Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33043. (Read 26466357 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
In other news we're still in the 109.9999 area.
Weekend is on and Bulls and Bears are already wasted.

But , there is still hope , remember what happend last Sunday morning?  Grin

yaaawn ... so it actually happend..
It's gonna be interesting if we hit the real price trendline (13-30 area ?)

Where in the world did you come up with this price?  I've always said 50-60 but 13-30??   Shocked

There's also long term logarithmic trend support between $20 and $28. That's the one that carried this entire bull market from $2.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I completely get that, which obviously changes sentiment.  Right now, I'd sell everything I own to buy in at 13.  But when faced with 13, I'd probably be wondering if this is the end for bitcoin and I'm about to throw away my money.   Grin  Point being, sentiment can change really quick.

Nice blog-post related to this: http://www.whopperinvestments.com/value-investing-its-easy-until-you-do-it-by-yourself

That was a good read.  It also lead to some other links on mental models, which should help his conclusion make even more sense.  Thanks for this.    Cool
Interesting, $10,000,000 worth of BTC sold on a quiet Sunday morning. I have some coins and AM shares, bought mostly at $100-120, but I'm in for long run (5+ years), so crashes come and go, I'll worry only if there is real danger like bitcoin security weekness, hacking, slow adaptation or goverment ban on bitcoin.

Yes, repeat that and breathe deeply instead of selling and buying 20 dollars lower.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
Interesting, $10,000,000 worth of BTC sold on a quiet Sunday morning. I have some coins and AM shares, bought mostly at $100-120, but I'm in for long run (5+ years), so crashes come and go, I'll worry only if there is real danger like bitcoin security weekness, hacking, slow adaptation or goverment ban on bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
I completely get that, which obviously changes sentiment.  Right now, I'd sell everything I own to buy in at 13.  But when faced with 13, I'd probably be wondering if this is the end for bitcoin and I'm about to throw away my money.   Grin  Point being, sentiment can change really quick.

Nice blog-post related to this: http://www.whopperinvestments.com/value-investing-its-easy-until-you-do-it-by-yourself

cut march/april out of the price graph , and see the trend for the last 2 years
Also when there is a panic drop, we will hit for a few the minimum of minimum , the dip , thats why the 13 Smiley

A lot of other people are thinking the same by the looks of the bids - just look how many bids are on the order book between $10 and $14

How does sentiment factor into this though?  I mean, if you ask anyone if they could buy say $50 coins, they'd say they are all in.  I just think we would run into some serious buying pressure, long before 30 and certainly before 13.  Not saying it's not possible, merely saying I don't think it takes into account other relevant information.  I'm also not sure the bottom is the same anymore, with the number of new people.  All that said, I won't complain.   Grin

$10-$14 and even the $30 ranges are so far away right now that if we ever reach that far the order book will look very different by then.

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

Also when there is a panic drop, we will hit for a few the minimum of minimum , the dip , thats why the 13 Smiley

A lot of other people are thinking the same by the looks of the bids - just look how many bids are on the order book between $10 and $14

How does sentiment factor into this though?  I mean, if you ask anyone if they could buy say $50 coins, they'd say they are all in.  I just think we would run into some serious buying pressure, long before 30 and certainly before 13.  Not saying it's not possible, merely saying I don't think it takes into account other relevant information.  I'm also not sure the bottom is the same anymore, with the number of new people.  All that said, I won't complain.   Grin

$10-$14 and even the $30 ranges are so far away right now that if we ever reach that far the order book will look very different by then.

KS
Activity: 448
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Just zoom out and look at the big picture, guys. Really why are you interested in BTC? For the quick easy buck?

No, but we are in for the buck and that's got a lot more problematic from when you committed to BTC.  So what are newbies to do?

I believe in BTC in the same way I believe in IP4 - the internet learned how to do "money" - big news, and I'm late to the game.  Since only a lunatic would bet against the internet I'd like to put my money where my tech is, but just at the moment it's a suckers market - so beyond all the bulls and bears nonsense - how do we proceed?

I've clocked your buying advice and I'm following Goomboo and Slipperyslope because I'd like to be part of this without getting butt-fucked - but Bitcoin's got an insurmountable problem as a "freedom" protocol if the price for entry is pwnage.

I would wait to enter. And enter gradually. I'm doing that for a couple of friends, waiting and then I will spread the buys among different prices.

Pwnage is what the guys that cashed out for good during or after the 2011 bubble got.

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 98

Thing is, if you get to buy at 50 most likely price will pierce through 50 and then fall even lower, might bounce straight up, might not. That's the dilema, when to catch it.

The price dropped underneath the underlying growth trend at the end of the last bubble, which would be below $25 if it were the same this time.
did the 90$ wall get bought or just moved down to 86?

bought
KS
Activity: 448
did the 90$ wall get bought or just moved down to 86?

Thing is, if you get to buy at 50 most likely price will pierce through 50 and then fall even lower, might bounce straight up, might not. That's the dilema, when to catch it.

Activity: 65
1 week, 3 days, 1 day, 4 hours, 1 hour, etc
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
In other news we're still in the 109.9999 area.
Weekend is on and Bulls and Bears are already wasted.

But , there is still hope , remember what happend last Sunday morning?  Grin

yaaawn ... so it actually happend..
It's gonna be interesting if we hit the real price trendline (13-30 area ?)

Where in the world did you come up with this price?  I've always said 50-60 but 13-30??   Shocked

A lot of people are wishing the same I don't believe they're thinking
Activity: 72
can anyone pls explain to me to what periods of time does these marks "W1 D3 D1 H4 H1 M15 M5 M3 M1" are corelate? at clarkmoody.com, thx

seriously?

yes, thx in advance

It's the width of one of the bars. If you selected M15 one bar will express all the orders done in a 15 minute interval. It's basically the resolution of the chart. If you select a small option like M15 you will get lots of ups and downs but if you take a larger timeframe like D1 you get a clearer picture of what was actually going on in the longterm.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
can anyone pls explain to me to what periods of time does these marks "W1 D3 D1 H4 H1 M15 M5 M3 M1" are corelate? at clarkmoody.com, thx

seriously?

yes, thx in advance

Hint: W stands for Week... figure out the rest.

so the W1 must be one week, that doesn't make much sense to me, could you please stop being so arrogant and just explain, thank you, sir.

Week
Day
Hour
Minute

Followed by a number which is the number of units so H1 is 1 hour and H4 is 4 hours.
Jump to: