Pages:
Author

Topic: Warning: How many of you Bears have ever been a victim of a Short Squeeze? - page 10. (Read 43736 times)

FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
you must be a hidden subscriber.

lol, no, just great minds ... etc

Has been pretty obvious lately.  Have no idea what the bears are clinging onto besides hope and dreams
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
Meahnwhile, BTCUSD moving up.. stone throw from 113.25$, once comfortably above it, the next stops are 130's and 160's.

choo chooooo

for what it worth:

The above pattern is so called "inverse head and shoulders" and it is a widely held belief that it is one of the most high probability bottoming and trend reversal patterns.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/inverseheadandshoulders.asp

Investopedia explains 'Inverse Head And Shoulders'
As you can see from the chart above, a move above the resistance, also known as the neckline, is used as a signal of a sharp move higher. Many traders will watch for a large spike in volume to confirm the validity of the breakout. This pattern is the opposite of the popular head and shoulders pattern, but is used to predict shifts in a downtrend rather than an uptrend.

you must be a hidden subscriber.  i identified that for my subs back on 8/5.

great eyes see alike. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Meahnwhile, BTCUSD moving up.. stone throw from 113.25$, once comfortably above it, the next stops are 130's and 160's.

choo chooooo
legendary
maybe that was the wrong one.  this one might be better:

legendary
shorting it at 2.x is crazy...  the most you can make is 2.x ...  most likely .x  

But long it could multiple if held long enough....

I don't know about that.  With a flurry of news articles on the horizon about the end of bitcoin I think we'll see another frenzy of dumping which could take bitcoin to levels where we see enough people abandon mining that for the few people still trying to move these things around the blockchain the process gets very, very slow.

Here is your role model, bears. Even bards make songs about him now. Smiley He has redefined speculation! It now can be driven not only by fear and greed but now also by jealousy. LOL

you're definitely on to something here.  the "Vladdy Logarithmic Effect"

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Gloating bulls, gloating bears... it's like Kindergarten antics. Bit sad considering the likely age of posters here.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
shorting it at 2.x is crazy...  the most you can make is 2.x ...  most likely .x   

But long it could multiple if held long enough....

I don't know about that.  With a flurry of news articles on the horizon about the end of bitcoin I think we'll see another frenzy of dumping which could take bitcoin to levels where we see enough people abandon mining that for the few people still trying to move these things around the blockchain the process gets very, very slow.

Here is your role model, bears. Even bards make songs about him now. Smiley He has redefined speculation! It now can be driven not only by fear and greed but now also by jealousy. LOL

As smug as ever.
legendary
Got 2 million $ to buy it up yourself?

Oh, you don't Tongue
legendary
from TA point of view, there is nothing to talk about until it moves above 3.25, than we have higher highs and higher lows on daily which is what all the money on sidelines ultimately are waiting for. (whatever TA tea leaves they are using).

A little "Told ya so" moment. 3.25 was broken up on volume not so long ago. I think that the trend has changed. A few more higher highs and higher lows and bulls are in business big time.

Some light necro... It was fun reading about breakout of 3.25$. I'd think something similar is coming up again around 113.25$ perhaps.

I really like this idea. It's clever and is sneaky. Probably already starting from 103.25.

How logarithmic of you, Vladimir.

legendary
this thread is full of idiots.

you know who you are.
legendary
wow, this does qualify as necro  Cheesy

certainly one of my favorites.  the whole pirate thing has forced the SEC to commit; that Bitcoin really is money as we have always argued.  that's really bad news for the bears.

yes, soon we will get the short squeeze of the century.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
The wheels of justice move very slowly, and if there are appeals this can go on for years.
legendary
... but this is very timely now. This is from the era of pirateat40 and his massive BTC short play. With hindsight we now know how it is playing out. Now here is the interesting part what will be the BTC / USD exchange rate by the time the US courts finish passing judgement on pirateat40? This may well set the record for a "short squeeze".

Face it fishing out the lastest novelty and attributing it as the next thing that will bring us "to the moon" doesn't work any more. I would even say pirate got demystified, his absolutely pathetic performance and the little gain he got out of his crime sheds a light onto the bitcoin "economy" and reveals it for what it is. A bunch of layered investment schemes, with the majority represented in this very forum.

The only thing that brings us up is: New cash and more of it. Again wait for the gox debatable to play itself out then see if we get capitulation and then we can talk about it.

tl;dr Bulls won't move until they want to.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
... but this is very timely now. This is from the era of pirateat40 and his massive BTC short play. With hindsight we now know how it is playing out. Now here is the interesting part what will be the BTC / USD exchange rate by the time the US courts finish passing judgement on pirateat40? This may well set the record for a "short squeeze".
legendary
Try again in a year or so. Smiley
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
How many?

if you meant me I'm holding > 1,500 BTC long term now
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
anyone shorting Bitcoin doesn't have a clue what's going on in the real world:

http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/chris-puplava/2012/01/13/finally-equity-markets-and-credit-markets-in-harmony-again

we are about to enter a new Bull market in stocks.  we're up 20% since 10/4/11 and going higher.

credit is easing despite whats happening in Europe.  that means investors are looking for promising cheap plays. 

with Bitcoin having been oversold and still underpriced, the fiat money flow is going to be enormous.

I agree on the big rally potential for bitcoins as you know.

I disagree on the stock market. We may just have seen the top for years to come. Maybe the SPX touches 1300 next week as one more high and then it will fall like a stone.
legendary
anyone shorting Bitcoin doesn't have a clue what's going on in the real world:

http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/chris-puplava/2012/01/13/finally-equity-markets-and-credit-markets-in-harmony-again

we are about to enter a new Bull market in stocks.  we're up 20% since 10/4/11 and going higher.

credit is easing despite whats happening in Europe.  that means investors are looking for promising cheap plays. 

with Bitcoin having been oversold and still underpriced, the fiat money flow is going to be enormous.
legendary
How many?

You do this again? It seems you're always "testing" Zhou's algo.  Cheesy

it wasn't me this time.  there are alot more big whales now diving deep and scooping up the lemmings who are dumping.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
How many?

You do this again? It seems you're always "testing" Zhou's algo.  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: