Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32851. (Read 26468382 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
I'd hardly call Inflation robbing the masses, but QE meanwhile is robbing the masses.

The price seems stuck, that gulf between 106 and 104 is just  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
Those are delusional libertarians who believe in the mantra: they laugh at you, they fight you ,then you win.
Yes Bitcoin network would still exist and mined but valued in the single digits.What a win it would be!

Oh Rampion would cry from happiness if that would happen. 1000's of Bitcoins worth 5 cents each and not a person in the world who would want to touch them anymore. He would call that the war has been won.

I believe "not a person in the world who would want to touch them" is very inaccurate. There are lots of people who don't believe the "legitimacy" delusion, people who is not swallowing the BS they are fed with. People who appreciate the ability to do whatever they want with their money, regardless of what some regulators/policemen/government thugs say.

Are you worried by Bitcoin going to single digits, even sub dollar? I explained many times, with figures, why I believe in the long term Bitcoin will be more expensive than now, even in a global ban scenario. Black market economy is huge, so if your only worry is the exchange rate, I won't worry so much. Of course you will have to learn how to trade it outside the traditional channels in that scenario.

Then, I will say something that may be very impopular in the speculation sub forum: if Bitcoin goes to single digits but it survives, serving as a tool for those that cannot move their money freely in order to bypass unfair regulations, I will be happy. Sure, I would have lost a lot of the value I threw at Bitcoin, which is not negligible - I can tell you I could leave very good during two years with the amount of fiat I invested in BTC. Still, if I'd lose it I wouldn't be starving, and I'm very conscious from the very first moment that this is a super high risk investment. Fiat denominated profit is a nice bonus, but it was never my goal when I decided to participate in this experiment. I very much prefer being free than being rich. For me Bitcoin is a matter of freedom and principles, this is about challenging the rotten financial system, not about getting rich quick. And still, as I said earlier, in the long run I don't see BTC going to sub-dollar unless a) a superior crypto with the same characteristics (trust-free, decentralized) takes over, or b) a fatal flaw in the protocol is discovered.

Let the party begin, I hope you were never so foolish to believe that the people pulling the strings in the financial world would leave something that truly endangers their position alone.

Great post Rampion, I'm with you I'd happily continue using bitcoins if they were priced in single digits. The way the economy is looking I'd say its much more likely that fiat currency will be the one losing all its value.

Interesting fact, the Federal Reserve has caused the US$ to devalue by 98% since it was created 100 years ago. Inflation is how to rob the masses without them realising.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Those are delusional libertarians who believe in the mantra: they laugh at you, they fight you ,then you win.
Yes Bitcoin network would still exist and mined but valued in the single digits.What a win it would be!

Oh Rampion would cry from happiness if that would happen. 1000's of Bitcoins worth 5 cents each and not a person in the world who would want to touch them anymore. He would call that the war has been won.

I believe "not a person in the world who would want to touch them" is very inaccurate. There are lots of people who don't believe the "legitimacy" delusion, people who is not swallowing the BS they are fed with. People who appreciate the ability to do whatever they want with their money, regardless of what some regulators/policemen/government thugs say.

Are you worried by Bitcoin going to single digits, even sub dollar? I explained many times, with figures, why I believe in the long term Bitcoin will be more expensive than now, even in a global ban scenario. Black market economy is huge, so if your only worry is the exchange rate, I won't worry so much. Of course you will have to learn how to trade it outside the traditional channels in that scenario.

Then, I will say something that may be very impopular in the speculation sub forum: if Bitcoin goes to single digits but it survives, serving as a tool for those that cannot move their money freely in order to bypass unfair regulations, I will be happy. Sure, I would have lost a lot of the value I threw at Bitcoin, which is not negligible - I can tell you I could leave very good during two years with the amount of fiat I invested in BTC. Still, if I'd lose it I wouldn't be starving, and I'm very conscious from the very first moment that this is a super high risk investment. Fiat denominated profit is a nice bonus, but it was never my goal when I decided to participate in this experiment. I very much prefer being free than being rich. For me Bitcoin is a matter of freedom and principles, this is about challenging the rotten financial system, not about getting rich quick. And still, as I said earlier, in the long run I don't see BTC going to sub-dollar unless a) a superior crypto with the same characteristics (trust-free, decentralized) takes over, or b) a fatal flaw in the protocol is discovered.

Let the party begin, I hope you were never so foolish to believe that the people pulling the strings in the financial world would leave something that truly endangers their position alone.
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
Fucking banks. My cards have been blocked because of suspected fraud after legitimately purchasing train tickets (which for some reason the bank have decided look suspicious). This is not to mention many times I've had online transactions held until I phone and confirm I intended it. Is this to protect us or to in fact monitor and police all our transactions. Sooner the world moves to decentralised money the better.
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Will you have the guts to do the right thing when the pressure is on? If yes, I applaud and honor you. If not, here are a few cheap excuses to use (after all, who wants to admit conditioning or cowardice):

Without the rule of law, everything would fall apart.
Without regulation, criminals would destroy everything.
Yes, regulation is coercive, but along with it comes a certain amount of public benefit!
I got ripped off, and someone has to fix it!
If I can’t sue someone, they can get away with ripping me off!
We can’t get people to use Bitcoin unless it’s authorized.
We need approval or we will forever remain a tiny market.
A significant number of Bitcoin people will say these things (and others), but the real truth will be that they are scared, or are still hoping to get mega-rich, or just can’t rip the “government is our friend” meme out of their heads. But mostly it will be fear.

We all feel fear of course, but some of us are determined enough to do the right thing, even when we’re afraid.

So, here’s a final tip: If you run into someone who can feel the fear and still do the right thing, don’t let go of them.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

holy crap indeed. It smells funny though because they were even willing to give a reason... who would've thought that?

This Citibank plutocrats are defending their business, they are starting to be afraid of Bitcoin. Cool.

The ones thinking that the bankers would let Bitcoin alone are foolish. Bitcoin is a natural born enemy of the traditional financial system. In the long run, only one can survive.

Let the games begin.

Yeah, what would be better than a big war where every bank stops dealing with Bitcoin and makes it near impossible to get money in and out of the exchanges. Can't wait for that.

Seriously, you don't understand what you're wishing for. Get out of fantasy land man.
The governments and banks could destroy Bitcoin for breakfast if they wanted to.

Banks shutting down anything Bitcoin isn't good news. Really, it isn't.
If only one can survive, it won't be Bitcoin. Anyone living in reality can see that.

This is Napster's closure inviting Bit-Torrent all over again. This is just fueling more innovation with decentralized exchanges, physical exchange meeting points, etc.
They might very well crash the price of BTC in the short term with these types of announcements, but in the longer term they are helping us to create an infrastructure we desperately need.
Then they will probably make it illegal, but if the existing banking system continues it's tumble, they will probably fail miserably in that endeavor.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

holy crap indeed. It smells funny though because they were even willing to give a reason... who would've thought that?

This Citibank plutocrats are defending their business, they are starting to be afraid of Bitcoin. Cool.

The ones thinking that the bankers would let Bitcoin alone are foolish. Bitcoin is a natural born enemy of the traditional financial system. In the long run, only one can survive.

Let the games begin.

Yeah, what would be better than a big war where every bank stops dealing with Bitcoin and makes it near impossible to get money in and out of the exchanges. Can't wait for that.

Seriously, you don't understand what you're wishing for. Get out of fantasy land man.
The governments and banks could destroy Bitcoin for breakfast if they wanted to.

If only one can survive, it won't be Bitcoin. Anyone living in reality can see that.

Very big bullshit. They would have done it already if it would be so easy. Technical analysis (not speculative) proofs on its own that bitcoin can not be destroyed. Price can go low but that's a different subject. Pirates, P2P, opensource has amazing abilities to adapt, they will own the world, it's just a matter of time.
legendary
Activity: 1428
legendary
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Let the games begin.

legendary
legendary
legendary
Let the games begin.
Let the Great Dollar Extraction begin. Cheesy

Shall we have a little panic buying first?

Cool to see how the fools who wish to be "legit" and "regulated" see that despite being law abiding citizens their funds are taken hostage, and the only way to move them freely is by converting them to Bitcoins.

Interesting times ahead. Gox losing its dominant position, huge opportunity for alternative exchanges, people realizing that a battle is approaching and that the traditional financial system won't hand over its power without a good fight.

Going to buy popcorn, brb
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Let the games begin.
Let the Great Dollar Extraction begin. Cheesy
Activity: 854
omg i wake up to this??? i missed a 109 sale at 5:30 am after buying back in at 100.98 just hours prior

QQ

Q...Q
legendary

Let the games begin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Could that be the trigger for another high spread between MtGox and the other exchanges?  Smiley

Yup, but how to withdraw... Not to mention getting a new bank won't be quick.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Could that be the trigger for another high spread between MtGox and the other exchanges?  Smiley
Jump to: