Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33119. (Read 26465721 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

Touches 119. Not much resistance to 120+
Floating Walls. Test of 120
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Let's see if the support line holds at around $117. I think it will but the market doesn't care about what I think. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Technocash may be in trouble and scared after the LR case, they are known to serve payment processors such as solidtrust pay, which are heavily used for ponzi schemes and other illegal activities. "Profitable Sunrise" funds apparently went through their systems.

.... and now the price is falling...
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I drew a nice line, not sure if anyone posted something similar yet in here. Smiley

http://s21.postimg.org/jzi4pmodx/support.jpg

can't see it.. am i the only one?
legendary
Activity: 1428
What if their Japanese bank decides to discontinue business them due to US pressure Huh

No more bank wire from big boys to absorb new coins..

legendary
Activity: 1246
I drew a nice line, not sure if anyone posted something similar yet in here. Smiley

Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
What's happening is all these companies are realizing it's dangerous to do business with bitcoin exchanges or any online payment system. Technocash probably looked at the Dwolla seizure, Liberty Reserve, Perfect Money's recent actions - and was like FUCK THAT. We ain't gettin our hands dirty.

So we are seeing fewer and fewer funding and withdrawal methods. According to the logic of some, price should have tanked already, each time news like that came out and the effect hit.  Roll Eyes
Wouldn't a series of such stories potentially have a cumulative effect?  What if a major bank decided to refuse MtGox transactions too?

Tin foil hat and cheap coin collection tin on standby...
Activity: 448
What's happening is all these companies are realizing it's dangerous to do business with bitcoin exchanges or any online payment system. Technocash probably looked at the Dwolla seizure, Liberty Reserve, Perfect Money's recent actions - and was like FUCK THAT. We ain't gettin our hands dirty.

So we are seeing fewer and fewer funding and withdrawal methods. According to the logic of some, price should have tanked already, each time news like that came out and the effect hit.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
MtGox loses another payment method:

Statement Regarding Technocash Transfers
TOKYO - JAPAN - June 4th, 2013   After some deliberation and discussion with Technocash, an Australian service for Mt. Gox customer account funding and withdrawals, it has been decided that our customers in Australia will no longer be able to deposit and withdraw funds in AUD using Technocash starting June 15th, 2013.  We are working on alternatives for our Australian customers, but in the meantime please use other available methods such as international wire transfers, which are available in your customer accounts. Withdrawals via Technocash will be processed as long as we possibly can, and we will make our best effort to keep this method available.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and look forward to evolving with the vibrant Australian market.  
Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20130604.html

Does anyone know why?  Is this linked to Liberty Reserve?  Will they ever post some good news?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
It says it is an ask/bid ratio (not bid/ask ratio), so I'm confused a bit as to what I am looking for.
Can you walk me through an example, please?  Grin

Damn, sorry about that. The label of the chart was not correct !
I just fixed it and added a checkbox so that you can disable normalization of the total Bids/Asks ratio.
So now, you have :
bids/asks ratio = (sum bids / sum asks)
normalized bids/asks ratio = (sum bids / sum asks) /  rate

Please reload the page until you see the checkbox Cheesy

ps: sorry guys for those off-topic messages, Coinorama.net has its own thread here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coinoramanet-btc-markets-network-charts-blocks-list-216861

fuck off-topic, thanks for posting this.... *extremely* useful tool, and exactly what I've been asking for in a thread a while ago: something that combines data from different markets, which is increasingly important as the dominance of mtgox is diminishing.
Activity: 798
The last two times the graph looked like this, the price rallied.

When everyone panics --> price recovers.
When everyone says "rocket to the moon" --> price falls.

So I am not pleased with you promoting bullish sentiments.  Tongue
Please go back panic with the others, or the party is over.  Wink

And one thing you can guarantee is that Jaroslaw shows up with that same image within a tick or two of the bottom ...  Roll Eyes
About the most reliable buying signal there is  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 354
Merit: 251
coinorama.net
It says it is an ask/bid ratio (not bid/ask ratio), so I'm confused a bit as to what I am looking for.
Can you walk me through an example, please?  Grin

Damn, sorry about that. The label of the chart was not correct !
I just fixed it and added a checkbox so that you can disable normalization of the total Bids/Asks ratio.
So now, you have :
bids/asks ratio = (sum bids / sum asks)
normalized bids/asks ratio = (sum bids / sum asks) /  rate

Please reload the page until you see the checkbox Cheesy

ps: sorry guys for those off-topic messages, Coinorama.net has its own thread here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coinoramanet-btc-markets-network-charts-blocks-list-216861
legendary
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Just opened the first page of this thread by accident.  It's morning here, took a few posts for the mistake to sink in Cheesy  Things look a bit better.

http://s8.postimg.org/qs2k1t89h/Untitled_1.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Anyone know the bid ask on the other exchanges, or maybe an overall average?

Hi, I am showing the bid ask sum for BTC-e on http://www.coinorama.net.
It's the second chart on the left (well actually, I divide the bid ask sum by the current rate so that if the ratio is > 1, it means that the bids sum is higher than asks sum).

Hey there, thanks for the link. Bookmarked and following, and looking for that > 1 ratio  Grin
Any more info on the charts or things to keep an eye out on? I'm still in the learning phase.

Appreciated,
IAS

edit - can you clarify what you do, as I see it already is a ratio (2nd chart on left)

Thanks for following Smiley
The second chart on the left is : normalized_ratio = (sum bids / sum asks) /  current_rate
What you were looking for initially was : ratio = (sum bids / sum asks)
Switching from the regular ratio to the normalized one is pretty straightforward, I should add an option to do that !

Can you walk me through an example, please?  Grin
Activity: 354
Merit: 251
coinorama.net

It's the second chart on the left (well actually, I divide the bid ask sum by the current rate so that if the ratio is > 1, it means that the bids sum is higher than asks sum).

Hey there, thanks for the link. Bookmarked and following, and looking for that > 1 ratio  Grin
Any more info on the charts or things to keep an eye out on? I'm still in the learning phase.

Appreciated,
IAS

edit - can you clarify what you do, as I see it already is a ratio (2nd chart on left)

Thanks for following Smiley
The second chart on the left is : normalized_ratio = (sum bids / sum asks) /  current_rate
What you were looking for initially was : ratio = (sum bids / sum asks)
Switching from the regular ratio to the normalized one is pretty straightforward, I should add an option to do that !
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
The last two times the graph looked like this, the price rallied.

When everyone panics --> price recovers.
When everyone says "rocket to the moon" --> price falls.

So I am not pleased with you promoting bullish sentiments.  Tongue
Please go back panic with the others, or the party is over.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

Appreciated,
IAS

Jump to: