Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32581. (Read 26470937 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Right now Bitstamp shows the future price of MtGox.
Or MtGox shows the future price of Bitstamp.
I think that bitstamp should follow gox, because of difference in volume...?

Well think about it. If Gox has a problem getting money out, then how do you get money out? You buy coins and sell them elsewhere. What does that do? It drives the price down on these others exchanges.
And, it also inflates the price on Gox as your choice there is to either buy coins or sit in fiat. No taking your money out, no moving it to another exchange (outside of via coins), etc.

Gox is still the leader in volume but that is declining fairly steadily. I think they are a very secure exchange, but people are getting tired of their crap. The choices are increasing, and if you are not a daytrader, then Gox is no longer the clear leader (actually, even if you are...)

the issue with that is once any other exchange gets the VOLUME and $$$$$$ amount in their banks they too will have more issues. it's not like mtgox INVENTED these banking problems. once bitstamp and campbx get huge influx they too many have issues regarding traditional banking wires and fiat liquidity

Come on, you are really simplifying things. I think like Gox's trade engine their transfer "engine" (paper) is sub standard. Look at the volume on Bitstamp:

So, you mean to tell me that at 60 million you experience delays (for 1 month now) but at 20 million you don't??? 2 or 3 days to get money out of Bitstamp, 3 - 4 weeks for Gox. What is wrong with this ratio?

I think someone at Gox is not telling the whole story. I do like Gox, but the transfer thing is fishy.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Well think about it. If Gox has a problem getting money out, then how do you get money out? You buy coins and sell them elsewhere. What does that do? It drives the price down on these others exchanges.
And, it also inflates the price on Gox as your choice there is to either buy coins or sit in fiat. No taking your money out, no moving it to another exchange (outside of via coins), etc.

Gox is still the leader in volume but that is declining fairly steadily. I think they are a very secure exchange, but people are getting tired of their crap. The choices are increasing, and if you are not a daytrader, then Gox is no longer the clear leader (actually, even if you are...)

the issue with that is once any other exchange gets the VOLUME and $$$$$$ amount in their banks they too will have more issues. it's not like mtgox INVENTED these banking problems. once bitstamp and campbx get huge influx they too many have issues regarding traditional banking wires and fiat liquidity
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Activity: 602
many numerous verified reports of people receiving their wires in the last 2 days!

various sources and various confirmations. time for people to pay out that bounty -
mt gox almost back to it's almost business
elg
Activity: 151
Merit: 104
tx Chak, bcdev and samson,.
Since the difference in rate i'm trying to understand...
e.g. wondering now,.....how ask price on Bitstamp can be 10% lower as on MtGoc
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
ok.... noob here....
why this difference in rate Bitstamp vs MtGox ??

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Does this look like it will revisit triple digits anytime soon to you?

Looks like there's a long way to fall to me.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Think i got it Smiley

Thx Blitz and Chalkbot (best answer lol)

so what is the "real" buy/sell rate ?

I don't think there is a correct answer for that, but it's likely inbetween Mt. Gox and the others, although Gox does considerably more volume, so that price may carry more weight in this equation.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Roughly 24h after the announcement within a span of hours, so 1 AM UTC if they time it right.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
When are SD shareholders supposed to get their BTC?
elg
Think i got it Smiley

Thx Blitz and Chalkbot (best answer lol)

so what is the "real" buy/sell rate ?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
ok.... noob here....

I think the consensus is that it's harder to get USD out of Gox currently, so there are coins being bought on Gox and sold on the others in order to "cash out", which means the different exchanges are experiencing proportionally different amounts of buys vs sells.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
And i don't think anything. I have no clue what Bitcoin will do. Neither do you, Blitz or anyone else.
Better go home now guys, we're all wasting our time. Thanks for the revelation. Cheesy

ok.... noob here....
mtgoxUSD are devalued because there's a holdup with MtGox withdrawals, so they aren't liquid.

elg
ok.... noob here....
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Twice that idiot said no more triple digits in 2013 and both times we had triple digits a few days later.
That's not wrong, that's prematurely right. Cheesy

God, you're pathetic.

Shroomsy my little friend, why do you keep reading this subforum and watching the price if it hurts so much?
Activity: 672
Twice that idiot said no more triple digits in 2013 and both times we had triple digits a few days later.
And he seems completely delusional about it.

You mean the 4 times last week that it touched 100-104 and was sold off on, never to recover, within the hour?

Ability to approach $100 but neither break nor sustain $100 is not a bullish signal.

Do you think you'll be seeing $165+ legit before Christmas without a major influx of new blood via media hype too?

Yes, i mean both times he was 100% wrong.
And i don't think anything. I have no clue what Bitcoin will do. Neither do you, Blitz or anyone else.
Activity: 672
That's not wrong, that's prematurely right. Cheesy

God, you're pathetic.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

Playing devils advocate, it could bounce off ~75 and then re-inflate the bubble.

It could, but I am expecting a lower low and lower high for the next leg down. Until the trend changes.
Also, when is the SD disbursement supposed to occur?
Jump to: