Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33386. (Read 26462607 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
IF we do succeed then these prices will seem like nothing (do the math regarding the float). If we don't succeed then I'm sure we still took part in one of the greatest experiments in recent history. Think about that - governments and wealthy individuals have always controlled money. This is the first step away from that (that I can think of). Still nice to say, years from now, that you tried to do your part to change things.  And if things really take off, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that it is truly all about sharing. I'm game when that time comes, we are all in this together. (Emphasis by Pzi4nk)

I like your overall message but I wonder about the part I highlighted. Do you really think bitcoin is immune from the manipulations of wealthy people, much less governments?

Not to be inflamitory but it seems to me wherever there's a market it can be manipulated by great wealth.

The thing is (at least for me): parasitic governments currently have (at least) two major ways to milk the populous: taxes and "the hidden inflation tax". The latter one will not be possible with sound money. This means governments will have to produce their income from visible taxation. They also have to act responsibly fiscally (just like every other entity) because they wont be able to just borrow in a virtually unlimited fashion.

This hopefully results in leaner, more responsible and more accountable governments and a overall better situation for the people living under them.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon
IF we do succeed then these prices will seem like nothing (do the math regarding the float). If we don't succeed then I'm sure we still took part in one of the greatest experiments in recent history. Think about that - governments and wealthy individuals have always controlled money. This is the first step away from that (that I can think of). Still nice to say, years from now, that you tried to do your part to change things.  And if things really take off, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that it is truly all about sharing. I'm game when that time comes, we are all in this together. (Emphasis by Pzi4nk)

I like your overall message but I wonder about the part I highlighted. Do you really think bitcoin is immune from the manipulations of wealthy people, much less governments?

Not to be inflamitory but it seems to me wherever there's a market it can be manipulated by great wealth.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
Gox is slow and unavailable. Goxxing never stops..

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving https://mtgox.com/index.html. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

works ok for me
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
legendary
Activity: 1428
Gox is slow and unavailable. Goxxing never stops..

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving https://mtgox.com/index.html. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

That valley only gets deeper. I wanted to hope the price would rise, but I think we're going to stick right around this price point. Too much on either side to move much.
legendary
legendary
We start the day with a nice bump

legendary
legendary
It can last weeks.

That's not very long in the grand scheme of things.

I beg to differ. Confidence is about knowing we won't tank. Compare with 2011. We're doing pretty good.

And what happens if we do tank?

The price will probably go down to sub $50 levels and eventually rebound after a period of consolidation.

It will be a very good buying opportunity but calling the real low won't be easy as there will be many lows with 'bounces' on the way down.

Fuck calling a bottom, buy every x% down.  If you want to get a better price and trust there will be a lot more downward movement, increase the order size at each level.

That's exactly what I do.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
It can last weeks.

I beg to differ. Confidence is about knowing we won't tank. Compare with 2011. We're doing pretty good.

Don't be all in or all out. If we tank than use your cash to pick up more shares. If we go up then at least you don't have to buy in later 2X as much.

I know this is a speculation thread but we shouldn't really lose sight of the point here. It isn't about making money per say. It is about helping a new money to get a foothold. It is about being an early adopter to a revolutionary and risky idea. I'm cool with all that.

So, instead of what others find to be a good entry point, make that decision for yourself. All I have to look at is the current "float" - 11 million is nothing. That is worth taking a chance over.

IF we do succeed then these prices will seem like nothing (do the math regarding the float). If we don't succeed then I'm sure we still took part in one of the greatest experiments in recent history. Think about that - governments and wealthy individuals have always controlled money. This is the first step away from that (that I can think of). Still nice to say, years from now, that you tried to do your part to change things.  And if things really take off, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that it is truly all about sharing. I'm game when that time comes, we are all in this together.

I'm afraid I can't see that.  Yeah, it makes money for people, but it makes more money for people who have more money.  This shifts some of that control around a bit, but it isn't revolutionary in that way.  It is revolutionary in that it allows people to trade without involving fiat.  That potential isn't realized yet, but it is there.  The potential to make it all about sharing?  Not so much.
legendary
It can last weeks.

The price will probably go down to sub $50 levels and eventually rebound after a period of consolidation.

It will be a very good buying opportunity but calling the real low won't be easy as there will be many lows with 'bounces' on the way down.

I'm convinced $50 was the bottom. It would be nice to be able to buy some $30 coins, but that's only wishful thinking. No more sub $50 coins I'm afraid
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
It can last weeks.

Don't be all in or all out. If we tank than use your cash to pick up more shares. If we go up then at least you don't have to buy in later 2X as much.

I know this is a speculation thread but we shouldn't really lose sight of the point here. It isn't about making money per say. It is about helping a new money to get a foothold. It is about being an early adopter to a revolutionary and risky idea. I'm cool with all that.

So, instead of what others find to be a good entry point, make that decision for yourself. All I have to look at is the current "float" - 11 million is nothing. That is worth taking a chance over.

IF we do succeed then these prices will seem like nothing (do the math regarding the float). If we don't succeed then I'm sure we still took part in one of the greatest experiments in recent history. Think about that - governments and wealthy individuals have always controlled money. This is the first step away from that (that I can think of). Still nice to say, years from now, that you tried to do your part to change things.  And if things really take off, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that it is truly all about sharing. I'm game when that time comes, we are all in this together.

Great post
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
It can last weeks.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

If you find the 3-D depth chart unhelpful, then simply ignore the Chartbuddy user - its a bot.

I just find it confusing. How is one to interpret the chart?

mtgoxlive.com over time... each post is snapshots taken over the previous hour
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon

If you find the 3-D depth chart unhelpful, then simply ignore the Chartbuddy user - its a bot.

I just find it confusing. How is one to interpret the chart?
legendary
Jump to: