Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32497. (Read 26471727 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Not only has the gap between MtGox and Bitstamp increased to about $10 again, but the order book is starting to look like a mirror image.

MtGox:

Bitstamp:

It appears that Bitstamp is far more bearish than MtGox. This is surely a reflection on people trying to buy BTC to get out of MtGox?

I suspect Bitstamp is leading the market now too, which makes me wonder whether the 95 support level is about to give way.

or more people able to sell on Bitstamp?

Conversely, the fear of selling on MtGox is what is keeping selling pressure suppressed there
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Not only has the gap between MtGox and Bitstamp increased to about $10 again, but the order book is starting to look like a mirror image.

MtGox:

Bitstamp:

It appears that Bitstamp is far more bearish than MtGox. This is surely a reflection on people trying to buy BTC to get out of MtGox?

I suspect Bitstamp is leading the market now too, which makes me wonder whether the 95 support level is about to give way.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Wow, CampBX is $88.

Sellers there will regret it if a whale doesnt come in soon. They sure have a steady finger for holding off this long, if they have any intents to sell...

Are you high?  The 24 hour low on CampBX is 96.00.  Put your contacts back in.
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
LTC -> BTC -> Silver!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Will be breach 100 on today's candle?

seller are not going to take down the wall that is pushing bids higher.
i think at this point seller are patience not panicked   Wink
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Will we breach 100 on today's candle?

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Wow, CampBX is $88.

Sellers there will regret it if a whale doesnt come in soon. They sure have a steady finger for holding off this long, if they have any intents to sell...

Activity: 266
I'll just leave this here:

i never understood why people believe that bitcoin price is a bubble in the first place and not normal price fluctuations in a free and unregulated market. Especially after 2011 so called "bubble" when no one know what will happen next and now we know that bitcoin wont simply die next day.
I and I think many others just bought bitcoins, keep them in safe place, and remain optimistic because we believe its good concept and worth investing. Where is bubble in that?

I think you need to look for the definition of a bubble. Bitcoin bubbles are textbook examples of economic bubbles.

This does not mean anything bad in and of itself. Every free market that is exposed to occasional hype, growth spurts, volatility and promising futures will undoubtedly go through one or several bubbles before it reaches any kind of price stability.

Except that they've "popped" "down" to 5-10 times the pre-bubble price... this a very important difference.

That's all post-bubble TA. The bubble has, by then, burst.

There's this guy Didier Sornette, who's working on bubble prediction algorithms with his team, the Financial Crisis Observatory in the ETH in Zurich. They are actively predicting bubbles as we speak, putting the predictions in encrypted files to be released 6 months later when/if the asset has popped. One of these predictions was the April bubble...

Obviously, the algo is not disclosed, but he claims one if it's main indicators when observing an asset is the passage from linear (basically fundamental value driven) to exponential growth (spec/hype driven).

Of course, if I would merely base my trading on this alone, I would have to short every time big news come out, but hey.. it's something to consider..
A chart from the future

(Arrow indicates current location)
SELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
holy shit batman

moment of truth

will mtgox bounce off 101 or 100?  who knows!  Shocked
sell sell selll sellllll
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
the gap between mtgox and bitstamp is closing, that's interesting.
legendary
Activity: 896
Sooo close to the wall, but still no one has eaten it.. hmm, give it a half hour..

Could somebody do me a favor and sell like ~2k BTC kthnxbye
Activity: 266
Quick question here, maybe a little off topic but ok.

Investing in bitcoin related securities (like ASICminer), isn't this extremely dangerous as those shares are coupled to the fluctuations of the BTC price? For example, you buy 10 asicminer shares at 5 btc each. Next, USD price of bitcoin plummets 50% or so. However, asicminer share price stays stable at 5 btc. Now, when you try to cash out your shares to btc and back to USD, you would have lost half your investment. So you got 2 dangerous factors that could fuck you over, either the btc price crashes or the share price itself crashes... It's just too much for me, i'll stick to btc trading :p

My thinking was that ASICminer is valued at X$, so if bitcoin goes up or down the share price would naturally move to reflect that X$ valuation.
and so i used this investment vehicle as a hedge against the volatility of bitcoin, it's too early to say if this will actually work like that in practice, in any case, i'm glad i bought some!  Tongue

Yup, pretty much this. During the last move down to of BTC to 68, AM went from 3.5 to +5. It has since corrected back, with a little premium left in, probably accounted for by more people using it as a hedge.

Nowhere is it written in stone that this behavior will continue forever though. Maybe another asset takes it's place next time.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
I'll just leave this here:

i never understood why people believe that bitcoin price is a bubble in the first place and not normal price fluctuations in a free and unregulated market. Especially after 2011 so called "bubble" when no one know what will happen next and now we know that bitcoin wont simply die next day.
I and I think many others just bought bitcoins, keep them in safe place, and remain optimistic because we believe its good concept and worth investing. Where is bubble in that?

I think you need to look for the definition of a bubble. Bitcoin bubbles are textbook examples of economic bubbles.

This does not mean anything bad in and of itself. Every free market that is exposed to occasional hype, growth spurts, volatility and promising futures will undoubtedly go through one or several bubbles before it reaches any kind of price stability.

Except that they've "popped" "down" to 5-10 times the pre-bubble price... this a very important difference.
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
Thinking that the "public" has gotten into bitcoin in any manner is laughable. The public is into bitcoin when you can buy Casascius coins on the shopping network.

Too bad Bruce Wagner has been ousted, he would have been the ideal man for the job.

Also can someone quote me so that byronbb can see it?  Kiss

Lol don't flatter yourself troll, you aren't on my ignore list.
Jump to: