Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32957. (Read 26467275 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Bids are not lowering, it just looks that way now because the price went up from 98-ish to 102. That also makes the ask side look more in balance with the bid side now, I guess double digits are just not sustainable (yet?).

Ahhh, I see your point. I really don't think double digits are sustainable either - sustainable being the key word. We may have buyers come in and jack the price up but there are many many people who would like to sell in the $100 + range, so I don't see a prolonged rally unless those buyers start coming in force. For that we need something - news, another bank to go under, interest rates to really rise, etc.

I don't like being in Fiat but I get the feeling we will slowly settle below 100. I worked some numbers by studying the chart (and past charts) and came up with a bounce off the $90 range on our way down.  The other points on the way down (not saying we reach all of them) is 82, 68 and 60. Maybe low 50's but I think the buying won't let that happen, too many people want it. Depending on how long the downward movement goes on, I'd "guess" the $68 region is more likely, we'll have to see how people react.

Any chance of teasing an explanation from you...?

When I traded many years ago I was almost exclusively a candlestick guy. Well, I started going through the old "crash" last night and comparing it to the new one. I broke the chart down into an hourly one (and there abouts) and focussed on some of the key volume spikes on the move down. But, I also was looking at the formation of the old (2011) bubble and what was interesting is that on the way up, there was a disturbance in the smooth rise, and on the way down that disturbance clearly acted as support. So, instead focussing on the move down (which I looked closely at) I was also trying to correlate things to the move up. In a way, you can call it like an expected "mirror approach". The current bubble is not quite as pronounced, but just observe the chart and look for these mirror spots. I'm not saying it will work, but it doesn't really disagree with the move downs support levels. I did some eyeball averaging as well and it all seemed to add up. The bounces are quite predictable (but I'm not really a trader per say). That is the short of it.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
bid/ask sum has just crossed price, bullish signal.
They are both on dfferent scales ... change the scale and you can make them cross anywhere you want  Wink
No, they share the same unit - usd per btc and same scale.
I was referring to the first graph, if you disagreee, you'd better go for an eye check.
It's coincidental.
No, its intentional.
legendary
Activity: 1246

They are both on dfferent scales ... change the scale and you can make them cross anywhere you want  Wink

You're looking at the wrong graph. The bid/ask sum gives an indication of how much fiat there is on the orderbook compared to the amount of coins for sale. If the number is higher than the current price level that usually is a bullish sign. It has been that way all the way up to $266, and it has been lower since we established the current downtrend. Now it's crossing over again, which could indicate a trend reversal.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

They are both on dfferent scales ... change the scale and you can make them cross anywhere you want  Wink

http://archive.org/details/HowToLieWithStatistics Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

I was referring to the first graph, if you disagreee, you'd better go for an eye check.

It's coincidental.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Activity: 564
Merit: 508
Bids are not lowering, it just looks that way now because the price went up from 98-ish to 102. That also makes the ask side look more in balance with the bid side now, I guess double digits are just not sustainable (yet?).

Ahhh, I see your point. I really don't think double digits are sustainable either - sustainable being the key word. We may have buyers come in and jack the price up but there are many many people who would like to sell in the $100 + range, so I don't see a prolonged rally unless those buyers start coming in force. For that we need something - news, another bank to go under, interest rates to really rise, etc.

I don't like being in Fiat but I get the feeling we will slowly settle below 100. I worked some numbers by studying the chart (and past charts) and came up with a bounce off the $90 range on our way down.  The other points on the way down (not saying we reach all of them) is 82, 68 and 60. Maybe low 50's but I think the buying won't let that happen, too many people want it. Depending on how long the downward movement goes on, I'd "guess" the $68 region is more likely, we'll have to see how people react.

Pig sucker rally going on right now. I'm interested in the analysis too.

I agree it looks like a 'sucker' rally. Saturday morning too.

Just look at the bids on $90 - 6700 BTC required. That's enough to bounce a few times on the way down unless it's cancelled before it gets there of course.

Yes WE is still long, too long to easily predict the outcome.
However we are back well over 100$ and that's the surprise, let's face it.

Now time to closely monitor 105$ area ...

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

I agree it looks like a 'sucker' rally. Saturday morning too.

Just look at the bids on $90 - 6700 BTC required. That's enough to bounce a few times on the way down unless it's cancelled before it gets there of course.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

legendary
I use an alarm to wake me when the price goes above or below a certain price. People are expecting another Sunday dump but I think it's going to be the opposite this time. Dumps don't work when everyone expects them, so you need to do the opposite of what's expected to get results. Wink

What do you use?

http://namcdn.com/btcalarm/

Pretty cool site, props to the one who made it available for us. Smiley
I don't know, I have a feeling the downward trend is on its last legs now. I've bought most of my bitcoins back at 98, I expect a little uptrend towards 110 soon.

Unless there is some action tomorrow, when you're asleep. You might have an opportunity to lower your avg price.

I use an alarm to wake me when the price goes above or below a certain price. People are expecting another Sunday dump but I think it's going to be the opposite this time. Dumps don't work when everyone expects them, so you need to do the opposite of what's expected to get results. Wink

Well if everyone gets into fiat waiting for a dump, the price goes down on it's own. I reckon this is what we seen yesterday. It's an avalanche of people expecting a whale dump when the whale didn't even need to trigger it. Expect explosive growth on Monday after a dip on Sunday.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

What do you use?
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
wtf just happend. i went out for a run.. come back..     people start buying? ..
KS
Activity: 448
I don't know, I have a feeling the downward trend is on its last legs now. I've bought most of my bitcoins back at 98, I expect a little uptrend towards 110 soon.

Unless there is some action tomorrow, when you're asleep. You might have an opportunity to lower your avg price.

I'm 50/50 on Sunday vs Tuesday (but it could be Monday or not at all - aaargh! Cheesy )
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary

KS
Activity: 448

legendary
Jump to: