Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33599. (Read 26460990 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Butterfly labs officially announced shipping... prepare for the bullrun!!

or not...

Coming of ASICs means just one ... selling pressure. People invested a lot into ASIC hardware and they need to cover the costs. The question is if there's still enough buyers to keep the price at these levels after all the news bitcoin-mania ended. We are in the bear market now. The price may slowly go downwards throughout the whole 2013 like it did after 2011 crash.

Agreed.I don't understand advocates who believe price will rise on new asics hardware. This can only lead to increasing daily coins supply, thus more selling pressure.
Activity: 260
Merit: 250

or not...

Coming of ASICs means just one ... selling pressure. People invested a lot into ASIC hardware and they need to cover the costs. The question is if there's still enough buyers to keep the price at these levels after all the news bitcoin-mania ended. We are in the bear market now. The price may slowly go downwards throughout the whole 2013 like it did after 2011 crash.

There will be no more selling pressure than there is now, the same 3600 BTC will be produced each day, and currently more than half of the network is probably ASICs that were purchased at a higher price than BFL's.   Of course, there will be no bull run either . . .   I will be in no hurry to sell my mined coins, unless the price shows itself to be in a continuous downtrend, in which case every miner will be selling, regardless of technology.   The only comparison to 2011 is psychological, Bitcoin is in a very different place than it was in 2011.   I would say that any downtrend will not last as long.   The one risk we have, is the stupid manipulators, something is going to have to be done about them, what, is anyone's guess.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

or not...

I see this differently. There must be thousands of pre-paid orders to be filled, so no effect on btc price until new orders are pouring in
Further, price is tracking difficulty. As the difficulty zooms up towards and past 10 million the integrity of the Bitcoin network becomes phenomenally strong, dragging in more investors who might have been sitting on the sidelines worried about network security from hacking.
Activity: 350
Merit: 257
Trust No One

or not...

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Second rule of Bitcoin: never go to sleep.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
So we nearly tested 150... are we going to nearly test 100 now?
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

ah perhaps someone post some charts, that could relax the mood...and really get some objective discussions going

Charts, you say?

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

bear markets make people really unhappy Tongue also tons of newbies who haven't acclimated to etiquette and such. i'm not surprised proudhon left  Undecided

I believe his final words were "My work is done here"

Cheesy
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
119 wall remains untested

just like the wall at 121 ( the wall that killed the bounce back ) this wall is purely manipulative, a few good hits and these walls will fall.

someone is using his scary walls to buy your asks on the low.

Someone's trying to get suckers to buy into his walls.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

just like the wall at 121 ( the wall that killed the bounce back ) this wall is purely manipulative, a few good hits and these walls will fall.

that's pretty much how the big sell off started, with that 5k wall that was coming up each few minutes

Well, that's it, good night/day/whatever people, keep my coins worthy please  Grin Tongue
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
MtGox raided/shutdown by Friday...

...FUD story is being trolled about in btc-e and has already made it to the twitter churnalists. Don't normally see these get this amount of early traction. Hoping it won't go viral & affect the market.  Roll Eyes

Dude, don't help it go viral. It's fucking CNN iReport -- user-generated content. The only difference between that and YouTube is that some people actually watch YouTube.

Nobody will fall for that shit, so don't worry.

+1 Why even post this dumb shit.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

legendary
Merit: 1002
Ugh, this is the worst part about going to sleep, having to figure out what price I should place my buy orders

every 1% down to what you think might be the minimum price... adjust the size of the orders to invest as much as you want

That'd be helpful if I had any clue what the minimum price would be ;p

You'll never get that right, which is why you go to the extra effort to get a decent average price no matter where it bottoms.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Thanks captain obvious. Nothing gets by you TA guys.

we don't have to be enemies... this is a community Smiley i have nothing against you, fitty.

Agree, things are really breaking down in here.

this.

haven't visited new wall thread too often last days but it got really rough tones compared to the old one.
Why is that thread called hardcore again?
(reminds me of that well-known netexperience when you search a subject on some forum and instead of getting the wanted information you can scroll through a multiple page flamewar.
Nice for voyeuristic tendencies and analyzing social deficiency but useless for this thread!)
please chill the f**k out, here 's a flower (to stick in your hair) and discuss that stuff in some battlearenathread where you can speculate with your egos.

sorry for getting too groovy, where were we?
ah perhaps someone post some charts, that could relax the mood...and really get some objective discussions going
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
I have clarkmood set to make a sound on every market order

now I'm waiting to hear what a bot fight sounds like  Cheesy

I hope the green bot wins....
legendary
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
I have clarkmood set to make a sound on every market order

now I'm waiting to hear what a bot fight sounds like  Cheesy
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Ugh, this is the worst part about going to sleep, having to figure out what price I should place my buy orders

every 1% down to what you think might be the minimum price... adjust the size of the orders to invest as much as you want

That'd be helpful if I had any clue what the minimum price would be ;p
legendary
Merit: 1002

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
420 tried to read the speculation thread, (like 10 pages for one day)

to figure out why the price is down to near $100

Sees a bunch of bickering and bullshit

I learned more from the BTC-e chat box. That there was a fake gox raid, and then somewhere about silk road down and back up

adam can we start banning people
Jump to: