Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33120. (Read 26465722 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
It wasn't a proof, I just found the argument funny.  Wink
(And I don't really agree... the longer we wait without news, the more the hype can diminish...)

Also, MtGox is still the uncontested leader in terms of volume:
http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

eheheh, as I said, I like the Matrix and all that it represents.

Regarding no news and hype diminishing. Well, two points, if the volume dries up and the price drops I think many of us will just buy more shares at lower prices.
Point two - We are seeing infrastructure for BTC being built now. The VC money is only speeding things up. So, we are approaching a point where we don't or won't need
hype any more. We will be saving people money on transactions for starters. This is where the fun will begin.

And that is why BTC is so exciting, in part anyway. We are in so many markets. We are a store of value, like a commodity in a way. We are a currency, a payment system (of sorts), etc.
More reason to be careful with making too big of an exit. Even when one considers fear based news like "The FED is looking into BTC..."

Yeah, MtGox is still king, but I was getting at the outflow of money confusing the data, in particular over the last two or three weeks, or so.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250

Expecting: To 125 and Dip.
Activity: 894
Merit: 501

you have to admit it at least looks familiar (even if the x2 buttom kills the little bit my theory), and anayway i hardly doubt we can brake 124-125 with this kind of volume

so... drop to 100 then... (if you're right).

And then? People will buy again, it will go up, then another drop to 80?
How does this make sense? After a crash people buy and the price will go up so you will always find this back in the charts.

The last two times the graph looked like this, the price rallied.

edit - I've no idea how the order book compares for those instances though
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

i meant broke not brake (my bad)  Wink
Activity: 734
Merit: 500
not if you brake the flag..

but here something more important imo

if we brake the resistance im rly bull until then i've still some real doubts

There have been some of these Edges the last weeks, and nothing really happened...
not if you brake the flag..

but here something more important imo

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/548902Capturedu20130604092823.png

if we broke the resistance im rly bull until then i've still some real doubts
Activity: 354
Merit: 251
coinorama.net
Anyone know the bid ask on the other exchanges, or maybe an overall average?

Hi, I am showing the bid ask sum for BTC-e on http://www.coinorama.net.
It's the second chart on the left (well actually, I divide the bid ask sum by the current rate so that if the ratio is > 1, it means that the bids sum is higher than asks sum).
legendary
Activity: 434
It wasn't a proof, I just found the argument funny.  Wink
(And I don't really agree... the longer we wait without news, the more the hype can diminish...)

Also, MtGox is still the uncontested leader in terms of volume:
http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

you have to admit it at least looks familiar (even if the x2 buttom kills the little bit my theory), and anayway i hardly doubt we can brake 124-125 with this kind of volume

so... drop to 100 then... (if you're right).

And then? People will buy again, it will go up, then another drop to 80?
How does this make sense? After a crash people buy and the price will go up so you will always find this back in the charts.
legendary
Antifragile
The good thing is that a great announcement is innevitable and the longer we sit the better we are.

When one starts quoting from movies as proof, that is a bull signal. And I LOVED MATRIX!  Grin
legendary
Antifragile

I'm following Gox like the rest of you, but we all know we can't give it the same importance since the exodus, that we once did. (e.g. - Those Bid Ask sums have not "made sense" recently due to a few reasons brought up here).

Anyone know the bid ask on the other exchanges, or maybe an overall average?
Activity: 434
The good thing is that a great announcement is innevitable and the longer we sit the better we are.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Looking at past action, you would always do well to hold (unless you can call those tops and bottoms like a pro - but do you want to get caught with your pants down considering what we are talking about with BTC?)

Interesting...
If really you want to be the careful type, shouldn't you wait on the sideline with your fiat ready, as price has a tendency to fall faster than going up?

It depends, do you want to exit on sideways movement and pay capital gains AND maybe see it go up and not down? And, it already went down hard - you are betting the correction is NOT over. We don't know.
It sure may go down, it is like we are between movements, but do you want to chance it?

Of course a bad announcement may come, but we've withstood a few hard ones fine. But another Cyprus probably means another run up and there are a lot more Cyprus' out there than DHS'...
We got guidance from the government and watching the news and researching shows that our economic system is NOT looking good. See Ireland, Greece, Italy, Spain, Japan, etc.

The last point you made is why I'm not comfortable going to sleep with fiat on the sideline. There are so many opportunities for GREAT news, and decreasing room for significant bad news (imo). The good news (for Bitcoin) could range anywhere from failing fiat systems to big companies getting involved in Bitcoin and I think the first mover advantage is too big of an opportunity for a lot of companies to put the idea on the back burner for long.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
legendary
Antifragile
Looking at past action, you would always do well to hold (unless you can call those tops and bottoms like a pro - but do you want to get caught with your pants down considering what we are talking about with BTC?)

Interesting...
If really you want to be the careful type, shouldn't you wait on the sideline with your fiat ready, as price has a tendency to fall faster than going up?

It depends, do you want to exit on sideways movement and pay capital gains AND maybe see it go up and not down? And, it already went down hard - you are betting the correction is NOT over. We don't know.
It sure may go down, it is like we are between movements, but do you want to chance it?

The good thing is that a great announcement is innevitable and the longer we sit (moving sideways) the better we are.
Of course a bad announcement may come, but we've withstood a few hard ones fine. But another Cyprus probably means another run up and there are a lot more Cyprus' out there than DHS'...
We got guidance from the government and watching the news and researching shows that our economic system is NOT looking good. See Ireland, Greece, Italy, Spain, Japan, etc.
legendary

1 semi big buy.   and we go over -> 126$
you will see support flying in Smiley but it's not the right time now..

maybe in 2 days.. when people get it.. they sold low

you see we bulls can play the fud game too..  maybe i'll add some graphs too next time..

so a semi big buy = 6k for you ?  Grin
until i dont see the big whales turning bullish im not convinced..
Activity: 411

1 semi big buy.   and we go over -> 126$
you will see support flying in Smiley but it's not the right time now..

maybe in 2 days.. when people get it.. they sold low

you see we bulls can play the fud game too..  maybe i'll add some graphs too next time..

Jump to: