Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32702. (Read 26469640 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Found a new bullish chart pattern, a bounce is pretty clear as of now:

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Wall on 75 on Bitstamp just has been eaten.

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Is this a real move up or DCB?

Either way looks like we'll be stuck at 80 awhile...

I vote the former. It's a little thin but I imagine by the end of this week we close solidly in the green.

"close"? bitcoin markets never "close", they just keep going, regardless.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
20k BTC up to $85 but only 6k down to $72. Pullback seems likely here.
__/
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Now testing the bears' will.

Who will crack before $100 and buy back?  Cheesy

Huh? Any chance you are doing it wrong? Buying back is what people should crack and do... yesterday.

Selling is what you do when the price goes up.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Now testing the bears' will.

Who will crack before $100 and buy back?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
__/
Activity: 15
We will see dumps.

The problem is not the dumps, it is how people respond to the dumps.

If someone dumps on their own, and people don't panic and follow, it is the dumper's loss.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Im gonna be really surprised if we dont see one big dump in this.

Throughout this rise, asks have remained constant.. very bearish signal.

--Err, I should say -- The current rise. Of course total asks have dropped from the rallies hours before and the recent one.

LOL @ some bot.

About 300 bid on 77.5

Every time it was touched, it shifted a few cents in a random direction. Sometimes it one-upped itself by 0.001c, sometimes 1c, sometimes down a few cents.

Only a bit left of the wall. I wonder if the goal was to make sells appear as buys on bitstamp by one-upping itself 1c, since that would show as "trending up" AKA green arrow.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

I vote the former. It's a little thin but I imagine by the end of this week we close solidly in the green.
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

Activity: 588
True, if they have super low fee's and a good bot they could "agitate" the market until the spread is higher than 2x their fee's...in this case 0.5%+ spread is enough to make money. 

legendary
100 satoshis -> ISO code
I believe they are hoping to push the price in the direction they want enough to trigger other bots into buying or selling based on the market movement.

If they can get the fast ema to cross over the slow ema (for a simple example) they can likely trigger a bunch of less sophisticated bots into making a move.

Plus....a lot of newbies just put in market orders without looking at the order book intelligently.

They are probably there by someone who has got to the "magic" 0.25% comm rate and can make a steady profit by taking the spread all day as his 0.01s are constantly lifted on either side. During the down-wave they looked to be on both sides most of the time.
Activity: 588
I believe they are hoping to push the price in the direction they want enough to trigger other bots into buying or selling based on the market movement.

If they can get the fast ema to cross over the slow ema (for a simple example) they can likely trigger a bunch of less sophisticated bots into making a move.

Plus....a lot of newbies just put in market orders without looking at the order book intelligently.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
The last time I remember to observe many smallish orders of the same kind was during a larger dump and they were on the selling side.

But how does micro-orders on the bid manipulate the price up?
Consider. If they get hit - what color will all the prints be...

But they are placed there for someone desperate to push the price the other way Tongue

And if they arent hit.... then, it continues on without them.

Really though, thats all nonsense. If they are hit, then they might make a few stupid people follow them. Otherwise nothing happens.
legendary
100 satoshis -> ISO code
The last time I remember to observe many smallish orders of the same kind was during a larger dump and they were on the selling side.

But how does micro-orders on the bid manipulate the price up?
Consider. If they get hit - what color will all the prints be...
Activity: 48
If my bank account isn't verified with Coinbase can I still reserve coins at this price while they verify it?

Yes, verification doesn't stop trading it only increases your daily limit from 10 to 50 BTC.  Personally though i'd never recommend coinbase as the fees are far to high.  Do something like campbx (dwolla deposits).
legendary
Is there any actual importance involved with the crossing of the bid/ask sum lines in blockchained, or is it entirely arbitrary.

completely arbitrary. Except in maybe all time, then it may have significance, but in 15d NONE.

Bid/Ask vs Price crossover is generally a weak indicator.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
There might be a lot of manipulation but so long as you're aware of this and what they're trying to make everyone do then it's easier to do the opposite and profit from it rather than lose out.  Not that every wall is manipulation of course but some blatantly are.
Jump to: