Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33479. (Read 26461799 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Thank you for all the coins. Rpietila has bought 2,500,000mBTC, left the trading desk, and will join the guests in his conference.

Speaking of oneself in the third person is a bad sign indeed, my friend Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
no more double digits?  Huh
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Thank you for all the coins. Rpietila has bought 2,500,000mBTC, left the trading desk, and will join the guests in his conference.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Fake or real it doesn't really matter. Someone with 8k coins is trying to keep the price down. He's sitting there hoping to get some panic sellers. If he does he'll probably dump 1-2k also.

While he might not want to sell and he'll pull the wall, he's still trying to push the price down. Which means you take the price drop with a grain of salt. It's not the market moving down, it's someone who's pumping/dumping trying to make money. BTC market is small enough one person can push the price around pretty easily. Someone pushed the price up with bid walls twice last weekend so it works in both directions. It could very well be the same person.  Grin

IMO the whales are the market. What percentage of traded BTC do you think they own?

I agree.

If you take out market buys of 50k or more and market sells of 500 or more of BTC, the market is extremely stable. It's the big dumps/buys that move the market, then it just chills. Sadly there's money to be made pumping/dumping which is where almost all of the volatility comes from.

I'd say 80% of the BTC/USD on Gox is owned by 40 people.
This lag is so getting on my fucking nerves. Fix your shit Mt.Gox  Sad

max 50 sec as far as i saw ... not to bad

Not too bad? It's completely unacceptable.

not in serious/professional markets, your are absolutely right
but hey, this is bitcoin!, this is MtGox!
what do you expect?

based on earlier experience every lag below 1 minute is a low lag Wink
didn't you know before entering the market?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Fake or real it doesn't really matter. Someone with 8k coins is trying to keep the price down. He's sitting there hoping to get some panic sellers. If he does he'll probably dump 1-2k also.

While he might not want to sell and he'll pull the wall, he's still trying to push the price down. Which means you take the price drop with a grain of salt. It's not the market moving down, it's someone who's pumping/dumping trying to make money. BTC market is small enough one person can push the price around pretty easily. Someone pushed the price up with bid walls twice last weekend so it works in both directions. It could very well be the same person.  Grin

IMO the whales are the market. What percentage of traded BTC do you think they own?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
This lag is so getting on my fucking nerves. Fix your shit Mt.Gox  Sad

max 50 sec as far as i saw ... not to bad

Not too bad? It's completely unacceptable.
so go compare with daily volumes of the last 90 days and tell me something more about roofs again please ... Wink

edit: added a "s" for plural of roof

What you want 70k from the 266 drop? Obviously I am not predicting that kind of movement... At any rate we will see. I'll be happy to be wrong and I'll be happy to be right. I'm win-win at this point.

how ever ...

average daily volume last 30 days @MtGox was 177,988.730148 BTC
roof was higher

source: http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/mtgoxUSD.html
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Whoa, 8000 BTC wall around 105. I wonder if that will scare people back down to double digits.
That wall is as fake as they get..

Activity: 252
You're going to see a run up to 110 in just a few minutes. 

The problem is someone with 5-7k in coins is doing his best to prevent that. Fake or not, they work. Given the coin dumps, the aggressive bid walls, the market response was fairly bullish.

True and I'm still learning to read these charts.  Was putting positive into the universe.   Grin  
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Whoa, 8000 BTC wall around 105. I wonder if that will scare people back down to double digits.
Yet it is somewhat effective..

Only till someone buys it up
Yes, people got to learn his tricks
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Activity: 224

Only till someone buys it up
Activity: 238
Activity: 280
Triangle closing soon, up or down?

Activity: 116
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
Activity: 224
That guy putting up and pulling those walls is a tard. The more he changes his mind the less credible it becomes. I hope some guy puts in a massive buy order at 110 and eats it up. Will be a great lol for me

Love the thread. Expect a retest of $79 low from May 3rd. Do not expect a breach of this level. If so (a breach), a quick drop of $20 would be expected with a severe upside bounce after that.

Jump to: