Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32619. (Read 26470603 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I expect a slow gradual decline, then a waterfall. Then again, if the market somehow manages to break 100 again, we can expect a bubble.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I like my support/resistance lines on the body of the candles, not wicks. We are sitting below 2 resistance lines if that is the case. Interesting to think we might have broken out of a descending triangle, but down and now come back up to meet it. Updated - And look at the negative volume divergences (2) with an up price. That had been a good reversal indicator, but not lately. Also, topping out on RSI.

That's an interesting chart. $100 is definitely a key battle ground and it has psychological meaning.

The last bear run broke $100 after the first two tests (May and June) held. Previous support levels often become new levels of resistance.

Compound with the highs getting gradually lower (about 155, 135, 115), with this final high barely breaking $100 and it paints an interesting picture.

Unless something big happens in the coming week to vault us cleanly over $100, I suspect breaching $100 again for any extended period will be unlikely for quite some time.

I like that stochastic.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
I like my support/resistance lines on the body of the candles, not wicks. We are sitting below 2 resistance lines if that is the case. Interesting to think we might have broken out of a descending triangle, but down and now come back up to meet it. Updated - And look at the negative volume divergences (2) with an up price. That had been a good reversal indicator, but not lately. Also, topping out on RSI.

That's an interesting chart. $100 is definitely a key battle ground and it has psychological meaning.

The last bear run broke $100 after the first two tests (May and June) held. Previous support levels often become new levels of resistance.

Compound with the highs getting gradually lower (about 155, 135, 115), with this final high barely breaking $100 and it paints an interesting picture.

Unless something big happens in the coming week to vault us cleanly over $100, I suspect breaching $100 again for any extended period will be unlikely for quite some time.

Yeah, $100 is a really key level and as you said, for more than one reason. We have had lower highs and lower lows since April/May and if we reverse this up movement below 110, then we will again have a lower high, and what about that lower low following?

People that were waiting below (me included) were a bit taken back by the Huge buyer that stopped the fall and basically walked BTC up to where it is now (at least in large part). But, as many TA guys will say, "market manipulation" only delays the inevitable (unless of course some huge great news comes...
Activity: 168

legendary
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
The that bid wall at 94 is going to get nibbled very soon it seems.

similar to Bitstamp 92.3 ...
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
The that bid wall at 94 is going to get nibbled very soon it seems.
Activity: 336
I am still trying to figure out what the heck happened on July 5-6 that would cause this so called 'trend reversal'.  I have come up with bubkis as it seems so arbitrary.  I would have expected it to touch closer to 50s first and then slowly increase, not a shot right to 100. WTF man WTF

There's nothing to figure out. When the price stabilized around 76 and nobody would eat the wall at 80 someone realized they could pick up 15,000B for like 1.1-1.2 mega USD buying from $76-82, with a high probability of pushing the market to at least $100 on the momentum. What gave assurance there would be momentum there? Bids were stacked _deep_ in the 60s and 50s since everyone was waiting for "the bottom".

It was a good time to pick up a ton of coins and produce a trend reversal as a result. So many people were waiting on the sidelines for "confirmation" before buying anyway.

Technical indicators don't mean anything when _one_ person with 7 figures in fiat on Gox can move the market to that extent.

Disagree! Plenty of us bought in below the walls as it looked like the bear market was running out of steam. The market had plunged irrationally and was being held down by manipulators. It was not time to sell in anticipation of $50s... It was time to buy back.

Pretty much all of your assertions could be mirrored and used to cast doubt on the dumps that led to $60s

There's still chance to get back in. After we hit $115 things will accelerate.

Another small point outside of technical analysis. Coinbase started accepting "instant" buying of bitcoin for level 2 verified users. This may have had an effect on price with excited users temporarily buying more coin available now instead of with a 4 day wait.

legendary
Activity: 238
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
I am still trying to figure out what the heck happened on July 5-6 that would cause this so called 'trend reversal'.  I have come up with bubkis as it seems so arbitrary.  I would have expected it to touch closer to 50s first and then slowly increase, not a shot right to 100. WTF man WTF

There's nothing to figure out. When the price stabilized around 76 and nobody would eat the wall at 80 someone realized they could pick up 15,000B for like 1.1-1.2 mega USD buying from $76-82, with a high probability of pushing the market to at least $100 on the momentum. What gave assurance there would be momentum there? Bids were stacked _deep_ in the 60s and 50s since everyone was waiting for "the bottom".

It was a good time to pick up a ton of coins and produce a trend reversal as a result. So many people were waiting on the sidelines for "confirmation" before buying anyway.

Technical indicators don't mean anything when _one_ person with 7 figures in fiat on Gox can move the market to that extent.

Disagree! Plenty of us bought in below the walls as it looked like the bear market was running out of steam. The market had plunged irrationally and was being held down by manipulators. It was not time to sell in anticipation of $50s... It was time to buy back.

Pretty much all of your assertions could be mirrored and used to cast doubt on the dumps that led to $60s

There's still chance to get back in. After we hit $115 things will accelerate.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

There's nothing to figure out. When the price stabilized around 76 and nobody would eat the wall at 80 someone realized they could pick up 15,000B for like 1.1-1.2 mega USD buying from $76-82, with a high probability of pushing the market to at least $100 on the momentum. What gave assurance there would be momentum there? Bids were stacked _deep_ in the 60s and 50s since everyone was waiting for "the bottom". Since they want to buy cheap coins, where does all that money go if the price starts to take off again? After all, $70-80-90 were _extremely_ profitable entry points when we spent several weeks between $100-134.

Technical indicators don't mean anything when _one_ person with 7 figures in fiat on Gox can move the market to that extent, although I certainly expect they did use TA to time their decision.
legendary
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
I sense the up your ass formation using the outta my ass TA method
Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Perhaps he needs a break and more excitement before the next performance.  Grin

Yes. Good idea. I need a break  Smiley

See you.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
Some kind of triangle happening MAYBE.

I seriously doubt it would break 100 again just to fall down again.

If (this is conditional) Mrs Market does as per my picture, then experienced traders already know how many orgasms Mrs Market will experience during this bullish wave (where to put their TPs).

I think that Bitcoin isn't  lady mature multiple orgasm, but the man who showed a great performance after the excitement last week.
But now he is somehow drained and wilted.
Perhaps he needs a break and more excitement before the next performance.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
I noticed they are doing exactly the opposite people here think. Nobody was expecting that rise in the price last week. Now everybody expecting a dump but it wont happen. When you start to feel comfortably and buy back at $140 then they will dump.

No offence, but ... Roll Eyes
Jump to: