Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32554. (Read 26471274 times)

Activity: 220
Merit: 100
When I see the 1k and 600 wall moving around I try to imagine what that guy is thinking. Obviously he is really rich, and he also don't really understand what he is doing. It's nice to know that one loaded guy is starting to get interested in bitcoins. After playing around, reading around and trying to convince his friend, who knows what crazy ideas he might get and might buy for much much more than 1600BTC...
Activity: 238
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
someone is laughing at single digit believers. And me too Wink

BTC velocity would have to drastically increase for single digits to be viable at this stage, IMO. At single digits, the available BTC wouldn't store enough value to be able to support payments. This is the reason you can effectively ignore the single digit argument -- Bitcoin would have to completely fail as a payment medium, or all the speculators would have to go away, in order for us to get there.

i know, but its good you said this because people tend to froget about this or maybe still don't understand.
I wonder also how long it would be for double digits to be gone for good. Maybe it's not that far away considering new and new entities starting to accept bitcoin each day.

:-)

It's also why the $10K valuations aren't as ridiculous as they sound -- try plugging in, say, 10% of visa volume into the equation :-) Of course we have a Tx limit to deal with first though...

My missus (economist) was initially convinced BTC would fail simply because there aren't enough of them...  Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 501

BTC velocity would have to drastically increase for single digits to be viable at this stage, IMO. At single digits, the available BTC wouldn't store enough value to be able to support payments. This is the reason you can effectively ignore the single digit argument -- Bitcoin would have to completely fail as a payment medium, or all the speculators would have to go away, in order for us to get there.

i know, but its good you said this because people tend to froget about this or maybe still don't understand.
I wonder also how long it would be for double digits to be gone for good. Maybe it's not that far away considering new and new entities starting to accept bitcoin each day.
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

93.8, I like this new guy. Probably just change for him, he just adds one digit as he feels like it. Probably bored that the bots keeps minraising him. $94.5 will happen soon!
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
Activity: 145
coins...coins...as far as you can see
FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
$93k says we are gonna stay above 93
and another 1000 @93.7

ok, now 1600 as he removed 93 wall.
$93k says we are gonna stay above 93
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
legendary
legendary
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
The spread between MtGox and Bitstamp is going crazy again. Even though they have about the same volume as of recent, their prices differ by over 8% right now.

▲ mtgoxUSD    93.7900    
▲ bitstampUSD    86.5400    
▲ btceUSD    84.5380    
legendary
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
My favourite part is when people extol "stability" while conveniently ignoring abysmal volume.
legendary
Activity: 811
Merit: 1000
Web Developer
If this baby goes down though, I believe 90 is no save bet as we will at least go back to 70, maybe lower.
Not at all, we're bouncing around the high 80's. It is probably going to stay stable for a while and then go up just before going back down. It will stabilize at a higher value.

What makes you say this?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
If this baby goes down though, I believe 90 is no save bet as we will at least go back to 70, maybe lower.
Not at all, we're bouncing around the high 80's. It is probably going to stay stable for a while and then go up just before going back down. It will stabilize at a higher value.
Jump to: