Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32552. (Read 26471274 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Whatever it is I don't know if I am feeling to confident about it. I just moved everything I had on Gox off. Better to play it a little safe right now. IMO.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I think it's for effect.

If you have 1k in coins, you really need fiat bad enough that you will dump them on Bitstamp at up to $10 lower than you can get them elsewhere? Doesn't ring true to me.

Could be.
But my premise is not about 'needing fiat bad enough' it is about the value of a Gox IOU vs $'s at Bitstamp. The Gox $ IOU's appear to be becoming worth less (notice the space for the moment)

The major buys on Gox do not line up with the major sells on Stamp. Your theory holds no water.

If you were interested in doing what phoenix1 describes, would you want to make it transparent & obvious?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
In speculative markets, all trading is insider trading.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

I think it's for effect.

If you have 1k in coins, you really need fiat bad enough that you will dump them on Bitstamp at up to $10 lower than you can get them elsewhere? Doesn't ring true to me.

Could be.
But my premise is not about 'needing fiat bad enough' it is about the value of a Gox IOU vs $'s at Bitstamp. The Gox $ IOU's appear to be becoming worth less (notice the space for the moment)

The major buys on Gox do not line up with the major sells on Stamp. Your theory holds no water.

You arent making sense.

Someone market ordered to 96.

Someone else placed an ask shortly after for 95.5

No other orders had taken place.

Lowest ask: 95.5
Current price: 96

Very simple.

Thanks.  & @phoenix1. I'm not thinking. Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
I remember the wall observer threads when the market was bubbling. Zoomed out, the buying wall looked like a tsunami, ready to overflood the gradual upward curve of the selling wall. Some made drawings of surf boarders on the buying waves, and on the selling wall, drawed people fleeing from the wave etc.

Since the crash I've seen the inverse, now the selling wall looks like a wave, sometimes tsunami, ready to overflow the gradual upward curve of the buying wall.

I'm surprised these pictures showing the strong selling tsunami and making funny drawings on it are not posted here though. Or did I miss those?

I can't see that the selling wall would be so huge... would you try to visualize what you are talking about?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
yooooo any idea why its going up now?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
I remember the wall observer threads when the market was bubbling. Zoomed out, the buying wall looked like a tsunami, ready to overflood the gradual upward curve of the selling wall. Some made drawings of surf boarders on the buying waves, and on the selling wall, drawed people fleeing from the wave etc.

Since the crash I've seen the inverse, now the selling wall looks like a wave, sometimes tsunami, ready to overflow the gradual upward curve of the buying wall.

I'm surprised these pictures showing the strong selling tsunami and making funny drawings on it are not posted here though. Or did I miss those?

ehheeh, I liked to describe that breaking wave of sells in the same way. It is building as we speak actually. Even though the price is rising, I'm reluctant with that building sell wave there.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

Activity: 546
Merit: 501
Exactly my thinking... why would someone sell on stamp for $83 instead at gox for 94$ (13% lower). There is some strange info we don't know yet about.

This reminds me of a priest who was paid not long ago $2.5m for moving $10m to another country. 13% is cheap if you consider this.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
so, we will retest 100 $ soon.

We really need to break that resistance.

It really looks to me that what is being bought on Gox is being dumped on BitStamp in a hurry
I think we could be about to see a REAL price dislocation in the coming days. Something wierd is going on.

I'm thinking about this... why would someone do that? What would it get them?
Are they trying to get BitStamp to explode up when the selling there stops? And then folks react on Gox, and so on?
(Sort of like creating a coiled spring on BitStamp. Then they sell their coins higher on Gox at a later time (as the rally continues).

Something just seems weird (as usual) with the movement...

What it gets them is fiat in their bank not a Gox IOU ...
Perhaps they were tying to create a bit of panic selling on Gox by slamming Bitstamp, and doing it the other way round. ie selling coins on Bitstamp and then buying on Gox after. Not a problem if you already own a bunch. And has the same net effect of moving out of Gox.
Didn't really work though in terms of panic. Just cost them more in slippage  Cheesy

I think it's for effect.

Exactly my thinking... why would someone sell on stamp for $83 instead at gox for 94$ (13% lower). There is some strange info we don't know yet about.

Hmmm, what about Gox actually having liquidity problems. Is it possible they are manipulating the price there to get others to follow and then sell coins to raise $$$?
Activity: 252

I think it's for effect.

Could be.

what do you mean by IOU's?
legendary
Activity: 896
How does this happen? Edit:  check the numbers

someone placing a sell order at a price lower then the last order that went through, I would guess

Wouldn't the sell # reflect that?

You arent making sense.

Someone market ordered to 96.

Someone else placed an ask shortly after for 95.5

No other orders had taken place.

Lowest ask: 95.5
Current price: 96

Very simple.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red

It really looks to me that what is being bought on Gox is being dumped on BitStamp in a hurry
I think we could be about to see a REAL price dislocation in the coming days. Something wierd is going on.

Are they trying to get BitStamp to explode up when the selling there stops? And then folks react on Gox, and so on?
(Sort of like creating a coiled spring on BitStamp. Then they sell their coins higher on Gox at a later time (as the rally continues).

Perhaps they were tying to create a bit of panic selling on Gox by slamming Bitstamp, and doing it the other way round. ie selling coins on Bitstamp and then buying on Gox after. Not a problem if you already own a bunch. And has the same net effect of moving out of Gox.
Didn't really work though in terms of panic. Just cost them more in slippage  Cheesy

I think it's for effect.

Activity: 798

I think it's for effect.

Could be.

someone placing a sell order at a price lower then the last order that went through, I would guess

Wouldn't the sell # reflect that?
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
I have also recently given up on gox for withdrawals and price reference. The news that withdrawals are solved proved to be false. It's been too long. I think it's very likely a whale finally also gave up on gox and was willing to accept the loss. We could be near a tipping point indeed.
Activity: 514
Merit: 500

Activity: 238
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

I think it's for effect.

Jump to: