regulations and problems with banks are figured out, everything is blurred by these subjects.
this chart relys solely on data from stockmarkets or am i wrong?
everytime i speak to people on partys or somewhere else nobody has heard nearly anything about virtual currencies.
(some tech-savvy people read about it but most didn't feel like getting into it)
people in this forum need to realize that they got so used to bitcoins everyday in their small bubble they forget that we still represent a minority
and perhaps not more than 1 of 10000 people of society has even heard of it. (don't quote me on that, i've never seen any statistics)
awareness will rise when fiat value will become more questionable or more crisis occur. john doe can't be forced to his luck, he must learn the hard way.

in combination with the phases this chart is used way too early.
Just believe it, we still represent the smart money!

Activity: 686
Ultranode
in my super humble opinion we are still in the Greed stage. Bubble hasn't fully inflated yet.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

and again: nope
nope.

simply because this silly simplified graph has proven itself to be wrong over and over again. at best, we are at the stage of takeoff or even before. and the rest is undecided.

personally i think it is pretty good. speaking from my experience  Roll Eyes
Activity: 763

nope.

simply because this silly simplified graph has proven itself to be wrong over and over again. at best, we are at the stage of takeoff or even before. and the rest is undecided.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team

The return to normal is the first bull trap after the crash, that is what it is... remember this return to normal,  fear, Despair, are the emotions the little people have.

we are back to the mean, deal with it!

Or maybe in the bear trap after the first selloff http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg60zigDailyzczsg2010-06-24zeg2011-04-03ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zxzi1gMACDzi2gRSIzv

Care to go short dear bears?
Activity: 518
The return to normal is the first bull trap after the crash, that is what it is... remember this return to normal,  fear, Despair, are the emotions the little people have.

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

Activity: 518
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

We do appear to be at the 'return to normal' stage - however this is Bitcoin.

I have some Bitcoin but still have plenty of USD on hand to buy more should the price start to move in either direction.

I had the impression that we were back to normal when we were last at 130, so there's that
Jump to: