Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33602. (Read 26461042 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
this is stated quite a bit on the forums, and i always found it especially ironic because it seems to be the case that it really is the speaker's own ignorance that is being projected...

very similar to what happened in the other thread with zanglebert. nothing against him, but you really need to inform yourself about a topic before passing judgment, or else you're no better than the people on something awful who circlejerk about how idiotic bitcoin is without ever fully understanding it.

how many assumptions you want to make? you too should inform yourself before passing judgement

i've probably read more books specifically on TA than books that you've read in total in your life

just because you can draw some arbitrary lines doesn't mean you know what you are doing. but you can remain convinced if you want.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
hooray for cheap coins!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

There is now a mighty mass of bitcoins purchased since April 1 above current levels and yet unsold. Back in August 2011, the first and greatest capitulation of that bubble had two legs, dropping over three days. I believe the situation permits a breather at ~115 for a day, then another deep plunge - to the extent that a single carefully selected instance from 2011 serves to model all such bitcoin bubbles.

Comparing this bubble with the 2011 bubble is going to get you a lot of fiat and no bitcoins.
Activity: 188
Merit: 108
Butterfly labs officially announced shipping... prepare for the bullrun!!

or not...

Well their site is indeed interesting:
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed

There is now a mighty mass of bitcoins purchased since April 1 above current levels and yet unsold. Back in August 2011, the first and greatest capitulation of that bubble had two legs, dropping over three days. I believe the situation permits a breather at ~115 for a day, then another deep plunge - to the extent that a single carefully selected instance from 2011 serves to model all such bitcoin bubbles.
Activity: 448
this statement is false
this thread is a circus. and you, lizardman -- you're the ringleader. thanks for the overconfidence and letting me know that you were 'all-in', it was a very reliable contrarian indicator, and it paid my whole months rent as i slept peacefully.

Since when did you have a handle on the market? Yesterday morning you were full bull and saw the upward trend continuing. So you didn't see this coming yesterday, in fact predicted the opposite, and now you're lecturing people on charts and fundamentals?

Technical Analysis people have no clue wtf they are talking about, dont put any credit into that guy

this is stated quite a bit on the forums, and i always found it especially ironic because it seems to be the case that it really is the speaker's own ignorance that is being projected...

very similar to what happened in the other thread with zanglebert. nothing against him, but you really need to inform yourself about a topic before passing judgment, or else you're no better than the people on something awful who circlejerk about how idiotic bitcoin is without ever fully understanding it.

Since when did you have a handle on the market? Yesterday morning you were full bull and saw the upward trend continuing. So you didn't see this coming yesterday, in fact predicted the opposite, and now you're lecturing people on charts and fundamentals? Within 24 hours you were horrifically wrong. You probably need a timeout. But you did have 2 good charts showing the upward trend. Maybe you can photoshop those, since they're sorta upside down based on what actually happened.

yes, thank you for re-posting my work (from two days ago). i, unlike lizardman, fully accept that i am not 100% sure of price movements, and don't offer hundred-thousand-dollar put options.

if you'd read on, i discussed that model and a few reasons why it may have failed so spectacularly. yesterday, after the triangle broke down, i immediately warned of a retest of $120. last night, i opened a short.

tl;dr  -- you're quote-mining, and it doesn't matter if i was wrong two days ago if i can still profit today Tongue
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Butterfly labs officially announced shipping... prepare for the bullrun!!

or not...
Activity: 448
Currently $120.50 on CampBX.

Inb4... Rpietila says "I don't think we're going to see $115 ever again..." AGAIN.  Grin Grin Grin

Of course followed by "I am so sure of this, I will even write a BTC72 bajillion put... any takers?  Cool
Activity: 252
this thread is a circus. and you, lizardman -- you're the ringleader. thanks for the overconfidence and letting me know that you were 'all-in', it was a very reliable contrarian indicator, and it paid my whole months rent as i slept peacefully.

Since when did you have a handle on the market? Yesterday morning you were full bull and saw the upward trend continuing. So you didn't see this coming yesterday, in fact predicted the opposite, and now you're lecturing people on charts and fundamentals?

Technical Analysis people have no clue wtf they are talking about, dont put any credit into that guy
This thing is still on a downward trend
Activity: 280
Activity: 168
Bixcoin Superdouche
Sold at $114.75, any chance of me getting back in at $111-$112?

coming soon. Still got the balls?
I should have left my order at 109 alone... could have gotten more coins than I did...
Activity: 798
Let's face it, the biggest problem with Bitcoin is that some people have too much and can change market sentiment with the click of a button.

Yup. Does not sound very different from the tyranny that the 'libertarians' are trying to free us from ...
Only the master changes ...
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
Could someone please tell me what is going on, I just came home. What caused this price drop and where the price is heading?
SR has been down and is coming up intermittently. SR users try to get their Bitcoins out ASAP and dump them at market because they can't get their drugs and have no other use for BTC.
DDoS SR 1:1 DDoS MtGox
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Let's face it, the biggest problem with Bitcoin is that some people have too much and can change market sentiment with the click of a button.
Activity: 798
It's all very well those jumping on board fearful of missing the boat when we were on that massive rally and wanting nothing but to see the value of their investment going through the roof.  Everyone should feel free to buy for whatever reason they want - but they shouldn't come crying to me when it all goes Pete Tong!

Aye, ain't no tissues around here  Sad
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
What is the rationale for this "crash"?

It started with 1 semi big dump yesterday and just as i expected this manipulating and playing around will eventually go wrong. People get tired of it and refuse to buy anymore. It might kill the coin.

No, it can't kill the coin though it might just kill the incentive for those wanting to jump on board purely as a get-rich-quick scheme.  If it forces people to think a bit harder prior to jumping in then all the better because those who do buy will be more likely to be buying sensibly and with more realistic expectations, a considered accepted risk of loss and most likely a better idea of what they like about bitcoin and why they'd like it to succeed.

It's all very well those jumping on board fearful of missing the boat when we were on that massive rally and wanting nothing but to see the value of their investment going through the roof.  Everyone should feel free to buy for whatever reason they want - but they shouldn't come crying to me when it all goes Pete Tong!
Activity: 123
Activity: 434
Jump to: