Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32971. (Read 26467101 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
From the way this keeps happening I can't help wondering if it's a deliberate attempt to damage confidence in BTC rather than a way to make money or simple incompetence.  Now, who would both be able to afford to do this and benefit from it?  Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I can't help suspecting the US government or their banks - neither of whom are famous for playing fair or even obeying the law.  They could cause trouble like this with their spare change.

I don't think a tin foil hat is necessary to consider them capable of malicious behaviour, they have a long history of it.

or it's a way to soften up the meat before you *really* bite into it...

I don't think anyone is going to take a big bite until MtGox no longer determines the price of the Bitcoin market. It really is laughable when you think about it. I think everyone is really just waiting for the next gen exchanges.

Nothing of the same generation can surpass Mt.Gox. We need the Dealer Network, developed here.

I think it takes about 3 weeks from this day to the inauguration of the daily fixing. I mean that you can skip gox from that day on doing OTC. 3 months for this to take out the volume from Gox also.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I wonder how much longer this pattern will carry on for, maybe I should just leave a bid on for $2, then ignore BTC for a few months to see if I get it.

And an ask of $10,000 just in case it goes the other way

Fortunately I don't have (can't afford!) enough BTC or fiat in this for it to be a disaster regardless of what happens.

$2 won't happen

Dips are not being too deep, bear is on, but the bottom is closer than some this-is-2011 doomsayers are expecting.
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
At least ASICMiner is helping my mood right now. Almost at 3BTC
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
I wonder how much longer this pattern will carry on for, maybe I should just leave a bid on for $2, then ignore BTC for a few months to see if I get it.

And an ask of $10,000 just in case it goes the other way

Fortunately I don't have (can't afford!) enough BTC or fiat in this for it to be a disaster regardless of what happens.
KS
Activity: 448
From the way this keeps happening I can't help wondering if it's a deliberate attempt to damage confidence in BTC rather than a way to make money or simple incompetence.  Now, who would both be able to afford to do this and benefit from it?  Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I can't help suspecting the US government or their banks - neither of whom are famous for playing fair or even obeying the law.  They could cause trouble like this with their spare change.

I don't think a tin foil hat is necessary to consider them capable of malicious behaviour, they have a long history of it.

I don't think anyone is going to take a big bite until MtGox no longer determines the price of the Bitcoin market. It really is laughable when you think about it. I think everyone is really just waiting for the next gen exchanges.

If I were an Evil Twin and had enough money, I would definitely try to wreak havoc (not too much though, don't want to completely destabilize the ecosystem) to buy at a lower pricepoint.

But yes, nextgen exchange is an idea. That actually can lead to yet another tinfoilhattery: what if I really wanted to destabilize MTG and then, like a knight in shining armor, open my brand new exchange (that follows all the laws, has some anti-manipulation features, whatnot)?

Bitcoin is actually pretty fragile, when you think about it, but also has an enormous potential. This has attracted and will attract more unsavoury characters. And when *real* money will start to play with it, run for the hills (actually, HOLD for the mid to long term).
Activity: 454

legendary
adamstgBit, sometimes I wonder if you are just trolling...  Undecided

with selling pressure severely depressed due the mass delusion of a bitcoin depression on the horizon. the rally will cut through all resistance points like a hot knife cutting through soft butter.

180 with 12days

Cool

You sure you didn't mean 180 in 120 days?

We'd probably be at that point already if our mystery weekend 5am coin dumper hadn't appeared on the scene last month, the price was climbing nicely until then

And that's what makes the whole dumping thing so silly and annoying. It's as if these people don't want Bitcoin to go up.

No, "this people" want to realize massive fiat profits. And there's no easy and quick way to sell +8kBTC in this tiny (bear) market with shallow depth and low volume.

Bitcoin already went up a lot. Let the baby correct.
KS
Activity: 448

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

with selling pressure severely depressed due the mass delusion of a bitcoin depression on the horizon. the rally will cut through all resistance points like a hot knife cutting through soft butter.

180 with 12days

Cool

We'd probably be at that point already if our mystery weekend 5am coin dumper hadn't appeared on the scene last month, the price was climbing nicely until then

And that's what makes the whole dumping thing so silly and annoying. It's as if these people don't want Bitcoin to go up.
Activity: 260
These dumps always seems to happen at around 5am UK time, I wonder where whoever keeps doing this is based.

its 1AM on the east coast.

someone is purposely trying to bring down price when people are not watching?

The sell-offs don't seem as frenzied as last week -- I'm not sure this is a manipulator per se. Perhaps "medium sized fish" getting in before the anticipated weekend sell-offs.

I imagine with each sell-off, there are more and more coins not re-bought as people become more and more bearish.   This would naturally reduce the number of coins held by day traders, limiting future sell-offs somewhat.   Of course there are miners, and long term holders, the latter of which probably are not going to sell without some major bad news.   The miners have always been there, and in the current market, I would bet they are unloading in a more controlled way than just dumping, to avoid slippage.

I would agree with your medium sized fish theory, the big fish sold and bought back in, and he would not make any money selling again now, unless there are several big fish . . .
legendary
These dumps always seems to happen at around 5am UK time, I wonder where whoever keeps doing this is based.

Let's say you sell a huge amount of coins. What would happen, if you sell at A) main trading hours or B) at unregular times, like saturday night? Is it more likely to induce a crash at A or B?

1AM east coast = 3PM Beijing

The new wealthy elite of Bitcoin supernodes is Chinese, do not forget that, gentlemen.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

Let's say you sell a huge amount of coins. What would happen, if you sell at A) main trading hours or B) at unregular times, like saturday night? Is it more likely to induce a crash at A or B?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE

I am puzzled too. Is he trying to stop out people on margins? Is it the actions of a mining company who is just getting whatever they can get. Is it an attempt to screw with the VWAP, which guys like Tangible Cryptography used to set their sell price each day? Are there huge volumes transactions taking place between parties that are below public radar?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
There's hella ton of BTC piles that have to go to fabs to pump out new miner chips... There will be pain

think we are safe for now but ..  as soon as we think.. yes we hit real bottom .. next week or so .. some big ass mofo will dump tha shizzle on us Smiley

The last thing such manufacturers will want to do is sell coins cheaply. Credit may be a more attractive option.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
Like i said previously i sell some coins tonight, its turns out i need more money so next 35k BTC will be dumped over weekend.
Activity: 411
There's hella ton of BTC piles that have to go to fabs to pump out new miner chips... There will be pain

think we are safe for now but ..  as soon as we think.. yes we hit real bottom .. next week or so .. some big ass mofo will dump tha shizzle on us Smiley
Activity: 462

180 with 12days

Cool

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

180 with 12days

Cool

[/quote]
Jump to: