Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32768. (Read 26469058 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
wouldnt you have expected some news from gox if everything was okay for tomorrow?

they would have given a "status update" just to let everyone that the 2 week estimate was still accurate.

i think the saying no news is bad news applies here.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I think people are betting on MTGox being competent tomorrow. What if they announce that they still haven't got their bank up to scratch and it will be another 2 weeks until you can withdraw?

No no, no chance of a bounce at all.
Bull traps always happen and often times quite violently, but deluded bulls will say it's the emergence of a new bull market because China Winklevoss Argentina Turkey Cyprus instead of selling. I won't make any efforts to predict them, and I'm not at all actively trading.

Thanks but once again, I'm looking for a good point to short with the lowest possible risk. Just dumping everything on the market right now might cause me to miss the bottom. Yes, I believe we are that close to it.

because....

by the way, I love how your picture is so perfectly in tune with your forum personality.  Smiley

Shit... that is a picture of me on Galveston beach. What exactly are you trying to say here chief??  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Yet it really seems that 81.87 will be possible bottom at this moment. But for how long? Again, just a few hours?

Exactly, if it is a "floor" with no buys coming through then I am not impressed. It seems like just another silence before the storm.
But again, we are on levels where we could bounce violently. But I don't feel like gambling...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Something doesn't seem right. Market depth is so heavily in favour of buy with 1k moving us down 1 dollar or up 5 dollars.

I'm holding, as usual  Cool

The question is, are those bid walls (or depth) real?
That is the hard thing. Looking at the depth I say "bullish" and then another sell of 500 goes through. I've wondered if it's the same people or parties...
I think people are betting on MTGox being competent tomorrow. What if they announce that they still haven't got their bank up to scratch and it will be another 2 weeks until you can withdraw?

Bull traps always happen and often times quite violently, but deluded bulls will say it's the emergence of a new bull market because China Winklevoss Argentina Turkey Cyprus instead of selling. I won't make any efforts to predict them, and I'm not at all actively trading.

Thanks but once again, I'm looking for a good point to short with the lowest possible risk. Just dumping everything on the market right now might cause me to miss the bottom. Yes, I believe we are that close to it.

because....

by the way, I love how your picture is so perfectly in tune with your forum personality.  Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I found this little gem on reddit:

Not worth selling with current price.
  Cheesy
Activity: 161
Merit: 11
Tried to withdraw 10000 usd a few days ago, support staff said I had to wait for at least 2 more weeks because they were having a long queue of requests to process. I doubt this problem will get resolved anytime soon.

Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
Yet it really seems that 81.87 will be possible bottom at this moment. But for how long? Again, just a few hours?
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

In the mean time, I know most of you are in fiat right now so it is in your interest for me to sell my hoard.
Are people serious when they say this sort of stuff?

Why not? If I sell, the price comes down more. If their message affects more people, it keeps bringing down the price. Something something butterfly effect.

Everyone wants to buy in at the bottom.

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
In the mean time, I know most of you are in fiat right now so it is in your interest for me to sell my hoard.
Are people serious when they say this sort of stuff?
Activity: 70
Small bounce?

Mtgox just about has to. Bitstamp should fall quite a bit, though (I cant't see any reason why it should stay higher or even very close to mtgox).

Bid side on Bitstamp is actually still looking pretty strong. 5100 coins to 75, 2600 coins to 90. Waiting for a nice 1k sell to prime us for the 70s. Smiley

I know. Why do you think bitstamp is trading higher than mtgox at the first place!?  Cool
So I am doing the same as you - waiting for a nice big dump of at least 1000BTC before even thinking about trying to catch a bounce...  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Something doesn't seem right. Market depth is so heavily in favour of buy with 1k moving us down 1 dollar or up 5 dollars.

I remember it was the same during the whole of the 2011 bear market.

Cool story bro.

You realize most of us are just trying to prevent you from having the same pain we did?

no pain no gain. some people learn their lessons the hard way.

dooooooown sheee goeeeeeees.

Cool story bro.
It's unfortunate for the people who choose to stick their fingers in their ears when someone who has experienced the same thing tries to educate them: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sentiment-in-2011-188829

Based on the depth, we are due a bounce. I may short some coins in there depending on how I feel about sentiment. In the mean time, I know most of you are in fiat right now so it is in your interest for me to sell my hoard.
Activity: 84
Tomorrow is the two week mark for Gox USD withdraws isn't it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Cool story bro.

You realize most of us are just trying to prevent you from having the same pain we did?
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

Cool story bro.
It's unfortunate for the people who choose to stick their fingers in their ears when someone who has experienced the same thing tries to educate them: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sentiment-in-2011-188829
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Have you been watching the past few days? It's always been like this but the sells just keep coming. Don't be fooled like I was into believing we're going up just because of the order book. If we follow the pattern of the past week, we're going to bounce off of $80 and go up to around $84. That's the time to sell. Then, the next day we'll have another large selloff into the mid 70s.
Jump to: