Pages:
Author

Topic: Warning: How many of you Bears have ever been a victim of a Short Squeeze? - page 3. (Read 43736 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
cypherdoc, I hope you managed to profit in btc from this downturn. I'm making a killing here, lol.

just don't give it all back by being greedy.

Already took profits, but leaving some dry powder in case it goes down further. At this point it's silly to wait if you had the plans to buy some.

for me, it's just too risky to be leaving any fiat or BTC on any of these exchanges, esp Bitstamp.  some funny shit going on there.  it's not worth trying to day trade these swings.  i'm happy with just buying dips.

Yes it is risky but I cannot resist:
1) send X % of fiat (you can afford to lose)
2) buy and withdraw
3) go to 1
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
cypherdoc, I hope you managed to profit in btc from this downturn. I'm making a killing here, lol.

Already took profits, but leaving some dry powder in case it goes down further. At this point it's silly to wait if you had the plans to buy some.

for me, it's just too risky to be leaving any fiat or BTC on any of these exchanges, esp Bitstamp.  some funny shit going on there.  it's not worth trying to day trade these swings.  i'm happy with just buying dips.

I hear you. The way I approach it now is by scalping futures at okcoin to offset the losses on my larger chunk of coins held in cold storage. So the cold storage is my hedge in case okcoin goes belly-up.

edit: The interesting part is that by using bitcoin as collateral for a short position you're not really selling them, so you're avoiding incurring capital gains tax.

i get ya.  but just hope your coins don't disappear one day.
Activity: 614
Merit: 500

for me, it's just too risky to be leaving any fiat or BTC on any of these exchanges, esp Bitstamp.  some funny shit going on there.  it's not worth trying to day trade these swings.  i'm happy with just buying dips.

I hear you. The way I approach it now is by scalping futures at okcoin to offset the losses on my larger chunk of coins held in cold storage. So the cold storage is my hedge in case okcoin goes belly-up.

edit: The interesting part is that by using bitcoin as collateral for a short position you're not really selling them, so you're avoiding incurring capital gains tax.
legendary

for me, it's just too risky to be leaving any fiat or BTC on any of these exchanges, esp Bitstamp.  some funny shit going on there.  it's not worth trying to day trade these swings.  i'm happy with just buying dips.

legendary

legendary
I did not wake you up, cypherdoc.  Why would I?  How would I?  Don't think about it now tho, wait 'til you're better.

Have you called 911 yet?  Is help on the way?

keep selling/shorting, baby.  keep selling...
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
I did not wake you up, cypherdoc.  Why would I?  How would I?  Don't think about it now tho, wait 'til you're better.

Have you called 911 yet?  Is help on the way?
legendary
"bullshit"

thx for waking me up this morning, MyLameChop.  see what happens?
Call 911 and stay on the line, cypherdoc.  I'm becoming increasingly concerned for your safety.

legendary
@NotLambchop   ..... you have still not answered his question ..... why are they accumulating?

~ some people can't see it ~  

Grin

On the off-chance you seriously want to know:

Bitcoin early adopters are unlike other self-made millionaires.  They did not need to be particularly shrewd, intelligent, or business savvy to accumulate their wealth.  No more so than lottery winners.  Remember the Bitcoin pizza that was bought thousands of coin?  Yeah, like that.  The guy who got the coin was not a financial wizard, but coins he got.

And then there are paranoid, possibly mentally impaired holders like cypherdoc, who will never sell.  Bitcoin tends to attract the unwell.

Does this help at all?

nice hand waving.  how do you know they aren't financially astute?  that's an opinion, not fact.

once again, nothing of substance from MyLameChop.
@NotLambchop   ..... you have still not answered his question ..... why are they accumulating?

Grin

On the off-chance you seriously want to know:

Bitcoin early adopters are unlike other self-made millionaires.  They did not need to be particularly shrewd, intelligent, or business savvy to accumulate their wealth.  No more so than lottery winners.  Remember the Bitcoin pizza that was bought thousands of coin?  Yeah, like that.  The guy who got the coin was not a financial wizard, but coin he got.

And then there are paranoid, possibly mentally impaired, possibly anal retentive (known as "hoarders") holders like cypherdoc, who will never sell.  Bitcoin tends to attract the unwell.

Does this help at all?
legendary
what happened to the 30000 BTC ask wall?
legendary

The good thing is that tards don't really have much money.

you mean like MyLameChop?
Activity: 515
Merit: 506
Screw It, Let's Do It
Not a problem.  But you really need to make that phone call. 9-1-1.

^You're welcome.
Always glad to help the differently-enabled and the mentally ill.
Smiley

remember that fiat holders have unlimited ammunition to push BTC UP.  that's what central banks are for  Cheesy

No. The good thing is that tards don't really have much money. That's because they are tards and poor beggars. They rely on nice rich people pushing the price up.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

Grin
legendary

^You're welcome.
Smiley

remember that fiat holders have unlimited ammunition to push BTC UP.  that's what central banks are for  Cheesy

^You're welcome.
Smiley
legendary
Behave.
Don't make me call Dr.Benway.
You won't like it if I call Dr.Benway Angry

keep pushing me UP.  it feels g00d.
Pages:
Jump to: