Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32981. (Read 26466957 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
What happened to Bitcoinity, down for hours?

working for me.

check bitcoinwisdom.com, quite nice too.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
What happened to Bitcoinity, down for hours?
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
In da Jungle!

Yes it would be fun if people were answering these polls under an oath, otherwise it will be a mix of wishful thinking, manipulation and bullshit.

Ahhh, just like THE FREE MARKET! Smiley
Activity: 351
I'm always grumpy in the morning.
I cannot and will not accept a definition that's internally inconsistent. Even if all others in the world do accept it. You're right this may impede communication.

Good luck in your fight against the windmills of the entire English language, and the futile attempt to appear smart in the process. Yeah that sounds like productive use of time.

Definitions cannot be right or wrong. Per definition.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
lol imagine drug lords standing around waiting 40 minutes for 6 confirmations before finishing their exchanges.

Haha, fantastic image. Guns held, gangsta-style in one hand, smartphone in the other...

That was the image that came to my mind ... could get pretty tense  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

One of the premisses to call something a crime is that it brings harm to others. Therefore the set of "victimless crimes" is empty: {}.

The dictionary and the rest of the world appear to disagree with your use of words. But, of course, you are quite free to wardrobe any crimson that you tarmac.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary

Anyhow, I think it is interesting, and thus fun, thus NOT "pointless"! Smiley

It's not really useful as what people believe of the near future price will be factored into the current price.
legendary

Governments take advantage of this tendency in order to conflate "criminals" (those who break legislated law) with bad people, "crimes" (breaking their laws) with breaking the very rules that allow society to function, their legislated "law" with natural customary law (http://mises.org/journals/scholar/hasnas.pdf). This semantic obfuscation is as insidious as it is powerful and should be confronted whenever possible, in all fields.

malum in se vs. malum prohibitum
Activity: 142
108.90003      0.01000000                 
108.90002      0.01000000

Nice one, boots!
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

I cannot and will not accept a definition that's internally inconsistent. Even if all others in the world do accept it. You're right this may impede communication.

I think at this stage, you need to explain how it is inconsistent and what your definition of "criminal" is.

One of the premisses to call something a crime is that it brings harm to others. Therefore the set of "victimless crimes" is empty: {}.
legendary

I think at this stage, you need to explain how it is inconsistent and what your definition of "criminal" is.
Activity: 153
legendary
That being said, I don't have any moral issues with SR and may very well start dealing there one day. Just don't know what to deal.

Antiques

Edit: Am I the only one here?
legendary
lol imagine drug lords standing around waiting 40 minutes for 6 confirmations before finishing their exchanges.

Haha, fantastic image. Guns held, gangsta-style in one hand, smartphone in the other...
legendary
I'm not talking of Mr Manip who hit twice on Sunday but Silk road retailers, asic companies and other stores who used to liquidate on Friday but now i notice an anticipation from some to Thursday. With those walls currently in place,and if they do stay, maybe the price may hold above 105.

CPI released in 5 days. Not likely to have an effect though probably.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
I like reading this Sir-Bits-A-Lots comments, but don't let the name fool you. https://twitter.com/SirBitsALot

As stated above, I noted rising price on decreasing volume then was going through his twitter feed and it was one straw on my back too many...

Chart: https://twitter.com/SirBitsALot/status/344835329766866945/photo/1
Activity: 252

I beg to differ, even now, it is interesting to see what people think... and the ramifications of the responses, and our knowledge of that affects valuation and actions of each of us!

I think it provides a window on what people think, and thus their view will affect what will actually happen.

And if people believe it will/may go below, say $50, then that means, that most of us who ONLY HAVE BTC, must sell at some point ABOVE $50... thus starting the ball rolling/falling towards that "low" from where it will make a HUGE BOUNCE back to somewhere...

Anyhow, I think it is interesting, and thus fun, thus NOT "pointless"! Smiley

Yes it would be fun if people were answering these polls under an oath, otherwise it will be a mix of wishful thinking, manipulation and bullshit.
Jump to: