Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33334. (Read 26463083 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is $101 at BTC-E right now
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
And to be honest, I kind of like this "unregulated" market.

Me too Cheesy
I should probably post this in the tech/dev section, but since MtGox is down, here's my proposal for a true P2P Bitcoin network independent of DARPA-tainted interwebz:

Where's the sauna vault?  Tongue

+1

I can't see much difference between telemaco's and reptilian logic.  Who would'a thunked the sauna was not secure?  
Activity: 56
...I really hope this guy goes to jail. In my life i have seen such an incompetence....
savers lose their hard earned money. Just one catastrophic failure after the other and never learn.
Please.  You're on *speculation forum*  bitching about an overseas currency exchange.  You are not a saver.  You're a speculator -- chin up, bud!  

I am not a saver, but i wouldn't say that there are not any saver around using mtgox and losing money with MtGox Lag or even at this very moment with their inhability to log into MtGox (or maybe yesterday night with ANOTHER outage).

Whoah. Savers are unaffected by lag -- only traders can get hurt.  The money changers.  Savers are fine (stupid to use Mt.Gox as a bank, but fine otherwise).

There are some services that need 24x7 SLAs and have to run 99,99% of the time. Mt Gox service compared with another IT company online-rate would compare to a potato chips third league online webpage. They are playing with people's money and they should start to be 24x7. They are hurting all the Bitcoin economy.

The only money Mt.Gox is playing with is that of ultra-high risk traders, who are willing to use Gox's services knowing full well how bad they are.  Part of the game.

And to those saying (why don't you do it youself?): If my son needs to go to the hospital and they cut off the other leg, i cannot complain because the doctor would say (hey!! why didn't you learn medicine?)

If you took your son to a totally unregulated hospital, and your friends, family & everyone with nothing better to do told you how awful the hospital is, and that wrong legs of children are cut off dayly...  What was the question again?

He actually has a right to be pissed. It's one thing to be screwed by the market itself, but how would you feel if you lost money in your bank account because your bank fucked up?

As for me, this sort of shit is inevitable. How old is BTC? How old is MtGox?

We are taking a journey through the new world, you can't expect less, hell, it should be worse.

EDIT: Though, I'm pretty pissed at America all the time so I don't blame MtGox for any American centric issues.

My point is lousy exchanges are a part of unregulated market (as it stands -- i'm not saying it's intrinsic to lack of regulation).  A trader is responsible for taking all the risks into account.

You're right.

And to be honest, I kind of like this "unregulated" market.
...I really hope this guy goes to jail. In my life i have seen such an incompetence....
savers lose their hard earned money. Just one catastrophic failure after the other and never learn.
Please.  You're on *speculation forum*  bitching about an overseas currency exchange.  You are not a saver.  You're a speculator -- chin up, bud!  

I am not a saver, but i wouldn't say that there are not any saver around using mtgox and losing money with MtGox Lag or even at this very moment with their inhability to log into MtGox (or maybe yesterday night with ANOTHER outage).

Whoah. Savers are unaffected by lag -- only traders can get hurt.  The money changers.  Savers are fine (stupid to use Mt.Gox as a bank, but fine otherwise).

There are some services that need 24x7 SLAs and have to run 99,99% of the time. Mt Gox service compared with another IT company online-rate would compare to a potato chips third league online webpage. They are playing with people's money and they should start to be 24x7. They are hurting all the Bitcoin economy.

The only money Mt.Gox is playing with is that of ultra-high risk traders, who are willing to use Gox's services knowing full well how bad they are.  Part of the game.

And to those saying (why don't you do it youself?): If my son needs to go to the hospital and they cut off the other leg, i cannot complain because the doctor would say (hey!! why didn't you learn medicine?)

If you took your son to a totally unregulated hospital, and your friends, family & everyone with nothing better to do told you how awful the hospital is, and that wrong legs of children are cut off dayly...  What was the question again?

He actually has a right to be pissed. It's one thing to be screwed by the market itself, but how would you feel if you lost money in your bank account because your bank fucked up?

We are taking a journey through the new world, you can't expect less, hell, it should be worse.

EDIT: Though, I'm pretty pissed at America all the time so I don't blame MtGox for any American centric issues.

My point is lousy exchanges are a part of unregulated market (as it stands -- i'm not saying it's intrinsic to lack of regulation).  A trader is responsible for taking all the risks into account.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon
I should probably post this in the tech/dev section, but since MtGox is down, here's my proposal for a true P2P Bitcoin network independent of DARPA-tainted interwebz:

+1
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin
+1

wow those are beautiful words, you even have a picture ...

so customers cannot complain? I used to be system administrator for a very important telecom company and took care of many systems running critical services and when there were outages (there are always unexpected problems of course) everyone and his mother would do everything in heaven and hell to make sure that the same problem would not happen again.

I see outages here everywhere ... Some companies give a discount when there are outages, some others publish some kind words. Seriously i am really patient, and really understand many problems that might arise with administration but lately things are getting slightly out of control ...
Complain all you want, just don't come with bullshit such as "mark should go to jail".

You are right that was not necessary
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
Let's give strange the benefit of the doubt here. He acknowledges that his understanding is limited.

I believe it's actually Coinseeker who acknowledged that. :-)

You're right, in that case the benefit of the doubt may be a stretch, since he's quite obvious in his desire to spread FUD. My bad.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
BitStamp dump time again...
Activity: 56

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
- Benjamin Franklin
+1

so customers cannot complain? I used to be system administrator for a very important telecom company and took care of many systems running critical services and when there were outages (there are always unexpected problems of course) everyone and his mother would do everything in heaven and hell to make sure that the same problem would not happen again.

I see outages here everywhere ... Some companies give a discount when there are outages, some others publish some kind words. Seriously i am really patient, and really understand many problems that might arise with administration but lately things are getting slightly out of control ...
Complain all you want, just don't come with bullshit such as "mark should go to jail".
Activity: 420
so customers cannot complain?

I can't imagine anyone would say that or even imply it. Complaining is what you should do, but when you start advocating for someone to be locked up, the rest of your arguments get tainted by the crazy.

- Benjamin Franklin
+1

Let's give strange the benefit of the doubt here. He acknowledges that his understanding is limited.

I believe it's actually Coinseeker who acknowledged that. :-)
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
Not familiar with any laws (or how to read them lawyer speak) so might a dumb question...but does the USD being legal tender in the US mean that other currencies are illegal? Or the other currencies can still be be used but just not legally obliged to be accepted?

From my limited understanding as well (so nothing dumb about it, my friend) a business can not accept a foriegn currency.  It can only deal in US legal tender.  It's not illegal to possess them, but to spend them in the US, on US goods and services is a clear violation of US policy.

So by that thinking, and as one stated earlier, owning Bitcoins is not illegal.  Using them is or at least technically.

Every single gas station and grocery store in the USA along the Canadian border accept Canadian dollars.

The concept at play is "legal tender". All that means is that if there is a debt to be settled within the jurisdiction of the US courts, the receiving party cannot refuse to have that debt settled in US dollars.

In other words, any two parties can agree on any kind of payment they so choose. But if one party says "I will pay you in US dollars" the other party can't refuse.
What a piece of shit Mt Gox is. I really hope this guy goes to jail. In my life i have seen such an incompetence. How many millions have been lost due to this guy inability to run this company.

I get that you're ticked off, but no one, anywhere should lose their freedom because one of the thousands of government forms wasn't completed. That there are criminal penalties for this kind of thing at all is surely a sign of the apocalypse.

Civil fines, yes. Criminal penalties, GTFO.

As for Gox and their incompetence, let the market decide their fate.

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
- Benjamin Franklin
+1

Jump to: