Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32848. (Read 26468385 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Any good android market watcher apps?

The last one I tried ran so hot and drained the battery in an hour.  I think it must have been trying to mine on my phone!   ...I just watch preev.com on my phone.

Just don't mix wallets and fishy bitcoin apps. I wouldn't go as far as to suggest to have a dedicated phone for your self-compiled and reviewed android wallet yet but this day will come soon. If some minor developer of angry birds can sneak in a 2kB snippet that empties 10,000,000 wallets at a snap, this evil guy will do it. I mean even if he gets caught, he might have a higher cause to do so and the money will never find its way back to the owners.

A bitcoin hater could even send the money to /dev/null
Edit: Wonder what he would get prosecuted for in such a case Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
Quantitive Easing is deployed with a goal of increasing inflation sure, but do you disagree inflation is pretty much inherent in any monetary system since the concept of money was deployed?

Yes I disagree. What do you expect from someone named Discordia?  Grin

What about monetary systems based on the gold standard which have provided stable prices for decades and centuries (punctuated by outburst of price inflation during wartime episodes mostly)? What about a system based on Bitcoin? I dare say most monetary systems are not inflationary...it's just that currently the fiat monetary system (which is inflationary) is ubiquitous.

Oh there might be some confusion about inflation. It helps when we clarify whether we're talking about monetary inflation (which is easy to pinpoint by definition) or price inflation (which is harder to distinguish and even harder to describe how it works).

Since I find monetary inflation to be a much more useful concept than price inflation, that's what I'm looking at. And what I see is that Quantitative Easing = adding to the money supply = monetary inflation. Feel free to disagree.
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
So is it nearly time for Whale-ageddon II  ?
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
WTF is going on?
Bug?

EDIT: 101.x <-> 102.x

I suspect EUR book activity.

I see in Eur 3 trades and about 1 BTC over 20 minutes.

rather bids still waiting for cheap coins and nobody wants to sell cheaply  Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
WTF is going on?
Bug?

I suspect EUR book activity.
legendary
Activity: 1498
WTF is going on?
Bug?

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Let's sell it down now.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

The last one I tried ran so hot and drained the battery in an hour.  I think it must have been trying to mine on my phone!   

lol ... that cracked me up !  Cheesy

yep Smiley

It gave me a good excuse to update my Cyanogen Mod to the new version Smiley
Activity: 232

on that topic, anyone know the best way to trade on mtgox on an android phone?

the mtgox app for android!

Activity: 798

The last one I tried ran so hot and drained the battery in an hour.  I think it must have been trying to mine on my phone!   

lol ... that cracked me up !  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 896
A lot of the support on $100 is simply being pulled. I think we might go thru it, but its best the walls are pulled and used to hold us up later on.

Another 1k market sell, 200 sell, and 100 sell... now 600 wall sitting on 101.53
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

bitcoinium

on that topic, anyone know the best way to trade on mtgox on an android phone?

The last one I tried ran so hot and drained the battery in an hour.  I think it must have been trying to mine on my phone!   ...I just watch preev.com on my phone.
Activity: 854
NP, thats what this thread is for Tongue

Why do you think its manipulation barbs, and what is the 105 dump you are referring to?

It was weird, because this wall came up about an hour before it got pulled.. and it looked real. But then some small buys pushed us to 103.50 and it got pulled. It doesnt really make a lot of sense to pull it then and market sell, but I cant see that being labeled as manipulation.

What kind of market watcher app do you mean? I use bitcoinum and set price alarms behind walls.

There was a huge wall for most of today (I'm in the UK) from 7 AM onwards to about 5:30PM UK time. check out the volume at that time and the drop from 105-103.6, the wall dissapeared right before the market sell.

I'm just hating, i wish I had that kind of dough Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
NP, thats what this thread is for Tongue

Why do you think its manipulation barbs, and what is the 105 dump you are referring to?

It was weird, because this wall came up about an hour before it got pulled.. and it looked real. But then some small buys pushed us to 103.50 and it got pulled. It doesnt really make a lot of sense to pull it then and market sell, but I cant see that being labeled as manipulation.

What kind of market watcher app do you mean? I use bitcoinum and set price alarms behind walls.
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
Activity: 854
The same thing happened at the wall at 104.1 or whatever right before the dump from 105. Manipulators.
Jump to: