Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32849. (Read 26468382 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Regarding earlier today:

http://btcbible.com/rumbles-detected-mt-gox/

Rumbles Detected on Mt. Gox
Published June 24, 2013 | By Dan Roseman
UPDATE: Thanks to Redditor Anenome5 for pointing out that the volume far exceeded 30,000 bitcoins, as originally reported. It was closer to 80,000.

BIG moves were detected on Mt. Gox less than an hour ago. A major surge of volume (around 30,000 80,000 bitcoins) exchanged hands in rapid succession, causing an almost instant price variation ranging between $100 to $109.4. Below is a 15-minute chart depicting the price action action:

I wish Gox had something to say about it, like, "Oh, sorry guys - we accidentally simulated trades to test our engine on the live orderbook... reversing all trades for those effected."

Now that would reaaally screw things up Tongue

Also, 1k wall pulled from 103.76 and market sold.

Good to know about the wall. Thanks for that. I was sitting and working and had the Clark Moody sounds on and caught a lot of red go by...
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
seems like a lot of sell pressure at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 896
Regarding earlier today:

UPDATE: Thanks to Redditor Anenome5 for pointing out that the volume far exceeded 30,000 bitcoins, as originally reported. It was closer to 80,000.

BIG moves were detected on Mt. Gox less than an hour ago. A major surge of volume (around 30,000 80,000 bitcoins) exchanged hands in rapid succession, causing an almost instant price variation ranging between $100 to $109.4. Below is a 15-minute chart depicting the price action action:

I wish Gox had something to say about it, like, "Oh, sorry guys - we accidentally simulated trades to test our engine on the live orderbook... reversing all trades for those effected."

Now that would reaaally screw things up Tongue

Also, 1k wall pulled from 103.76 and market sold.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Antifragile
Regarding earlier today:

Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
I get the feeling that Bitstamp is much less manipulated than Gox. In particular considering that crazy movement with quick book correction there after early today.

This doesn't look good and hasn't for days. So, the movement earlier today is all the more suspicious. Anything more regarding that?

too many coins on Bitstamp ... Sad
Activity: 854
legendary
Antifragile
I get the feeling that Bitstamp is much less manipulated than Gox. In particular considering that crazy movement with quick book correction there after early today.

This doesn't look good and hasn't for days. So, the movement earlier today is all the more suspicious. Anything more regarding that?

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Epic indeed... the ending is simply priceless  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Just to add a little bit of spice to this thread, I will leave this epic video titled "Hitler got screwed by Bitcoin weekend dip and is reminiscing about his Bitcoin mining career" for those who are new in here and missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4axmD2YvPnA

Lulz guaranteed.
legendary
Activity: 896
So, since checking the charts like 10 hrs ago... nothing has really happened? It looks like some sort of large sell happened a bit over an hour ago, but I dont see it in ChartBuddys post?

10.4k to 100, up from a low of 2.7k
13.3k to 110, up from a low of 1.5k

Bearish?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
100$ coins soon  Grin

i'm going place some bids  Smiley

What happened to this?  You move way too fast for me.  lol

well i was right wasn't i

we had 100$ for a few hours, and now its on the rise again...

I trusted you! And I'm makin some jack because of it. lol
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
100$ coins soon  Grin

i'm going place some bids  Smiley

What happened to this?  You move way too fast for me.  lol

well i was right wasn't i

we had 100$ for a few hours, and now its on the rise again...

legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
100$ coins soon  Grin

i'm going place some bids  Smiley

What happened to this?  You move way too fast for me.  lol
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
there's a considerable amount of bitcoin piling up at and around 110, good buying opportunity. there is resistance above 110 but its not that bad at all, a few more upward volume spikes and we have ourselves a rocket ready to blast up Up UP to 180  Wink
legendary
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
very bullish daily candle forming
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Quote from: barbs
Quantitive Easing is deployed with a goal of increasing inflation sure, but do you disagree inflation is pretty much inherent in any monetary system since the concept of money was deployed? I'm only questioning why anyone would be surprised that over 100 years 1$ buys far less?

Why would anyone be surprised? Because in 1700, a grain of silver bought you the same amount of parsnips as it did in 1600. In 100 BC, an ounce of gold bought you the same number of slaves as it did in 200 BC.

In 2013, a dollar bought you... 10, 50, 100x less of a certain good than it did in 1913.

Unless, by "the concept of money" being deployed, you specifically meant fiat money. Fiat money is designed to steal money from people over periods of decades. Just because it took 100 years to steal 98% of peoples' value, doesn't mean it's all of a sudden OK.

legendary
Activity: 798
Don't be a smart arse, I have a bag of pencils my friend, as you well know  Angry

Sorry ... couldn't help myself  Kiss
Jump to: