Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32767. (Read 26469095 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Keep in mind that there are ETF's and BTC lenders now.
So, Bitcoins can be borrowed and sold short in a numerous ways.
And...
It is a currency according to FinCEN.... so...
The Federal Reserve is within its charter to manipulate it, and with a tiny fraction of one day's money creation, put the price wherever it wants, 50, 5, 500, 50,000.  Whatever suits them, at will, whenever they like.  And they can do it with their reserve banking partners, with as many billions of fiat as they need.

Enter the leviathan, whales beware.
Any facts to back up your bullshit? If they buy the price to $50000 I think I'll be maybe selling...

More likely they will do what they did with gold.  Though that was more expensive.  They dumped about $28billion in a single block trade to break the market down, with an immediate loss of over $1B on the gap down in April.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

by the way, I love how your picture is so perfectly in tune with your forum personality.  Smiley

Shit... that is a picture of me on Galveston beach. What exactly are you trying to say here chief??  Roll Eyes

Reminds me vaguely of this:

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Today you can go to http://bitcoinfund.eu/  Account minimum is US$1Mil, though they are reputedly lowering it for Bitcoin only accounts.

I see how I can buy, not how I can short...
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I bought late last night, and now i wake up to cheaper coins!  Grin

yup going to buy some more!

I love down trends

We are going down to $180?  Grin

Adam, how many business days??
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

I love down trends

We are going down to $180?  Grin
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

I love down trends

I call it optimism  Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer

Ok, say I want to short more than 1k BTC, where do I go?

Today you can go to http://bitcoinfund.eu/  Account minimum is US$1Mil, though they are reputedly lowering it for Bitcoin only accounts.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
And...
The Federal Reserve is within its charter to manipulate it, and with a tiny fraction of one day's money creation, put the price wherever it wants, 50, 5, 500, 50,000.  Whatever suits them, at will, whenever they like.  And they can do it with their reserve banking partners, with as many billions of fiat as they need.

Any facts to back up your bullshit? If they buy the price to $50000 I think I'll be maybe selling...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

I love down trends

Ok, say I want to short more than 1k BTC, where do I go?
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
And...

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
In the mean time, I know most of you are in fiat right now so it is in your interest for me to sell my hoard.
Are people serious when they say this sort of stuff?

Why not? If I sell, the price comes down more. If their message affects more people, it keeps bringing down the price. Something something butterfly effect.

Everyone wants to buy in at the bottom.
This is just another rationalization. Helps that cognitive dissonance in a falling market. When bulls start threads about bitcoin reaching $10k in the middle of a downtrend, I don't worry about it too much either. Wink

I suppose maybe everyone here is trying to hose the noobs. Then again, I can't imagine the speculation forum has any effect on the market. I mean, are you some kind of whale? Who do you think you are, Jaroslaw?  Wink I would hope market makers in a market that is easily manipulated have better things to do than lurk on forums.

All the people that have been talking bear market since April/May -- and were correct -- they could have saved you a lot of money. The "you're trying to buy cheap coins!" argument only works if we're at the bottom. As the down channel continues, now into months and not weeks, it gets harder and harder to make. If I've had any motive other than boredom, it has only been to offset the perma-bulls. I have no coins to sell, and as soon as my bids fill, I am looking to exit.....
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
Yet it really seems that 81.87 will be possible bottom at this moment. But for how long? Again, just a few hours?

Exactly, if it is a "floor" with no buys coming through then I am not impressed. It seems like just another silence before the storm.
But again, we are on levels where we could bounce violently. But I don't feel like gambling...

I think the buy it now is really like roulette. Unfortunately, the chances of gain less than the potential loss. I do not believe for a quick return of $ 90 (more than $ 7).

And if we fall it will take a few more weeks, the bottom maybe 25 - $ 50 below the current price.

Personally, suppose two options continuation of the trend:

1. fast "Crash" as in 2011 with 30 - 50 $ bottom.
2. "Correction" above SMA 200 (about $ 70) and above $ 50 minimum from April
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
The 'problem' is that the current sell off is happening in slow motion. There is no panic selling going on at all, just a couple dumps over the course of a day and no real buying pressure to bring the price back up. This makes it hard to predict a bottom or a bounce, it could slide down for a while longer until bulls finally wake up.

Yes and if people with $$$ come back into the market the jump up will be explosive. But my bet is it will be sold into...
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
The 'problem' is that the current sell off is happening in slow motion. There is no panic selling going on at all, just a couple dumps over the course of a day and no real buying pressure to bring the price back up. This makes it hard to predict a bottom or a bounce, it could slide down for a while longer until bulls finally wake up.

"Slow motion" it took 2 years for gold to do the same corrections (or what ever we call it).

This is bitcoin, what gold does in a year bitcoin does in a day or two.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I think people are betting on MTGox being competent tomorrow. What if they announce that they still haven't got their bank up to scratch and it will be another 2 weeks until you can withdraw?

No no, no chance of a bounce at all.
Bull traps always happen and often times quite violently, but deluded bulls will say it's the emergence of a new bull market because China Winklevoss Argentina Turkey Cyprus instead of selling. I won't make any efforts to predict them, and I'm not at all actively trading.

Thanks but once again, I'm looking for a good point to short with the lowest possible risk. Just dumping everything on the market right now might cause me to miss the bottom. Yes, I believe we are that close to it.

because....

by the way, I love how your picture is so perfectly in tune with your forum personality.  Smiley

Shit... that is a picture of me on Galveston beach. What exactly are you trying to say here chief??  Roll Eyes

He might be referring to your attitude?

Yes, I don't get too worked up over little things like this. Pretty much guaranteed that BTC will rise above $100 in my lifetime so no sweat. I'm just collecting bitcoins in the mean time.
Jump to: