Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33336. (Read 26463083 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I don't know why everyone is hoping for a DDOS. That's only going to hurt Bitcoins reputation even more, so nobody will take it seriously anymore. It's gonna hurt Bitcoins value in the long run...

I thnik that people will have more immunity to bad news, so it's very good. More crashes, more immunity, more stability in the long run
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I don't know why everyone is hoping for a DDOS. That's only going to hurt Bitcoins reputation even more, so nobody will take it seriously anymore. It's gonna hurt Bitcoins value in the long run...
Hasn't hurt its reputation yet, they happen so often no one cares. Really isn't an issue.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
positive little bitcoin segment on cnbc, positive in that it wasn't negative at least, win I'd say.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!
Unless nothing happens, as the last few DDOS.

Bitcoin has a talent for being dramatic when you expect nothing, and really boring when you think it will crash or go up.

(The time for DDOS was yesterday damnit! Would have had sub $100 coins!)
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
MtGox is having some issues right now...

this could be it

Let's all panic buy/sell!

Oh, wait...

Who was it that said this would be a horrible time for DDoS?  Cheesy

This could get ugly. Fortunately if it does it'll be good for me  Grin

After all this time just watching the market and waiting, to finally be back in the game...

feels good man
MtGox is having some issues right now...

this could be it

Let's all panic buy/sell!

Oh, wait...
Activity: 56
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
I've said it before and i'm saying it again. Mark clearly doesn't have what it takes to run a company with the responsibility and size of Mt.Gox. He should sell it and retire for his own good.

mtgox has a lot on its plate
thats why coinlab...
come on coinlab
time is now!
Activity: 42
Are we seeing panic buying yet?

I am afraid the trading engine has been stopped.
It's not totally dead -- page loads before timing out about half the time, and the price has gone down to Last price:$113.15001, so someone's trading...
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

Not sure. Thought it was just a failure to upload but there was no png created. I'm running manually.

Ah, bad data from Gox causing a crash.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
I've said it before and i'm saying it again. Mark clearly doesn't have what it takes to run a company with the responsibility and size of Mt.Gox. He should sell it and retire for his own good.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

no, just panic selling
Activity: 531
Merit: 505

I am afraid the trading engine has been stopped.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Maybe is just a continuation of the limitations in United States against online gambling

If is something related to gambling and the warrant issuer feds from Maryland continue their war against online gambling the bad news might not be so severe in the way that it might not be worldwide (they have limited gambling related sites from usa but not from the rest of the world), so the damage to bitcoin might not be "global" with warrant requests all over the world like they requested from New Zealand to fight against K. Dotcom. Also fighting against gambling might not have the same popular backing as calling a war against bitcoin in order to fight terrorism, child abuse or some other things so might be quite impopular for them to just declare war on bitcoin. That is not reason enough for a total war against bitcoin and I hope for that reason we won't see requests to ban MtGox on Japan or continuation of seizures with other US exchanges.

Based on the warrant, the seizure seems to be solely caused by Gox's failure to register as a MSB.
Activity: 288
ManualMiner
SZD
Activity: 33
Activity: 420
Also fighting against gambling might not have the same popular backing as calling a war against bitcoin in order to fight terrorism, child abuse or some other things so might be quite impopular for them to just declare war on bitcoin.

The connection to online gambling makes sense, as the Feds have proven in the past that they will take down payment processers who enable it.

A few years ago, the Australian owner of a payment processor was arrested while he was in Vegas.
http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/internet-gambling-payment-processor-arrested-in-las-vegas-9864/

And there have been many other processors that have had their funds seized for getting anywhere near gambling.
Activity: 42
Seems like a ddos on Mt.Gox loads once in a while, price 15 secs ago was 14.985 showing.
Jump to: