Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32979. (Read 26466957 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Interesting, there is a bidwall of 3000 on Gox at 105.
And a mini one on Bitstamp still of 700 or so.

I think that's called wishful thinking.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
new ask wall  500BTC @ 108.49

time to panic sell?
Did you give up your $180 prediction  Huh

no, I still believe!
do you?

i think most of the resistance will be here at 108ish, once everyone has sold, we can take off, so please bears, sell now
I think 12 days is too soon, but I'm still all in. How can I NOT believe now that we just had the worlds first bitcoin baby  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Interesting, there is a bidwall of 3000 on Gox at 105.
And a mini one on Bitstamp still of 700 or so.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

time to panic sell?
Did you give up your $180 prediction  Huh

no, I still believe!
do you?

i think most of the resistance will be here at 108ish, once everyone has sold, we can take off, so please bears, sell now
legendary

time to panic sell?
Did you give up your $180 prediction  Huh
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

time to panic sell?
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

Is it just me or this canyon has gotten a tad steeper if compared to few days ago?
click on ChartBuddy profile and then click show last posts or click here
this will show you all the wall pic posted

and yes, depth is filling in quite nicely.
It's just lo-fi pattern recognition, but every time things have flattened out like this in the last 3 weeks we've dropped - this is tracking Goomboos 10/21
http://s11.postimg.org/d8aicwl83/Screen_Shot017.jpg

Looking forward to the weekend Smiley

some tried to swim with the big fishie on the 7th, but he played on the 9th... so yeah, maybe Sunday this time, unless... not Smiley

My take is that I think the Whales know they're running out of time - not just because of difficulty and the Asics, but because of China.  Obviously I know that the chips are made in China - but the market was made in the West - if adoption picks up in China then a lot of people with a different attitude to the dollar (and less "play" money) may start to discipline the exchanges.  Just guessing Smiley
legendary

Is it just me or this canyon has gotten a tad steeper if compared to few days ago?

Is that a serious question? Is it just me or is it June 13th while few days ago the day could be expressed with a single digit? Fuck, I'm so observative.
Observe this.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
It's just lo-fi pattern recognition, but every time things have flattened out like this in the last 3 weeks we've dropped - this is tracking Goomboos 10/21

some tried to swim with the big fishie on the 7th, but he played on the 9th... so yeah, maybe Sunday this time, unless... not Smiley
KS
Activity: 448

Is that a serious question? Is it just me or is it June 13th while few days ago the day could be expressed with a single digit? Fuck, I'm so observative.

must be the new glasses!
http://s11.postimg.org/d8aicwl83/Screen_Shot017.jpg

Activity: 252

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 57
I"ve only been around watching the BTC for the last 3 months, and one thing that stands out when zooming out to the full picture volumes where much higher when BTC was valued lower (and when there were less BTC minted). Now it takes less BTC from whales now to "move" the market. So maybe this is because there are more BTC in the market. Is that a good theory?

EDIT: My theory is probably wrong, but it's an interesting observation, and it would be good to see a chart that takes into account the available BTC participating in volume for such charts

It's important to remember the value required to create volume in Bitcoin exchanges.

If Bitcoin is valued at $10, then $100 can move 10BTC, but if Bitcoin is valued at $100, then $100 will only move 1BTC.

On Bitcoincharts.com, at least, if you view all data, click the checkbox on the right to show "Volume in Currency"

That will illustrate the difference.

Yeah, that makes more sense, I did do a second edit suggesting that this might be a factor.

I think the chart would be interesting plotting that value on the right axis, with both charts having their logarithmic axis normalised (as they're not really the same charts atm).

I"ve only been around watching the BTC for the last 3 months, and one thing that stands out when zooming out to the full picture volumes where much higher when BTC was valued lower (and when there were less BTC minted). Now it takes less BTC from whales now to "move" the market. So maybe this is because there are more BTC in the market. Is that a good theory?

EDIT: My theory is probably wrong, but it's an interesting observation, and it would be good to see a chart that takes into account the available BTC participating in volume for such charts

you're confusing me, and that's my job...

In terms of the relationship to the price, using % volume would change the values but wouldn't affect the temporal relationship with the price....maybe.

Smiley

It's late for me and I should have thought a little more before commenting. Off to bed.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
A nice experiment would be to seperate two or more groups of (many) traders, give them the same data to start and see, if they would behave in the same way, but without knowing how the other group does. Both outcomes (they end up with the same result and or not) would tell much about the markets and trading altogether.

It's my opinion that moving away from stocks paying dividends has done much to remove useful indicators from the market.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

you're confusing me, and that's my job...

In terms of the relationship to the price, using % volume would change the values but wouldn't affect the temporal relationship with the price....maybe.
Jump to: