Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33520. (Read 26461297 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
It just boggles my mind that someone will play around with 2mil in cash in a market like this.  I wonder how many BTC he has?  

Zero. And just learned about Bitcoin, how amazing it is, and wants a long-term holding like Winklevii, Exante and Keiser?

If someone really wanted to get in at 110 with 2 mil, I think they would put a much smaller wall there and then reinforce it as it gets eaten

Unless they don't give a shit because they HAVE 2 million to play with
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
It just boggles my mind that someone will play around with 2mil in cash in a market like this.  I wonder how many BTC he has?  

Zero. And just learned about Bitcoin, how amazing it is, and wants a long-term holding like Winklevii, Exante and Keiser?

If someone really wanted to get in at 110 with 2 mil, I think they would put a much smaller wall there and then reinforce it as it gets eaten
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
The code that generates the 3D charts is in github or somewhere.. ?
I remember reading that the code was in perl but I don't remember if it was released or something..

Thanks

I think you refer to this post.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
... you're still there, aren't you?

Activity: 196
The code that generates the 3D charts is in github or somewhere.. ?
I remember reading that the code was in perl but I don't remember if it was released or something..

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Heck, it could even be this guy:

...or this guy
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
I love all this talk about "the wall". This thread is in speculation for a reason, because nobody knows wtf the wall is for.
Could be a pump and dump
Could be a toothless redneck lottery winner trying to buy some coins
Could be someone wanting to diversify their investment portfolio
Could be someone who heard the news in China

Could be anything. You should all just turn it off, go grab an ice cold brew, and relax. Start over tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
This wall @110 is making me nervous.... just sitting there, doing nothing... silently judging me... mocking me.

I know what you're up to wall, I'm onto you. You can't fool me, wall. Nobody can fool me. Not after what happened last time.

Just do something already, wall, don't just sit there!!!!

'k. Time to go to bed.
Sleep? What's that?

He didn't say sleep. Have iPad, will travel  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
This wall @110 is making me nervous.... just sitting there, doing nothing... silently judging me... mocking me.

I know what you're up to wall, I'm onto you. You can't fool me, wall. Nobody can fool me. Not after what happened last time.

'k. Time to go to bed.
Sleep? What's that?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
talk to the wall, because the err, wall ain't listening?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

'k. Time to go to bed.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Sweet! Now I can see "nothing happening" in 3d!  Grin
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
My guess is it's some asshole country bumpkin who just won some lottery money and doesn't know any better. He heard about the Murican Bitcoin during a commercial while drunk off his Milwaukee's Best watching "Ow! My Ballz!" and just plopped some of his winnings on Gox without any further clue.

If so he makes better use of his winnings than most (most spend it on trivialities)
Those are the ones you hear about. There are also many you don't hear about and, considering they kept quiet, might be doing something good with the money(like starting businesses).
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
My guess is it's some asshole country bumpkin who just won some lottery money and doesn't know any better. He heard about the Murican Bitcoin during a commercial while drunk off his Milwaukee's Best watching "Ow! My Ballz!" and just plopped some of his winnings on Gox without any further clue.

If so he makes better use of his winnings than most (most spend it on trivialities)
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Have you guys consider for a split second that somebody might really want to sell those coins?

Yes, we're considering that somebody is willing to sell coins, and thus placing a fake bid wall to take the price up

Also, all this work pushing the price up, then he, according you guys' manipulation theories, is able to sell at higher price. I hate to burst your bubbles, but if removes the wall there is no market depth to execute his selling orders at whatever prices he has been trying to push to.

There are already $740k in front of his wall (from $110 to $114.6), that's a nice depth, enough to dump +BTC6,000 significantly higher than when the bid wall did not exist.. And there is another $1M sitting between the $110 wall to $105. That depth is built around the wall that creeped up from $100 to $110 after a crash to $80.

Also, if you have more money than what is necessary to manipulate a market, then  you can only go for peanuts anyway. Market manipulations usually have strategic/political goals behind. Sinking a small player, build or destroy confidence on an niche, media access, etc.   Manipulating to capitalize doesn't really work, if you are the biggest player then you are the most affected by your manipulation.

Making a 10% or 20% profit because of your successful manipulation is never peanuts, never. You set the trends and make smaller players to follow them. This happens in all the markets - in the bigger "real world" markets you have JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs and the likes - in BTC an individual can be a "market mover" at this stage.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
4h EMAs just crossed on clarkmoody. I guess that means it's at least going up a little further, EMA bouncing off doesn't seem too likely.
SAQ
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The wall ain't going anywhere guys except for a buy market order.

I don't see what's so unreasonable about wanting to buy at what seems to be the current market price. Would putting 5k on 115, 5k on 110 and 5k on 105 seem less menacing? Can he really put 1k from 115 to 110 and that somehow would seem less scaring?

How exactly can this guy buy his coins except for out of the order books and even then you might not know how to buy them outside the order book.

He already sold 5k by the way. The wall was 21k on 100. It was taken off. The price went up through a market order to 118 from 108, then the reduced wall of 15 was put on 110.

This guy wants to buy coins. Sell him some.
Activity: 238
In Gord We Trust

"Idiocracy" is probable the best forcast of our future ever made Smiley

I agree.

Country bumpkins... Or rather Ow! My Ballz! I suspect it will be entertaining for a number of folks round these parts.
Jump to: