Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32854. (Read 26468337 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Personally I just bought 30BTC on Campbx for $98 and can't get them to Gox fast enough to sell before we see $100 again. I would love to make a quick 3 BTC before bed.
1. Sell Bitcoins on LocalBitcoins using a formula that references Mt Gox price.
2. Use the money from the sales to purchase more bitcoins either via Coinbase or CampBX.
3. ? ? ?
4. Profit
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Who are these whales slapping the market around?

It'd be lovely if any of these whales could make a guest appearance here (even in a throwaway account), and tell us a couple stories..

Cmon guys.. I know one of you out there is bound to be reading this...

Playing with MILLIONS of dollars......wastes time reading bitcointalk forums.

Makes total sense Roll Eyes

If I were the one playing, I would love nothing more than to watch live the reactions of you all......
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Sandwiched between two walls at 104.85~ and 105.01

How amusing
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
It's interesting how after buying everything up to $110 and selling everything down to $101 that the bids and asks filled the middle in again so quickly at a variety of prices, creating a market depth profile that looked like nothing had just happened.

I was thinking that same thing. Who's providing the stability?

Like many others, I'm placing bids and asks to try and take advantage of the situation to make a few bucks. The depth is probably a result of everyone doing the same thing.

How? With this lag?

There isnt any lag? And its mostly irrelevant at a time like this. Place a bid somewhere pretty low, depending on how risky you are, behind 500-5k of bids... then place asks 500-5k behind the other asks.

If you did this throughout this situation, you'd have made a killing. All it relies on is that the market acts extraordinarily stupid, so this wont usually work, and you wont be able to tell it would have until after the fact.

Ah well i'm looking at a chart. Not on Gox itself and it shows prices all over the place and quite some lag.

What do you mean by lag?
It's interesting how after buying everything up to $110 and selling everything down to $101 that the bids and asks filled the middle in again so quickly at a variety of prices, creating a market depth profile that looked like nothing had just happened.

Like many others, I'm placing bids and asks to try and take advantage of the situation to make a few bucks. The depth is probably a result of everyone doing the same thing.

How? With this lag?

There isnt any lag? And its mostly irrelevant at a time like this. Place a bid somewhere pretty low, depending on how risky you are, behind 500-5k of bids... then place asks 500-5k behind the other asks.

If you did this throughout this situation, you'd have made a killing. All it relies on is that the market acts extraordinarily stupid, so this wont usually work, and you wont be able to tell it would have until after the fact.

Your risk return spectrum is a little wide for me.

What do you mean? You would go with less bids and asks in front of you? I mean, that usually makes sense.. but the volume was so absurdly high, even 5k on both sides would have gotten you some returns. 1-2k seems like a "safe" point to me, you are not subject to a random 500 sell amongst 50000 of buys, or the opposite... without being so far behind that you miss the majority of the action.

If you only knew for sure. That can easily backfire too. Hindsight is 20-20
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Personally I just bought 30BTC on Campbx for $98 and can't get them to Gox fast enough to sell before we see $100 again. I would love to make a quick 3 BTC before bed.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Almost no Gox lag at that ridiculous volume is definitely not how it used to be. You used to get like 30s of trade engine lag for at least 2 minutes every 2k BTC sell off.

It'd be lovely if any of these whales could make a guest appearance here (even in a throwaway account), and tell us a couple stories..

What would you do differently with millions of dollar?
Go into a super VIP speculation forum?  Cheesy

I wouldn't be speculating. I'd be the market maker.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

What would you do differently with millions of dollar?
Go into a super VIP speculation forum?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

How? With this lag?

Ah well i'm looking at a chart. Not on Gox itself and it shows prices all over the place and quite some lag.

What do you mean by lag?

How? With this lag?

What do you mean? You would go with less bids and asks in front of you? I mean, that usually makes sense.. but the volume was so absurdly high, even 5k on both sides would have gotten you some returns. 1-2k seems like a "safe" point to me, you are not subject to a random 500 sell amongst 50000 of buys, or the opposite... without being so far behind that you miss the majority of the action.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

How? With this lag?

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

How? With this lag?

legendary

How? With this lag?

---

Imagine what people are going to think when they wake up and check the charts.. see no volume followed by 50k... and no significant change  in price. I know if I were that person, I'd squint, check bitcoinium, clarkmoody, etc... and then of course, check the wall thread to see live reactions.

How? With this lag?
Wth is happening? The live chart is going nuts.
Activity: 798
Maybe gox testing new engine?  Grin
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

legendary
Theres only 4k of asks back to our daily high, and 10k of new bids down to 100 [our daily low - NOT 101]

And new daily high, 109.96.

This is just so stupid. If we break 100, we're in bad shape. But just because it didnt fall doesnt mean these people should be buying in...

Yeah indeed. There must be so much more going on than we know about.
Jump to: