Pages:
Author

Topic: War on cryptocurrency! - page 35. (Read 4228 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 22
January 17, 2018, 12:56:07 AM
Don't worry. Technologies evolve and now, there are already some established altcoins that provide privacy and anonymity, which by itself makes the traffic unidentifiable. If transaction traffic and data cannot be identified, it cannot be regulated or controlled.

I think bitcoin power is already over by now as its technologies are outdated and doesn't provide privacy to protect you. Also, you can't rely on public exchanges because they can be regulated. I recommend you do some research. Look into decentralized exchanges (such as bisq) and look for some crypto-currencies that provide true privacy. 2018 is the year of privacy and the public is already shifting towards that. I don't like to recommend coins but Monero is the standard and it is time to buy as prices are down also. Dash, ZCash, Verge are also private but do your research as Dash is not truly decentralized.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158
January 17, 2018, 12:49:07 AM
Governments of many countries are practically declaring war on cryptocurrencies.
Why is that?
This "War on bitcoin" has been an ongoing phenomena for quite sometime. China did the "ban bitcoin" step in September last year and resulted in a lot of cheap BTC buy-ins.
This time around maybe the same or maybe different. What doesn't change is that you only buy more if you understand and believe in cryptos. Governments act against them because they see it as forming a potential channel of capital transfers that it cannot control. So they put out warnings and regulations. The whole scenario is still evolving but considering the potential of blockchain technologies and cryptos, a blanket ban would neither be possible, not beneficial to even the governement.
Take it in your stride.

If you are worried about your investment in bitcoin then you don't have to, given that you only invested what you can afford to lose.
Activity: 126
Merit: 3
January 17, 2018, 12:37:46 AM
One concept is called Seigniorage Revenue. The meaning of seigniorage is the difference between the cost of minting money and its face value. In the age of paper money, the cost of printing money was negligible, and the government had a monopoly on printing money, so it was able to get all the seigniorage. It is unthinkable that the government should give up the revenue and the virtual currency such as bitcoin. In fact, no government has any reason to let that happen.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
January 17, 2018, 12:09:34 AM
Governments of many countries are practically declaring war on cryptocurrencies.
Why is that?
Is it like war on drugs? I think you are too much exaggerated. Well, some governments are just banning bitcoin but they are not declaring war on it.
Activity: 117
Merit: 100
January 16, 2018, 11:29:34 PM
Why is that?

That is a bit of an overstatement I would say. Governments are concerned about taxes and politicians are going to take advantage of the banks and industries to control this new market. The war will be on the communities.

I agree. Governments want to put a tax on every transaction from crypto to fiat currency. Without tax it's illegal to them.
When they start taxing it for sure banks will be afraid that crypto will eventually replace fiat currency. But i think that's not gonna happen. They can only put tax in a purpose of easier transaction.
Activity: 69
Merit: 2
January 16, 2018, 10:33:47 PM

Government of other country declaring war against cryptocurrencies simply because they cannot control it, and they cannot collect taxes on cryptocurrencies
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
January 16, 2018, 06:47:08 PM
Why is that?

Governments don’t understand Bitcoin and want to control it. It is true that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will be disruptive to banking as we know it. This makes them want to hold Bitcoin back. Governments also want to make sure they get their taxes from us as well.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
January 16, 2018, 06:33:09 PM
Why is that?

That is a bit of an overstatement I would say. Governments are concerned about taxes and politicians are going to take advantage of the banks and industries to control this new market. The war will be on the communities.
Activity: 117
Merit: 0
January 16, 2018, 05:42:40 PM
Why is that?
Pages:
Jump to: