Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32852. (Read 26468382 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Clamps are indeed closing on GOX. Citibank is not dealing with any Gox transfers.

I quote this guy from this discussion: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2540042

Some information to bring more light in the dark:

During the last month I made 4 withdrawals (wire) to my account (Switzerland). Also done before without issues. All 4 amounts went through and were credited on my account as usual, about two weeks ago. Therefore I was appreciating the service provided by Mt. Gox.

Yesterday I got a phone call from my local bank, stating that they didn`t get the clearance from the correspondent banks reagarding the $$ transfer. The money went back to Mt. Gox. So these amounts could not be credited any longer and got cancelled.

It seems to be an issue of the international banks involved, below the original text from my bank, saying that the 4 amounts are returned from Citibank to JP Morgan Chase (Mt. Gox) due to internal guidelines. They are waiting for my instructions in which way Mt. Gox will send the money again.

Das von der Mt Gox Co. Ltd. Überwiesene Geld (4 Beträge USD) wurde von der Depotbank Citibank auf Grund interner Richtlinien an die JP Morgan Chase und somit an Mt Gox Co. Ltd retourniert. Bitte kontaktieren Sie die Firma ob das Geld erneut überwiesen wird....

The infos I got from Gox support:

Hello, We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our bank is facing few issues sending the transactions to the Citibank accounts. Our bank is trying to resolve this issue and we are also working on few alternatives. The funds once cancelled will be sent back to the MT Gox account and I will keep you updated on this.

The same day, some hours later, Gox "Statement Regarding Temporary Hiatus on U.S. Dollar Withdrawals" followed. Consistent as far as only $$ transfers are affected.

Looking like big US players are blocking $$ transfer. We are not really surprised, aren`t we ? Hope Mt. Gox will find solutions to circumvent the hiatus. It would be interesting what Citibanks "internal guidelines" are stating.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Anyway... the guy telling the story checks out pretty good imho....

Uh no...

1 link karma
18 comment karma

Ok. Just good.

But hey, he's not so active. It's not a crime.

His account is 3 months old, he's posted all along those 3 months on unrelated stuff, on NZ stuff and also some pro btc related stuff and even some pro mtgox stuff...

Unless he's on a very elaborate 3-month play where he built a persona waiting for this exact gox 2 week crisis to further defame them... he checks out for me.
Activity: 434

Uh no...

1 link karma
18 comment karma
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
He's talking about nz deposits though, not usd withdraws.

holy crap indeed. It smells funny though because they were even willing to give a reason... who would've thought that?

They way I see it this information is only important to Bitcoin insiders.. The general public can not infer one bit of meaning out of that change of policy by Citi, hence the lady tells it nonchalantly like it is. It must've been told to her unimportantly, and she just transmitted it.

Or it just did not happen?

I don't know if you are a Reddit user or not, but I am.

It's a pretty different place from everywhere else on the net. And though in reality it is as anonymous as this forum is, everything in there is just more transparent, you can easily background check everyone (you can also do it here..it'll take longer i guess..).

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
That smells like BS to me. She wouldn't know what was really going on.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 252

holy crap indeed. It smells funny though because they were even willing to give a reason... who would've thought that?

They way I see it this information is only important to Bitcoin insiders.. The general public can not infer one bit of meaning out of that change of policy by Citi, hence the lady tells it nonchalantly like it is. It must've been told to her unimportantly, and she just transmitted it.

Or it just did not happen?

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
This has to be bot action. Who's gonna do this manually with 1000's of coins within seconds with 15 seconds gox lag.

I cant see bots being trusted with this much money, and if they were, they wouldnt be so stupid.

This is rich guys clicking buttons.

the vinklevoss twins!

Yeah I really would like to hear this lady on the phone talking about liberty reserve and mtgox.
legendary
Activity: 896
We're gonna get an update from chart buddy in about 7 minutes, woohoo!

On a random note for those who use Clarkmoody - and use the sound ticker, what is your min volume? I usually pick 10. 100 is too rare and doesnt always happen in a smaller downtrend... but right now im using it and its doing fine.

10 would make it ding all the time, 100 makes dings meaningfull for me

Yeah, 100 is definitely meaningful. But for me, 10 works well. A bunch of fast 10+ dings can let you catch action rather than see the aftermath in my experience.

Also that news is very scary if true....

On a random note for those who use Clarkmoody - and use the sound ticker, what is your min volume? I usually pick 10. 100 is too rare and doesnt always happen in a smaller downtrend... but right now im using it and its doing fine.

10 would make it ding all the time, 100 makes dings meaningfull for me
legendary
Activity: 1025

Has there ever been a single 1k transaction? I know bitcoinity goes by the exact price, so 1000 1btc trades will show up as "1000 a few seconds ago" even if it was spread across hours.. but has there ever been a single 1k trade? I'd think so, but most seem in the high hundreds and split into small hundred chunks.

Yes, there was one in the recent madness. Saw it on Clark Moody
Jump to: