Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33516. (Read 26461345 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
We will break 125 tmr. Bearish? you wish.
Activity: 448
this statement is false
The strong price action, leads me to think, we'll see 134 soon.  Cry  Cry

doubt it, this movement just completed a still-bearish wedge.

General TA question, how do you factor in the order book? Not just in what you're seeing now, but in general when you look over the data. The depth, the consolidation, the consolidation at price points. What percetnage of the asks are real, what percentage get pulled as the bid wall approaches? Does that even matter?

i don't put much stock in it. the standing orders have less and less of an influence on the market the further you get from the current price point, because bluffing is low cost without the risk of your 'fake' wall being filled.

also, i try to determine points of resistance from direct price history analysis rather than walls in the order book. from my experience, there is usually a wall at a 'real' support/resistance, but the relationship isn't two-ways. just because there is a wall, doesn't mean it is a real support/resistance.

basically, i ignore it for the most part. reading the tide-like ebb and flow of the spread near the price point is minimally useful for anticipating micro-term movements, but beyond that it isn't good data for analysis, in my experience.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
When do you see this happening? I would think the influx of investors on Tuesday would necessitate it happening before then.

Why would a bunch of new money on Tuesday cause the price to go sub-$100?

He's saying the influx makes it necessary for a such a dip, if it is going to happen, to occur before the new money arrives.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
When do you see this happening? I would think the influx of investors on Tuesday would necessitate it happening before then.

Why would a bunch of new money on Tuesday cause the price to go sub-$100?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Let's not forget that a major bubble popped less than 30 days ago. It took one year for the price to return to $30 after the 2011 bubble. For me the only thing holding us back from the strong downward pressure from the last crash is the Chinese news. People have been squabbling over what this news means in the short-range. What are the implications of this for the months to come? This is MAJOR progress for bitcoin. The Chinese government is most certainly backing bitcoin as we have had multiple media leaks endorsing it. It cannot be an isolated event.

Buy the rumour, sell the news. They (CCP) are now loaded, and may be ready to cash out short term. Long term china will be a major playa.

Yes, it will go back sub-100 briefly, goat is right.

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

General TA question, how do you factor in the order book? Not just in what you're seeing now, but in general when you look over the data. The depth, the consolidation, the consolidation at price points. What percetnage of the asks are real, what percentage get pulled as the bid wall approaches? Does that even matter?

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Let's not forget that a major bubble popped less than 30 days ago. It took one year for the price to return to $30 after the 2011 bubble. For me the only thing holding us back from the strong downward pressure from the last crash is the Chinese news. People have been squabbling over what this news means in the short-range. What are the implications of this for the months to come? This is MAJOR progress for bitcoin. The Chinese government is most certainly backing bitcoin as we have had multiple media leaks endorsing it. It cannot be an isolated event.

Buy the rumour, sell the news. They (CCP) are now loaded, and may be ready to cash out short term. Long term china will be a major playa.

Yes, it will go back sub-100 briefly, goat is right.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
All i know is rpietila has fun. No matter what he is doing, at least he's taking the bull by the horns and doing something..

We need more people in the world like him.

Thank you for these kind words, sir.

But please remember that at times, 40% of this thread is metatalk about me, and the raison d'être of this thread is to observe the walls that the wallmasters set up. There are other threads available, if you want to discuss my fundamental research in an atmosphere of dignity, or contempt.

The latter thread, is shown as follows in my screen:
A: This user is currently ignored.

B: This user is currently ignored.

C: This user is currently ignored.

LOL someone has a massive ego.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
If the CCP's Propaganda Ministry is hyping BTC you can bet your ass you're amidst a pump. It's not some noble endorsement of new technology by the Party's "broad minded" leaders, it's a play. Nothing that comes out of that regime should be taken at face value. It's not a normal government and not a normal society.

Pump or not the price is going up at least for the near-term (that being the pump phase).
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
If the CCP's Propaganda Ministry is hyping BTC you can bet your ass you're amidst a pump. It's not some noble endorsement of new technology by the Party's "broad minded" leaders, it's a play. Nothing that comes out of that regime should be taken at face value. It's not a normal government and not a normal society.

The investors will probably be pretty bad until the bad ones lose capital. Therefore I expect a lot of volatility in the coming weeks.

https://i.imgur.com/0gqLspo.png

We're actually riding this upper wall. I believe the reason we have not crashed (and appear to be rallying) after we smashed the 120 wall and wallzilla jumped ship is because the market is deciding how it is going to react to the China news. The market WILL react to this positively, it is simply too big to ignore. I see a steady rise upwards that gets refueled on Tuesday when the new money is released (the new investors will be happy to jump on the upswing, and actually, this is quite good IMO. This will act as a catching net and widen the base of initial investors from China. Only good things ahead for BTC  Wink
this statement is false

donator
donator
All i know is rpietila has fun. No matter what he is doing, at least he's taking the bull by the horns and doing something..

Thank you for these kind words, sir.

But please remember that at times, 40% of this thread is metatalk about me, and the raison d'être of this thread is to observe the walls that the wallmasters set up. There are other threads available, if you want to discuss my fundamental research in an atmosphere of dignity, or contempt.

The latter thread, is shown as follows in my screen:

B: This user is currently ignored.

C: This user is currently ignored.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I had no problem taking a walk knowing that our saviour wall was there. Now however, I don't really feel safe enough to go sleep.  Cry

There is a solution for that, you buy lot of ChinaCoins hoping you'll hit 15-20% profit in few hours with it being first day on exchange just to wake up and watch it going down for 40% after you refused to sell for some 6-7% profit.

After that you don't give a flying one where bitcoin will finish and sleep as a baby  Grin
this statement is false
bid/ask spread looking extremely bullish. a significant number of asks in the the $120 region have vacated in the last hour.
Activity: 669
Merit: 500

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
lol how did that feel?  Tongue

My reaction was somewhat like this:

"Well, that was dumb...."

haha, dick

No, it's Mister Penis for you.

yeah I felt like Mister Penis in late 2012 when I sold $13, $14 after buying around 10

I am having a hard time determining if rpietila is misunderstood and is actually worth listening to, if he is trying real real hard to manipulate price, or is just really friggin weird?  Does this mean I am being trolled? Lol

personally i'm hoping for a combo of the last two. but the first is a possibility, i admit. a lot of what gets said here (by everyone) goes over my head a bit.

yeah I think he's real and just seems weird because he's a foreigner (not a USA/general internet citizen that speaks English like he's from an American Frat for example)
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
Y'all are being trolled  Grin

A rule-of-thumb:

- Blockchain transactions to your offline-generated wallets are real.
- Everything else is probably fake.
- The wall observer is a joke, since we make the walls. Others observe them.

A rule-of-thumb:

-Don't send bitcoins to anonymous user in hopes they send it back just to "prove" you have more coins than you sent.
-Don't make "bitcoin will never hit $X" statements, it makes you look foolish.
-Observing you is a joke lol

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am having a hard time determining if rpietila is misunderstood and is actually worth listening to, if he is trying real real hard to manipulate price, or is just really friggin weird?  Does this mean I am being trolled? Lol

personally i'm hoping for a combo of the last two. but the first is a possibility, i admit. a lot of what gets said here (by everyone) goes over my head a bit.
Jump to: