Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32983. (Read 26466892 times)

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Sure sounds like there's a lot of SR vendors on this thread, trying to morally justify they are just that  Roll Eyes

Maybe bitcoin economy is mostly SR afterall...
You are wrong. I never dealt on SR, ever.

Don't take it so seriously, I was just poring oil on the fire  Tongue
That being said, I don't have any moral issues with SR and may very well start dealing there one day. Just don't know what to deal.
10c
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
Sure sounds like there's a lot of SR vendors on this thread, trying to morally justify they are just that  Roll Eyes

Don't take it so seriously, I was just poring oil on the fire  Tongue
Activity: 210
You don't disagree, I don't believe in any moral need to follow laws that are unjust either. But if the statist are going to name you a criminal for doing what's right, then be proud to be a criminal.

No, I do disagree Tongue

They aren't crimes. Some ignorant people (governments mainly) may label them as crimes, but this doesn't make it so.

Stop being silly.  Governments are not ignorant, we only wish them to be. People who break [government] laws are criminals, by definition.  
legendary
10c

I never purchased or sold anything on SR. I did make an account once to see what the fuss was about.

I think most bitcoiners have at one point looked to see what it's all about.
We are Dutch, so nothing special for us.
legendary

legendary
You don't disagree, I don't believe in any moral need to follow laws that are unjust either. But if the statist are going to name you a criminal for doing what's right, then be proud to be a criminal.

No, I do disagree Tongue

They aren't crimes. Some ignorant people (governments mainly) may label them as crimes, but this doesn't make it so.
See that's the thing, it all boils down to definition, but we don't have any power over those. So instead of trying to explain to people that their definition is void, it's better to take on their defintion, their label, and embrace it fully. Yes, I'm a criminal. Yes, I'm a pedophile. Yes, I'm a terrorist. Yes, I launder money. So what? This spurs a much more interesting conversation, than trying to explain what is criminal behaviour and what is not.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Sure sounds like there's a lot of SR vendors on this thread, trying to morally justify they are just that  Roll Eyes

I never purchased or sold anything on SR. I did make an account once to see what the fuss was about.
10c

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

It's just as weird as your conclusion that I seem to live under some kind of illusion Wink
If you believe most criminals have done something morally unjustifiable, you're either morally corrupt or live under the illusion that those crimes have victims, even though they do not.

But I never said anything like that. I only being a criminal is good for the criminal and bad for their victims. If there are no victims then it can't be bad for them.
legendary
Of course bitcoin is the currency of criminals, that's why it was created in the first place, to have a safe haven for criminals. But you need to realize that being a criminal is not a bad thing, it's a good thing.

Now that's something! It's a good thing for the criminal as long as they are not caught, and a bad thing to their victims.
You seem to live under the illusion that every crime has a victim, that is utterly false. In fact, most crimes are completely victimless.

Victimless crimes is logical contradiction. What they call victimless crimes aren't crimes. (blasphemy, prostitution etc.)
Victimless crimes are still crimes. If you break the law, you are a criminal.

I disagree. Morally, one shouldn't be bound to follow laws that are unjust. Just don't get caught/prosecuted.

It's just as weird as your conclusion that I seem to live under some kind of illusion Wink
If you believe most criminals have done something morally unjustifiable, you're either morally corrupt or live under the illusion that those crimes have victims, even though they do not.
Of course bitcoin is the currency of criminals, that's why it was created in the first place, to have a safe haven for criminals. But you need to realize that being a criminal is not a bad thing, it's a good thing.

Now that's something! It's a good thing for the criminal as long as they are not caught, and a bad thing to their victims.
You seem to live under the illusion that every crime has a victim, that is utterly false. In fact, most crimes are completely victimless.

Victimless crimes is logical contradiction. What they call victimless crimes aren't crimes. (blasphemy, prostitution etc.)

Following your line of thought by saying that "being criminal is a good thing" you live under the illusion that every crime is victimless.
That's a weird conclusion. Most crimes are victimless, some are not. But since the majority of criminal actions are victimless, I believe it's fair to say it's a good thing that bitcoin is used by criminals.

legendary

Following your line of thought by saying that "being criminal is a good thing" you live under the illusion that every crime is victimless.
That's a weird conclusion. Most crimes are victimless, some are not. But since the majority of criminal actions are victimless, I believe it's fair to say it's a good thing that bitcoin is used by criminals.
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
or breaking retarded laws...
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Are we still going up up up beacuse it doesn't look like it to me
KS
Activity: 448

Or he's thinking about consenting victims.
KS
(blasphemy, prostitution etc.)
bad examples.

KS

Or rather you cannot easily pinpoint who the victim is. Otherwise it's not a "real" crime.
legendary

Jump to: